Letter to Diamond Members (Merged Threads)

Oops, there's that word WHINERS again!!!:mad: Can't you guys leave these people alone? Your post actually made me chuckle........the only thing you were concerned about was waiting in line for ice show tickets - give me a break!!!! How lame is that!!!! Getting ice show tickets is no problem......never had to wait in a line.........you can get them anywhere. It amazes me how some people just need others to do things for them.

To be honest, I have no idea why people are so concerned about a continental breakfast - there's food all over the ship...........Windjammer, Promenade Cafe...........the dinning room.....you can get your continental breakfast or full breakfast wherever you want. I actually think it's silly for RCCL to set up a separate continental breakfast for Diamonds. It's not in the CL so why would you want it...........pick up your bun or danish in the WJ and find a quiet place to eat if that's what you want.

This whole thread is getting silly. I am Diamond and I think that most of the Diamonds haven't been real honest and I think the biggest thing that most are concerned about are the free drinks and the appetizers. I am Diamond and although people think RCCL has now come thru for us, I have to tend to believe some of the posts that said this is what they had in mind to begin with. Take it away and then throw a little back and everyone thinks your wonderful.

What really gets me is that no one was this upset over losing the combinability of the earned balcony discount. I'm still fuming over that decision. I can understaned not being able to combine coupons with balcony discounts and many OBC's, etc., but we should be able to use the Balcony Discount with at least one other OBC whether it be a next cruise or shareholder OBC. The balcony discount is an earned discount based on our status in C&A and should be in addition to what everyone else (new cruisers) can get.

Okay, I'm done venting and I feel much better and I'm sure someone here will shortly call me a WHINER.

At long last someone agrees with me. I don't care about a couple of drinks but I sure do about the combinability of earned perks.We get a balcony and we bought the stock. No one is even mentioning this loss. I appears that free drinks are more important to most posters.Not to me.

Whilst no one in the UK has even received the original mail, let alone the updated mail, I assume there are lots of Brits out there who are still unaware of the changes, and the changes to the changes.....

I have only read about them on CC.

I applaud RCI for taking note of the feedback and giving us Diamonds a 'sort of' CL back.

I only drink champagne so I am quite happy with the selection, and bearing in mind most CLs are in windowless locations I hope we get a nice room with views to enjoy our complimentary drinkies in.

So Thank You RCI from me ........but will we still get the canapes.....?!

I have to agree that I am pleased with the "give-backs" since I was only really concerned about getting ice show tix without waiting in line. I still can't believe what an uproar has come from people losing a few free drinks. If you can't afford the drinks then don't drink or stay at home and buy your drinks there. Maybe all the whiners will still cancel & things will be much more pleasant on board.

Sorry, but I've been reading these posts for weeks & I'm so sick of it.

Call me a cheerleader, but we love Royal Caribbean!

I don't know. This kind of sounds like you are saying that since you had your concern addressed everyone else that still has a concern is a whiner. Of course, I could be misinterpreting you. I don't recall anyone saying to you that if you didn't want to wait in line to get tickets for the ice show then maybe you shouldn't go to the show.

Good post. I am with you. I really don't understand why people have to drink. There are so many other plesantries on the ships. I enjoy a glass of wine in the CL before dinner, but its not mandatory.

Jan

I guess it is a good thing that what makes a cruise enjoyable for any individual is really not dependent upon you understanding it. Everyone who chooses to cruise does so for his/her own reasons.

OK, let me ask..What is the motivation for those who attack the people who feel they were misled and they call them names: I can only see a few reasons: A. They want attention, B. They are the old school yard bullies, C. The are spokespersons for the line, D. They are very unhappy people who only get joy out of taking their anger out on someone.

These are people who enjoy attacking some people who, on limited funds went to great lengths to qualify as Diamond and then let down. They have a right to voice their objections and feeling of loss. If you are happy with the results of the latest gives, or you didn't care about Diamond in the first place why attack the ones who do? What is your reason, what is your motive.

I feel even more insulted. Let the rich suite people have vodka while I get wine or pay 3/4 of the amount for a drink. Even though this is their first cruise and I am on #15. Or the next one I take would be 16 or shall I say the next one I don't take.

As silly as this sounds, because the world is like this ( those that can pay get the most) your comment is so true! It is difficult to watch a one timer who may never cruise again, get more perks then those of us that have cruised over 15 times. That is the way of the world...unfortunately. The concierge on my last cruise I felt was nicer to the suite guests over the Diamond members.

At long last someone agrees with me. I don't care about a couple of drinks but I sure do about the combinability of earned perks.We get a balcony and we bought the stock. No one is even mentioning this loss. I appears that free drinks are more important to most posters.Not to me.

I am with you on that one! I think that the stock holder benefit should be unrelated, and combinable, with any other discount available.

