Advice on 2 day Bermuda Plan

velovicme

Hi all,

I am going on a 5 day cruise to Bermuda in August and will be docked at King Wharfs from Monday at 10am to Tuesday at 5pm. Below is my plan for those 2 days. Any suggestions please send them my way. Also, I was wondering how long it takes from one place to another and prices on certain things that I could not find looking through other posts. Lastly, if I am missing anything that should not be missed or if something I planned isn't worth it please let me know. Also, let me know if my day is too packed.

Monday, August 17th

-Dock at 10 am

-Get 2 day bus/ferry pass $20 pp

-Take bus to Horseshoe Bay (1/2 hour) stay 11-1

- Take bus from HSB to Crystal/Fantasy Caves ($20 pp for both caves) HOW LONG OF A RIDE?

-Walk to Swizzle Inn for a late lunch and a swizzle of course

-Bus to Hamilton HOW LONG OF A RIDE?

-Ferry back to dockyard

-go to dockyard festival

Tueday, August 18th

-take bus or ferry to St George Tobacco Bay and snorkel

HOW LONG OF A TRIP?

-maybe go to Horseshoe Bay again

-head back to dockyard and walk around and look at shops

Thanks in advance!

Hi there -

To answer your questions in order;

The Caves now costs $26 for both caves for adults and $10 for kids.

It'll take you twenty minutes to get from HSB to Hamilton (on the same bus you came there on). From there you catch any bus going to St. George's and ask the Driver to put you off at the caves (say Good Morning!). The trip from Hamilton to the Caves takes about half an hour (same coming back from the Swizzle Inn).

On Tuesday, take the Ferry from Dockyard to St.George's - much quicker - about an hour, and a nice scenic trip.

Sorry, just re-checked the Ferry Schedule. The trip from Dockyard (King's Wharf) to St. George's is forty minutes.

I just posted a new thread before I saw this one. Where did you find the ferry schedule? The PDF file on their webiste is damaged and I can't find any information.

Thanks,

CG

Yeah, the goverment site is on the blink at the moment.

Go to the Yellow Pages site at http://www.bermudayp.com

On the right is a box with "Island Guide". That'll take you to a page where you can jump to all the public transport info you need.

When I checked yesterday, the YP site had last year's ferry schedule, and the government site was working OK, and had the 2009 ferry schedule. The government site has always been a bit slow.

Check the latest posts in the stickey thread for the current links.

Theron

Hi all,

I am going on a 5 day cruise to Bermuda in August and will be docked at King Wharfs from Monday at 10am to Tuesday at 5pm. Below is my plan for those 2 days. Any suggestions please send them my way. Also, I was wondering how long it takes from one place to another and prices on certain things that I could not find looking through other posts. Lastly, if I am missing anything that should not be missed or if something I planned isn't worth it please let me know. Also, let me know if my day is too packed.

Monday, August 17th

-Dock at 10 am

- Take bus from HSB to Crystal/Fantasy Caves ($20 pp for both caves) HOW LONG OF A RIDE?

-Bus to Hamilton HOW LONG OF A RIDE?

-Ferry back to dockyard

-go to dockyard festival

Tueday, August 18th

-take bus or ferry to St George Tobacco Bay and snorkel

HOW LONG OF A TRIP?

-maybe go to Horseshoe Bay again

-head back to dockyard and walk around and look at shops

Thanks in advance!

What is the dockyard festival and what time?

Thanks for the responses. Anyone have any input on my 1st day as far as too much in one day? Dock, Horseshoe Bay, Caves, Swizzle Inn, Hamilton. Or how I can fit it all in by taking quickest transportation?

Thanks for the link. As far as doing too much the first day I'm just wondering how long it takes to do the caves. Will that give you enough time to Swizzle and go to Hamilton? It's been a couple of years but I want to say the bus from HSB to Swizzle Inn is about 20 minutes?? Since you are going to be doing the Dockyard Festival on Monday evening I would go to Hamilton on Tuesday. Take the ferry to St Georges (40 min) and return on the ferry as I think the bus takes close to 2 hours. Drop your "stuff" off at the ship and then take the ferry to Hamilton (15-20 min).

Here's what I would do:

Monday, August 17th

-Dock at 10 am

- Take bus from HSB to Crystal/Fantasy Caves

- Bus to Dockyard (? 30-40 min)

-Dockyard Festival

-

Tueday, August 18th

-take ferry to St George Tobacco Bay and snorkel

- ferry back to ship

- ferry to Hamilton

- bus/ferry to Dockyard

I think you should do this:

Day 1:

get the bus/ferry passes

go on ferry to St. George's and sightsee the town and then take bus to the Caves. Then late lunch in Swizzle Inn. Then bus to Hamilton and sightsee Hamilton - and do some shopping. Then bus back to Dockyard. If you want to stop at Horseshoe Beach this is a good time - nice in late afternoon in August. Then take bus back to ship - you won't have to rush back to ship. You'll enjoy anytime dinner and the Dockyard Festival.

Day2:

go to Horseshoe in the morning and have lunch at Tio Pepe's at top of Horseshoe. Then visit Gibbs Hill lighthouse. Then head back to Dockyard and explore the area before returning to the ship for the 5pm departure.

Thanks for all the input! Just want to make sure I have this correct.

It is 30 minutes from dockyard to Horseshoe Bay on the bus then 20 minutes to Fantasy Caves on the bus then I can Walk to Swizzle Inn take the bus to Hamilton in 30 minutes. Lastly take the ferry back to the dockyard from Hamilton in 40 minutes.

Also, from St George to/from dockyard by ferry it is 40 minutes.

How long does it take to view Fantasy Caves? I am thinking of just going to one and hear that ones better.

Thanks so much, I appreciate all the help and advice.

Thanks for all the input! Just want to make sure I have this correct.

It is 30 minutes from dockyard to Horseshoe Bay on the bus then 20 minutes to Fantasy Caves on the bus then I can Walk to Swizzle Inn take the bus to Hamilton in 30 minutes. Lastly take the ferry back to the dockyard from Hamilton in 40 minutes.

Also, from St George to/from dockyard by ferry it is 40 minutes.

How long does it take to view Fantasy Caves? I am thinking of just going to one and hear that ones better.

Thanks so much, I appreciate all the help and advice.

Ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyard is 15-20 minutes.

Ok I see mix answers.. I'm looking to do the same thing... How long does it take to from HSB to the Caves? Do I have to go back to the Dockyard and then to the Caves? Also how far is Swizzles in from the Caves?

Any input would help! I'm traveling with 9 others that I bet depend on me painfully!

Thanks!

To get from HSB to the caves would be a 2 step process. Take a #7 bus inbound to Hamilton. Then take an outbound #10 or #11 bus which will be going to St George’s. Greet the bus driver and let him know that you want to go to the caves. From the caves you can walk to the Swizzle Inn. Assuming you are docked at KW, take an inbound #10 or #11 bus to Hamilton, and take the ferry from there to KW. Or take an #10 or #11 bus outbound to St George’s where you could take the ferry from there to KW. Assuming, of course, that the ferry is running when you finish your visit to the Swizzle Inn :D.

For times, I would guesstimate 30m to Hamilton then 30m to the caves excluding wait time.

Unless you have a special reason to go back to the Dockyards, that trip is not necessary.

SBtS

Archived