Victoria

panda24

We get to Victoria at 7pm and pretty much leave at midnight. Does anyone have suggestions of what to do? Is it just best to explore the city on foot? Is anything actually open then other than the options through the cruise?

I live in Washington State on the Olympic Peninsula (directly across the water from Victoria BC)

I have been to Victoria a few times and there is not much to do on a Sunday evening in May- first of June unless you want to visit the local bars.

All the shops are closed by 5-6 p.m. as well as the Famous Butchart Gardens, the Royal British Museum, the Wax Museum and The Butterfly Gardens. Some of these do start to extend their hours into the middle of June though.

We will be taking the Alaska cruise end of May out of Seattle and are too wondering what to do when the ship arrives at 5 pm on a Sunday evening! The Victoria Harbor is quite beautiful so it could be perfect time to walk and capture some fabulous photos.

They have a great continuously running shuttle bus from the dock into town. We took that and just wandered around shopping and site seeing, then caught the bus back. On Saturday nights there is a street fair at the dock with several booths of handmade goods for sale. Was quite entertaining. Arrived back at the ship for a late dinner.

All the shops are closed by 5-6 p.m. as well as the Famous Butchart Gardens, the Royal British Museum, the Wax Museum and The Butterfly Gardens.

Butchart is open late the nights the cruise ships are in town, even if its before the date they officially extend their hours. Its at the bottom of the webpage listing the hours.

I've been to Butchart, at night to boot, and I don't really want to see it again. I'm looking forward to a ghost tour. Starts at 7:30 at the visitor center. I don't have the link handy.

Archived