Oops, there's that word WHINERS again!!!:mad: Can't you guys leave these people alone? Your post actually made me chuckle........the only thing you were concerned about was waiting in line for ice show tickets - give me a break!!!! How lame is that!!!! Getting ice show tickets is no problem......never had to wait in a line.........you can get them anywhere. It amazes me how some people just need others to do things for them.

To be honest, I have no idea why people are so concerned about a continental breakfast - there's food all over the ship...........Windjammer, Promenade Cafe...........the dinning room.....you can get your continental breakfast or full breakfast wherever you want. I actually think it's silly for RCCL to set up a separate continental breakfast for Diamonds. It's not in the CL so why would you want it...........pick up your bun or danish in the WJ and find a quiet place to eat if that's what you want.

This whole thread is getting silly. I am Diamond and I think that most of the Diamonds haven't been real honest and I think the biggest thing that most are concerned about are the free drinks and the appetizers. I am Diamond and although people think RCCL has now come thru for us, I have to tend to believe some of the posts that said this is what they had in mind to begin with. Take it away and then throw a little back and everyone thinks your wonderful.

What really gets me is that no one was this upset over losing the combinability of the earned balcony discount. I'm still fuming over that decision. I can understaned not being able to combine coupons with balcony discounts and many OBC's, etc., but we should be able to use the Balcony Discount with at least one other OBC whether it be a next cruise or shareholder OBC. The balcony discount is an earned discount based on our status in C&A and should be in addition to what everyone else (new cruisers) can get.

Okay, I'm done venting and I feel much better and I'm sure someone here will shortly call me a WHINER.

And where will I find the expresso/cappuccino machine that is in the CL? I don't think they will have one in the separate lounge. I will also miss the tender tickets.

It doesn't matter what the charge is when it comes to the drinks. They are L offering 25% off what everyone else is paying. That is the point.

I see it as they are charging 75% for what they were giving for 0.

And not even free beer??:eek:

I see it as they are charging 75% for what they were giving for 0.

And not even free beer??:eek:

I do understand your point. I guess that I just see 25% off as better than nothing off. In that case they would have been charging 100% more for what they were giving for zero.

Lets face it, many of us realize that this is about money and not just about crowding. RCI loves to jump on the crowding bandwagon as a reason to institute, or raise, charges. It was the same reason they gave for instituting a charge for Johnny Rocket's. It was to reduce crowding and provide more customer satisfaction. I guess the recent increase in charge was because it was still too crowded in there.

Maybe if they increase the charge of their cruises sufficiently then it will reduce the crowding aboard ship and also lead to increase customer satisfaction. :) <----That was a joke. No one really needs to feel the need to jump on me for that comment!

I wrote an e-mail to Fain, Goldstein & C&A, thanked them for giving Diamonds something but still complained about the not being able to combine benefits. Said we were still taking the 2 cruises booked where we booked before 12/31/08 since it was allowed then. This is what I got back this morning from Goldstein's e-mail. Guess he read the e-mail since I put Thank You in the subject. I think we should continue the letters & e mails that we want the combining of credits back:

The squeaky wheel get the attention

Thank you Nancy. I appreciate your patience with us and am very glad that you will take your two future cruises on Royal Caribbean. Although we made the decisions that we felt we're necessary concerning combining cruise discounts and eliminating the free photo, I am sorry that these decisions have reduced the value of our cruises to you. I hope you will find many other elements to your satisfaction. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

I am with you on that one! I think that the stock holder benefit should be unrelated, and combinable, with any other discount available.

And I am with you as well on this. I think we should be given something for stock ownership. I would even be willing to take a slightly reduced OBC since I realize that times tough. Can we hope for another concession by RCL??? I guess one can always hope!

I wrote an e-mail to Fain, Goldstein & C&A, thanked them for giving Diamonds something but still complained about the not being able to combine benefits. Said we were still taking the 2 cruises booked where we booked before 12/31/08 since it was allowed then. This is what I got back this morning from Goldstein's e-mail. Guess he read the e-mail since I put Thank You in the subject. I think we should continue the letters & e mails that we want the combining of credits back:

The squeaky wheel get the attention

Thank you Nancy. I appreciate your patience with us and am very glad that you will take your two future cruises on Royal Caribbean. Although we made the decisions that we felt we're necessary concerning combining cruise discounts and eliminating the free photo, I am sorry that these decisions have reduced the value of our cruises to you. I hope you will find many other elements to your satisfaction. Thanks again.

Good job Nancy, I agree with you.

The one thing I really wonder about is why they took away the free photo when all the photos end up in the garbage anyway.

The free photo was one of the best perks for me. I don't drink but I sure miss the chocolate on the pillow!

Just booked on the Jewel yesterday as I like the itinerary. Guess I will take my own chocolate!

That's not what I understand from the letter. I think they are just going to do this on the ships that currently have a CL, such as the Voyager and Radiance Class ships.

