Princess has gone from first to worst in our eyes

MoneyGuy

I agree with the OP that he should have received a response from Princess. Unfortunately, if I worked for Princess, he would not like the response I would send.

Which is why there are form letters to resist the temptation:D:D:D

Business is business and I was taught good companies respond to complaints, no matter how reasonable or unreasonable. The unreasonable ones are usually the easiest because you simply state and restate your policy. I am far from impress with Princess customer service for other reasons, but this adds to it. A good CRS could have this guy paying restitution for wasting energy.

I was curious by this sudden urge to comment on a cruise you were on last year and looked back at your posting history and found this:

It was a good cruise. We traveled with our two adult children and had a great time with them. Two solid weeks with them was wonderful. So many good memories. We enjoyed our time with you, Joanne, Terry, Julie and Bill, as well as meeting several others. Got home to Alberta to a big dump of snow. Already thinking of another cruise, thinking of Mexico, the Mediterrnean, the Amazon and the Panama Canal. Mrs. MG and I are making a trip to Quebec City in a few weeks, on business this time but there will be personal time taken as well.

Does anyone know how I can send comments to Princess about a little issue that happened to us? Is there an email address that anyone is aware of? I'll check their website, but I thought someone might know.

So this little issue is now a big issue?

Hi All,

Was thinking about my last cruise late one night or should that be very early morning while walking down the hall way,

I thought I heard a pack of wolves a howeling, OK may be one drink to many but no it was the air rushing under the doors of those folk luckly enough to out side cabins leaving there doors open.

yours Shogun

[quote name='Linda74']Thank you!!! I should have let the poster rant but after seeing my and my children's lives turned upside down by the "Beast" which is cancer, but could have been any other lifestorm, the near sightedness of his view of the world spoke to me and I had to respond. I hope you are cured of your prostate cancer. My husband who ran 4 miles a day and ate healthily his entire life was stage 4 at diagnosis. We had four months to say goodbye and for me to take care of him..really my last gift to the most wonderful, humble human being I have ever met....who never complained despite all of the horrible treatments he endured (do you see why complainers like this poster stir my emotions)...I am so glad we traveled and created memories....I could recount horror stories of airlines, hotels, etc. etc...in the US and third world countries....but I would be missing the point that first of all we were blessed to be able to travel and secondly that we had each other ......
Finally, next month, I am taking my 87 year old mother on her first cruise...She got her first passport yesterday.....I surely will not let squeaky balcony doors diminish our pleasure....I really feel so sad for the gentleman who initiated this post...he surely is missing out on what life is all about....[/quote]

[SIZE=3]For Linda 74. God Bless and yes I know what you are going through. I know the terrable real pain you feel inside and I know how you do want to talk about it but every one else does not want to hurt your feeling by talking about it. It is a physical hurt. It is difficult to comfort your childern because they hurt also. Unfortunately family at times like this are all morning and it is difficult to help each other.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I can't say you will get over it because you wont. It has been 26 years and I haven't. But you will learn to live with it and I did. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Do seek help, talk, and helping someone else is magical. Be good to your self, stay busy and in time you will put the grieving in its proper place. God Bless.:)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I am sorry to my fellow posters for inserting this here but it is a hell of a lot more important than this cock a mammy would be complaint that amounts to zilch.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]OP you haven't got a clue.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Jack [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]who will be on the Sapphire next week celebrating his second 22nd anniversary with lovely wife Nora.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[quote=Cruisin' Chick;19055275]I was curious by this sudden urge to comment on a cruise you were on last year and looked back at your posting history and found this:

It was a good cruise. We traveled with our two adult children and had a great time with them. Two solid weeks with them was wonderful. So many good memories. We enjoyed our time with you, Joanne, Terry, Julie and Bill, as well as meeting several others. Got home to Alberta to a big dump of snow. Already thinking of another cruise, thinking of Mexico, the Mediterrnean, the Amazon and the Panama Canal. Mrs. MG and I are making a trip to Quebec City in a few weeks, on business this time but there will be personal time taken as well.

Does anyone know how I can send comments to Princess about [COLOR=red]a little issue[/COLOR] that happened to us? Is there an email address that anyone is aware of? I'll check their website, but I thought someone might know.

So this little issue is now a big issue?[/quote]

Obviously there's an ulterior motive here for bringing this up again a year later. Maybe this confused soul thinks he can somehow score some kind of compensation? He calls himself MoneyGuy, right? He must be after money.

Leaving your balcony door open is not safe. If you were to get hit with a rogue wave, you could be seriously injured or even drown. That is the main reason why the doors are set up to close automatically. Sorry, I think that this is a wierd reason to call Princess "first to worst".

While I agree that it is bad customer service to ignore a complaint, regardless of how small it may appear to some, I just don't get how this was a "once-in-a-life" cruise when you claim to be so well off and looking forward to so many future cruises:confused:

[quote name='Donder1']Leaving your balcony door open is not safe. If you were to get hit with a rogue wave, you could be seriously injured or even drown. [COLOR="Red"][B]That is the main reason why the doors are set up to close automatically. [/B][/COLOR]Sorry, I think that this is a wierd reason to call Princess "first to worst".[/QUOTE]

I don't ever recall seeing that on a Princess ship.

