ice cream question on the CB

shadowlover

My son is wondering about the ice cream on board the CB. Can anyone tell me the cost of a card for the week, the ultimate card and if it is worth it to purchase. I am having trouble finding out exactly what these cards cover. Is it just soft ice cream or is it the ice cream at scoops with the toppings etc.

I did not know that an ice cream card was available. Recently off the CB and the only cards I saw pushed were the coffee card or soda card. I took advantage of the free ice cream available each afternoon from 3:30 to 4:30 pm in the Horizon Court. Plus you can get ice cream for dessert and dinner time. This is all you may need.

My son is wondering about the ice cream on board the CB. Can anyone tell me the cost of a card for the week, the ultimate card and if it is worth it to purchase. I am having trouble finding out exactly what these cards cover. Is it just soft ice cream or is it the ice cream at scoops with the toppings etc.

From what I have read posted here on CC. The Ultimate card was around $9.00 per day per person for kids. It covered smoothies, unlimited fountain soda, virgin drinks and unlimited ice cream (although I don't know if that included sundaes or not sorry).

My son just confirmed that the ultimate kids card includes soda, soft serve ice cream with toppings, mocktails and hot chocolate. The hot chocolate has to be purchased at one of the bars. I was charged a separate charge when it was orded through room service. I don't know the exact price because I purchased 2 ulitate kid cards and one soda card for myself. The total was $180.00 for the 3 cards for a 7 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess.

The receipt I received when I purchased the "Ultimate Kids package" for my daughter 2 weeks ago on the Ruby says:

This program entitles the cardholder to unlimited:

- fountain soda and tumbler

-1 whirley straw

- unlimited fruit juices (excluding fresh orange juice in calyspo bar)

- unlimited mocktails

- unlimited soft serve ice cream with choice of chocolate or carmel sauce.

This program excludes canned beverages, bottled water and any other bar products.

The cost was $63 + 15% gratiuity

My daughter was able to get hot chocolate in the dining room.

They didn't offer the ultimate card on the CB last week. We were told that there were too many kids on board to offer it that particular week. I had a very disappointed teen.

Otherwise, the virgin mocktails were too expensive and the cruise was great!

Can an adult purchase/use an ultimate card? The fruit drink smoothies sound appealing.

Thanks for the post! I was wondering that also. I can't have "real" drinks yet (sob) so this would be great for me!

:)I was just going to post the same question.

Just got off the CB on April 12th, ice cream was free, all day, at scoops w/toppings. Also served free ice cream sundays from 3:30 - 4:30 in the buffet dining room, I don't remember which one. Enjoy!!

Just got off the CB on April 12th, ice cream was free, all day, at scoops w/toppings. Also served free ice cream sundays from 3:30 - 4:30 in the buffet dining room, I don't remember which one. Enjoy!!

Really??

We must have hit an odd week last week on CB. I never saw anything other than free soft serve ice cream w/1 topping being served at Scoops. Maybe because of Spring Break?

A VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL PICTURES OF YOUR CRUISE !!

they were amazing & makes me want to be on there so bad (2+ wks more).

It was so generours of you to take the time to do that while on vacation for us all here.

Debbie

Can an adult purchase/use an ultimate card? The fruit drink smoothies sound appealing.

Hi they sound delicious to me too. hopefully will get an ans about them. and have to know about the ice cream. don't care if toppings are inc. but have to have the daily ice cream fix.. :eek:

Just another confirmation that soft serve ice cream with toppings or on a cone was free all last week on the CB. The soft serve twist was suprisingly good too!

Hard serve ice cream was available in the dining room at breakfast and lunch and also in the buffet from 3:30-4:30 everyday. There were toppings and whip cream on the buffet also. Only chocolate and vanilla in hard pack on the buffet, more choices in the dining room. I actually liked the soft serve twist better but that's just me.

Cheryl

Yup,

Don't know how Hot Chocolate got on an ice cream thread but... here we go anyway!!!

HC onboard is generally powder kind and you add hot water in Horizon Court Buffet or a teapot (metal) of hot water is brought in the Dining Rooms. No charge.

Ciao for now!!!

• 9 months later...
Thanks for all the answers. Can anyone get hot chocolate in the dining rooms or do you have to pay for it?

Our kids had it for breakfast every morning in MDR, no charge for a pot of Hot chocolate. Sapphire had free cones between 11-7 (or roughly those times). Save your money, you don't need the ultimate card. We bought mocktails for the kids and they're only $3.25 or $3.50 apiece, so unless you think your kids will be drinking that many; it's just not worth it, IMO.

Archived