I could be wrong but that's how I interpreted it.

Not the case - Melanie (post #119) emailed this question direct to Adam, and what follows it a copy of that response. This is a major gain for some of us that cruise the small ships!

"Thank you Melanie. The VIP party-type area in a lounge will be available on Voyager-class, Radiance-class, Vision-class, Monarch and Majesty. Suite and Diamond Plus guests will be welcome there too although we would expect them to go to the Concierge Lounge on those ships that have them.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

My opinion, this is more than a compromise. They have really listened to their loyal members and made every effort to please.

Melanie

RCI continues to build bigger ships that are really not needed at this time and because of that they find themselves in the position they are in today. Without any consideration for it's loyal customers that come back for sailings year after year it has decided to treat us like strangers and thinks that it's ok. We did not ask them to make it bigger nor better. We were happy the way it was. Because they made the mistakes, they expect us to pay for it. :eek:

I hope that we, loyal Diamond members banned together and show them that we can be just as ungrateful as they are by taking our next cruises with the many other cruise lines that are out there. Afterall, RCI was never the cheapest cruise line to go on, and if we start looking around, most of us loyal Diamond members will finally realize that and so will Mr. Goldstein (President and CEO of RCI). :rolleyes:

The disgrace of all this is the overcrowding factor that is being pushed on us when the truth of the matter is the bottom line...25% off is an insult, and the belly wash of wine and champaign that will be served they can truly keep! I know I say "thank you but NO THANK YOU" to Royal Caribbean! :cool:

The disgrace of all this is the overcrowding factor that is being pushed on us when the truth of the matter is the bottom line...25% off is an insult, and the belly wash of wine and champaign that will be served they can truly keep! I know I say "thank you but NO THANK YOU" to Royal Caribbean! :cool:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who understands what's going on and doesn't want to take it lying down.:cool:

Let me get this straight I can now go on any ships other then the freedom class or Oasis & pay 75% for a drink. What about the 15% gratutity that is automatically charged?. If we have to pay 75% then it should be on all ships! As others & myself have said it was money that was always the botton line never the over crowding, & filling up the bigger ships. I can't wait to see how the private continental breakfast will work out. We still are missing the main point which is the conciege which to me is more important then a glass of wine! As a shareholder I would rather be able to combine OBC with one other offer then getting a free glass of wine!

See letting people know what you want and doing so in a respectful manner pays off. I think that this is a wonderful example of "meeting in the middle."

I don't see this as much as "meeting in the middle" as it is delaying the original plan. Did anyone notice the "happy hour" is from 5pm to 8pm. Isn't that when most people are at dinner? The 25% discount on drinks other than wine and champagne? What about the beer and cocktail drinkers. Kind of catering to a certain crowd if you ask me. What happened to equality of all members? Still looking into other cruiselines besides RCL. As a shareholder I see my perks evaporating slowly.

I don't see this as much as "meeting in the middle" as it is delaying the original plan. Did anyone notice the "happy hour" is from 5pm to 8pm. Isn't that when most people are at dinner? The 25% discount on drinks other than wine and champagne? What about the beer and cocktail drinkers. Kind of catering to a certain crowd if you ask me. What happened to equality of all members? Still looking into other cruiselines besides RCL. As a shareholder I see my perks evaporating slowly.

I am in total agreement with you!

I don't see how Diamonds are so loyal when it's so easy to obtain. The perk of the CL was to much for that tier in the loyalty program. People with 25 cruises minimum are really the loyal customers and it pays to keep them happy without the over crowding.

I am happy with the benefit changes regarding free drinks... doesn't matter if its wine and champagne or cocktails Ill still take it! I am normally a west coast cruiser (because i don't have to fly so its cheaper) and up until this year we have never had a ship with a CL. now every ship out here will have a CL type experience for me! I think a lot of people are MISSING the part where the happy hour will be rolled out on ships without a CL! this makes those smaller boats doing shorter cruises even MORE appealing to me now.

As a shareholder I am NOT against the removal of the combined credits and I will explain why...

Other cruise lines don't offer as many combined credits.... they just make the initial cost cheaper. This in turn makes RCI cruises look more expensive to new cruisers and as a company you want to expand your client base not keep it the same. profits cant increase if your clients don't increase.

So you watch as the initial price to cruise with RCI drops to be more competitive for everyone rather than just those of us who know (or are fortunate enough to be able) to buy shares, book onboard, and live in whatever state or are over 65....

just my 2 cents for now but we will see what other directions they take all this stuff before september 1st...

We are very happy with the reaction RCI had to the changes and quite satisfied with the new Diamond Benefits which are alot more than we were offered a month ago.

We enjoy the perks/benefits of the Crown and Anchor Society and we wavering when the changes were originally announced; this major adjustment by RCI puts us back in relaxed mode.

Thank you Mr. Goldstein!

Kathy:)

Archived