[quote name='Donder1']Leaving your balcony door open is not safe. If you were to get hit with a rogue wave, you could be seriously injured or even drown. That is the main reason why the doors are set up to close automatically. Sorry, I think that this is a wierd reason to call Princess "first to worst".[/quote]
I have been on the Diamond, Caribbean Princess and Ruby and all the balconies we had had never had doors that closed automatically.

[quote name='Live4Vacay']While I agree that it is bad customer service to ignore a complaint, regardless of how small it may appear to some, I just don't get how this was a "once-in-a-life" cruise when you claim to be so well off and looking forward to so many future cruises:confused:[/quote]

For some cruising is and always will be a 'once-in-a-life' occasion. Your first cruise, your first ocean view room, your first balcony, your first cruise with the kids, your first cruise without the kids, your first cruise to a new destination. When it's not the first, it could be the first time you slow down to notice something or stepped out of your comfort zone and do an excursion off the beaten path. Moments that will never be repeated and therefore truly 'once-in-a life'. That's what keeps cruising so exciting for some, while to other it is simply boat ride doing it B2B 4 R&R. When something goes wrong for them it's really no big deal. I have had several once-in-a-life cruises and I am hoping for a few others. Each cruise can truly feel like the first or something that will never happen again.

It's a shame customer service has taken this turn yet so many accept it. I am going to apply for a job with Princess Customer Service Department. Someone needs to work on form letters for them. Dear Valued Customer letters 1-999.

I obviously just got a form letter from Customer Relations......I faxed them asking why
my first seating waitlist number had gone from 125 to 127 to 129. They told me to fax
my original confirmation.....I circled the 125 and sent it, with an explanatory letter.
I received a form letter stating that they can't jump me up the line because the seating
requests are first come first served. Should I resend my first fax (at the UPS store
because I don't have a fax), with a second cover letter asking what the heck they're
talking about, and didn't they read my letter the first time? Or should I wait till we
board and beg the maitre d'. I have always enjoyed my Princess cruises, but have
never enjoyed dealing with the company prior to the cruises. And that goes back to
when I sold Princess as a 15 year travel agent.

[quote name='jagsfan']I obviously just got a form letter from Customer Relations......I faxed them asking why
my first seating waitlist number had gone from 125 to 127 to 129. They told me to fax
my original confirmation.....I circled the 125 and sent it, with an explanatory letter.
I received a form letter stating that they can't jump me up the line because the seating
requests are first come first served. Should I resend my first fax (at the UPS store
because I don't have a fax), with a second cover letter asking what the heck they're
talking about, and didn't they read my letter the first time? Or should I wait till we
board and beg the maitre d'. I have always enjoyed my Princess cruises, but have
never enjoyed dealing with the company prior to the cruises. And that goes back to
when I sold Princess as a 15 year travel agent.[/quote]

I would guess that seeing the maitre d' when boarding is about all you can do. Since you were a travel agent for 15 years, I am sure you know why your numbers went down instead of up? My guess, full suites booked since you were on the waitlist and they are given priority dining reservations. ;) Someone recently called Princess that had the same problem, and that is the answer they too were given, as they didn't belive me when I told them why. lol

Why are there so many obtuse people on CC? The OP complaint was a customer service issue. It is rather convenient for so many here to speak only of the balcony situation. Most people who post seem like tools for the cruise corporations. The OP came seeking some empathy or advice from fellow cruisers not an environmental critique. Do me a favor. When you feel the need to be pedantic about someone's grammar or not offer any constructive advice. DON'T POST!!

[quote name='atbull']Why are there so many obtuse people on CC? The OP complaint was a customer service issue. It is rather convenient for so many here to speak only of the balcony situation. Most people who post seem like tools for the cruise corporations. The OP came seeking some empathy or advice from fellow cruisers not an environmental critique. Do me a favor. When you feel the need to be pedantic about someone's grammar or not offer any constructive advice. DON'T POST!![/quote]
Your dealing with the PDT (princess defense team) what do you expect

[quote name='atbull']Why are there so many obtuse people on CC? The OP complaint was a customer service issue. It is rather convenient for so many here to speak only of the balcony situation. Most people who post seem like tools for the cruise corporations. The OP came seeking some empathy or advice from fellow cruisers not an environmental critique. Do me a favor. When you feel the need to be pedantic about someone's grammar or not offer any constructive advice. DON'T POST!![/quote]

Don't know which side of the bed you woke up on this morning, but it was obviously the wrong one. The OP was looking for sympathy in a situation that was entirely his own fault. There are clear postings saying that the balcony door should not be left open, and when the OP did this the expected outcome resulted. Should anyone here, or anyone at Princess for that matter, have anything other than disinterest or point out the harsh reality that the outcome was entirely expected? So, am I to take that since you disagree with the advice that was given here you automatically assume that it's not constructive? The cruise was a year ago, the OP was not following the clearly posted guidelines, and everyone here is supposed to give a shoulder to cry on? Maybe next time.

