Looking for Cruise for Teens this summer

CruisinInNC

We are looking at taking our teenagers on a cruise this summer instead of a boring old beach trip. ;)

Any suggestions for cheap (cheap,cheap,cheap!) cruises between late June and August? We are in NC, so we'll have a long drive to any departure port or will have to fly - which I hear is dirt cheap right now.

Anyone? Thanks in advance!

If you want your teens to have fun, then it has to be NCL or Costa in the Mediterranean. Sun, Sea and Fun......dancing till the early hours( yes for teens ) These cruises are full of Mediterranean people who love to have fun!!! Norwegian Gem was a blast.

I also suggest that you check some Mediterranean cruises. Due to today's economy, there are lots of flights to Europe and cruises on sale right now. Though a Mediterranean cruise won't really be "cheap, cheap, cheap," it offers a great travel and learning experience for teens.

Thanks to both of you! We are really looking for more of a Caribbean experience. They have never been on a cruise, and the islands and snorkeling and other shore excursions would be really fun for them. Any ideas of reasonable rates for say 4-5 day Caribbean cruises that are teen-friendly?

You can check Carnival or Royal Caribbean. Remember, you're looking at the height of hurricane season if you choose July or August and that could put a crimp in your plans. There are some Carnival cruises now that are being advertised for under $50 a day per person. That's cheap, cheap, cheap. Royal Caribbean has a cruise on Enchantment that starts at $429 for a 5 day cruise.

I've only ever cruised carnival so far, so of course that is my suggestion. They have a great teen program on Carnival and rates are decent, you'll save if you book as many in a cabin as possible and book early saver rates. Note that summer rates are a bit higher since thats peak season. BTW don't be worried about hurricanes. Cruise ships go around them. here in Louisiana the height of hurricane season is Aug-Sept. Don't stress it, we don't!

There aren't many ships in the Caribbean in the summer compared to the rest of the year. They are repositioned to Alaska and Europe for the summer because it's been more profitable in the past to do so. If you really want the Caribbean, you are limited to RCCL and Carnival. Then when you limit it to 4-5 nights, that will cut your search again. Then you can go from there.

But all the new, huge ships with all the bells and whistles will be in other parts of the world for the summer.

We are looking at taking our teenagers on a cruise this summer instead of a boring old beach trip. ;)

Any suggestions for cheap (cheap,cheap,cheap!) cruises between late June and August? We are in NC, so we'll have a long drive to any departure port or will have to fly - which I hear is dirt cheap right now.

Anyone? Thanks in advance!

We are driving to Jacksonville. Carnivals Fascination has good prices and cash back.

RCI has ships that depart from Baltimore and New York that do 9 day trips to the Caribbean. The ship out of NYC is larger and has more "things" to do. But the Grandeur out of Baltimore is slightly cheaper, and has plenty to do.

Carnival does 4 and 5 day cruises out of Jacksonvile,FL. (to the Bahamas I think.)

Compare those options with the prices available out of Port Canaveral, and South Florida.

Aloha,

John

When I was on the Imagination last summer I stopped by the Circle C and the Club Oxygen. The kids there all told me they were having a blast! (I was checking them out for a friend who was going later that summer. She said her kids had a terrific time!)

We are doing the same thing - skipping the beach vacation and taking our teenagers on their first cruise. Our kids are 18 and 16, how old are your? We are doing a 7 day on the Pride out of Baltimore on June 26th. I wouldn't say it is cheap, cheap, but we are saving the cost of flying! Come on along!:)

Archived