Princess has gone from first to worst in our eyes

MoneyGuy

OP is lucky. I had my balcony door open in Miami Beach, the chambermaid caught me,

and didn't say a word. Ten minutes after she walked out, up came the manager to

explain to me.....first the expense of overworking the AC, second, the wind tunnel/

suction effect that could cause an injury, and third, the damp air permeating the

room and the beds.

Reading this thread I am befuddled about balcony door rules.

I am an inexperienced cruiser, having only been on a short Baja cruise with both RCCL and Carnival, and a Hawaiian cruise with Norwegian.

In September we are going on the Sea Princess to Alaska.

We have had balcony rooms on the Hawaiian cruise and one of the Baja ones.

I must admit..not only is the balcony door open whenever I am in the room, I SLEEP with the balcony door open.:o

I had no idea this was not allowed.

As for the air-conditioning, I turned ours off as I like fresh air cooling the room rather than ac air.

Thanks to this thread I now know now to be very surreptitious about my balcony door shenanigans.;)

Thank you. I'm taking a beating on here. I pay hundreds of dollars more for a balcony and then can't use it for its full intent. Then they ignore me.

Gee what's next, complaining about the boat tipping a bit?.. if that was your only problem, consider it a great cruise ...:cool:

I think most stores are now on their summer clothes...but the wintery clothes may come out again by early summer. We had booked our Alaskan cruise in January that year so I was able to scoop up some clearance bargains. Turned out we didn't need the "wooleys" I purchased. Just think layers. If the kids will wear undershirts' date=' pack a few of those as well as some v-neck sweaters. Basically, more rough and ready type of clothes for the port days, flannel shirts, jeans that kind of things.

I'd packed gloves, hats, etc. and we didn't need them except for maybe the morning of the glacier viewing.

This is what my girl looked like that morning (she wasn't too happy about getting up at 6 during her vacation):

2314382750103777938S425x425Q85.jpg

Note her footwear.:D

Oh, I know the look:D Here is my daughter for fashion statement. This was not purchase for Alaska but for school. The new desert wear. I guess I could pack this.

2533150160101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

I think most stores are now on their summer clothes...but the wintery clothes may come out again by early summer. We had booked our Alaskan cruise in January that year so I was able to scoop up some clearance bargains. Turned out we didn't need the "wooleys" I purchased. Just think layers. If the kids will wear undershirts' date=' pack a few of those as well as some v-neck sweaters. Basically, more rough and ready type of clothes for the port days, flannel shirts, jeans that kind of things.

I'd packed gloves, hats, etc. and we didn't need them except for maybe the morning of the glacier viewing.

This is what my girl looked like that morning (she wasn't too happy about getting up at 6 during her vacation):

2314382750103777938S425x425Q85.jpg

Note her footwear.:D

She sorta looks like Kenny from South Park... :D

I booked our first balcony and selected an aft balcony over a mini suite after reading how wonderful it was to fall asleep to the sound of the waves. We slept with the door opened most nights and laid in bed with the door opened most days listening and watching the waves. The heat was off so no energy issue.

To fall asleep to the sound of the waves is one of the biggest reason I booked the aft. If I couldn't have done this, I would have been disappointed. Would I do it again, absolutely, granted with the heat or A/C off. Most things I read on the internet I take with a grain of salt and counting on Princess to give you straight answers is a waste of time. It's a truly magnificent sound to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the waves. It's almost intoxicating to lay in bed and watch and listen. I would definately enjoy the summer sea breeze in the cabin with the A/C off. I guess I should pray that there isn't a huge wave because I can't swim. However, if I am taking a nap on the balcony (which I did) it won't make a difference. )-:

Thy will be done!

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3063681130101627832NASeuk

YES, I checked with the CSRs at Princess and THEY said would be Ok!

Archived