I have written to Princess four times and have always received a response.I wrote my last letter in Jan. asking if I should continue to make my personal requests,that are shown on the personalizer,and never transmitted to the ship.I also praised three employees who made our last cruise special with their exceptional service.I received a message on my answering machine,a month later,thanking me for my comments and saying that they would address the original problem.They also said that they would be crediting each of our shipboard accounts on our next cruise.I was not looking for a discount or credit but Princess did an excellent job at customer service.

Most cruise passengers don't seem to understand the basic workings of cruise ships.

All modern cruise ships are designed with fire prevention in mind. The ventilation in all passenger cabins is desigend and adjusted so that the air pressure inside the cabin is slightly higher than the air pressure outside the cabin. This will help to drive smoke and flames away from the cabin rather than into it, in case of fire.
All modern cruise ships also have vertical fire and ventilation zones. These zones divide the ship into several vertical sections that can be isolated from the others in case of fire, making the experience even safer.

When you open your balcony door and leave it open, the over pressure in your cabin goes out the door. The ventilation system in your zone tries to compensate by robbing cool ventilation air from all your neighbors (as many as 60 other cabins) and pump it into your cabin to raise the air pressure. (That's where the excess noise comes from.) So long as your balcony door remains open, the pressure is never achieved and the system continues to rob air from all the other cabins. This creates a dangerous situation if there is a fire. Passenger cabins with an air pressure lower than the air pressure in the corridors will be pulling fire and smoke toward you, rather than away.

This also explains why sometimes your aircon doesn't seem to be working very well - and the engineers seem unable to fix the problem. Your neighbors have left their balcony doors open and your cool air is now flowing outside.

All the cruise lines have signs or warnings to close your balcony door. But it seems that many cruises cannot or will not read these notices.

Some of the cruise lines have resorted to magnetic switches on the balcony doors. As soon as you open the door, your cabin ventilation and aircon are automatically switched off. After about 5 minutes, when your cabin starts feeling like an oven, you learn to close the balcony door.

The OP says he is switching to NCL. They were the first line to install the magnetic switches on their balconies.

I suspect we will hear from him very soon, complaining about how NCL is the worst, as they make it difficult for him to enjoy his open balcony door.

Our room did that too, but I forgot about it until I read this. We used the balcony a lot and could not imagine going without one as it was WONDERFUL!!!!!. We didn't leave the door open due to the suction noise. It only did it when really windy out. I mostly worried about it bothering our neighbors so was careful not to leave the door open.

Ruby Princess took us to the Caribbean and I loved it! I have been dreaming of going again and trying to hold on to the experiance--must be why I'm on this site!!

We enjoyed our trip and have no complaints. I was dissapointed to find the current pool broke down, but I am a construction worker and understand mechanical difficulties, problems getting parts, ect. Princess was very well organized, gave us a great upgraded room, and exceded our expectations. We feel that we got huge bangs for our bucks!

:p:p:p:p:p

[quote name='MoneyGuy']Not much sympathy so far, I see. If Princess had at least apologized, I'd be fine. They didn't even do that. I was disappointed that three attempts to let them know of the problem passed without any result. That's what annoyed me. I'm in the service business. I think they should show that they care about this.[/quote]

I can't believe you are expecting us to fawn over you for this lame complaint. I wonder if you also complained that the sunrise was on the other side of the ship and you wanted the captain to fix that.

Had you considered switching rooms with the kids. They probably wouldn't have noticed the buzzing.

If this takes Princess from best to worse in your eyes, then you haven't been on other cruise lines.

Maybe we are better off having you go with someone else.

[quote name='atbull']Why are there so many obtuse people on CC? The OP complaint was a customer service issue. It is rather convenient for so many here to speak only of the balcony situation. Most people who post seem like tools for the cruise corporations. The OP came seeking some empathy or advice from fellow cruisers not an environmental critique. Do me a favor. When you feel the need to be pedantic about someone's grammar or not offer any constructive advice. DON'T POST!![/quote]Actually, the OP's complaint was that he looked for repair of a problem that didn't exist as it resulted from his own negligent actions. Whether it's from Customer Service or the posters on CC, he's not going to get sympathy. Now he's stamping his feet and throwing a tantrum. I agree that Customer Service or whoever he complained to should have reminded him of the notice in his cabin and on the door and in that respect, they were wrong. But he was even more wrong in the first place. I fail to understand what kind of sympathy he expected to get. Just because he wanted to do something that had the expected negative result doesn't mean people should bend over backwards to make him happy.

IMHO, there's absolutely nothing for Princess (or any cruiseline, including NCL) to apologize for. Gee, you ignored the requests and warnings and now you're not happy? Give me a break!

BruceMuzz, thank you for the very clear explanation.

Archived