Quest vs. RCCL

alidor

There seem to be many people who have sailed RCCL on the Azamara cruises. We really don't like RCCL and don't want to go on anything resembling them. We know Azamara is owned by them, but are under the impression it's a totally different product.

Can anyone somewhat clarify this - we would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

There seem to be many people who have sailed RCCL on the Azamara cruises. We really don't like RCCL and don't want to go on anything resembling them. We know Azamara is owned by them, but are under the impression it's a totally different product.

Can anyone somewhat clarify this - we would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hi Alidor !

Yes, Azamara is owned by RCCL, but it is a very different product. While RCCL offers a very good product, it is a very hectic Cruise experience, and they cater to families. Azamara is a much smaller, and cozier ship, which features great service and excellent cuisine. They also have very limited smoking areas. Overall, it is a far more relaxing Cruise experience. We had a wonderful time on Quest. While I do not have another Azamara Cruise booked at this point, I hope to sail on them again in early 2010.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

i find the main difference between azamara & rccl is azamara is a smaller ship with better service,however entertainment in my opinion is lacking as is the food. many people will disagree with me but my standards are quite high. if you really want a different cruise experience & can afford it look at seabourne,they truly are a premium cruise.

if you really want a different cruise experience & can afford it look at seabourne,they truly are a premium cruise.

Or look at Crystal :D. Azamara is Royal Caribbean International’s premiere product. As such, it is superior to RCCL (I've been there twice). The food was excellent in all venues, way better than RCCL. Entertainment is limited on Azamara, just as it is on Seabourn. It consists of cabaret-style shows. Small ships do not have room for much else. Still, I enjoyed all the shows onboard the Journey, as well as the enrichment lectures.

I did look at Seabourn and, although they have a similar itinerary to what the Quest has for Asia, I don't like the fact that they don't have true balconies, only sliding glass doors. Azamara does sound nice but it's just the connection to RCCL that's throwing me a bit as I really don't to spend 2 weeks in something like that.

I really appreciate everyone's input here.

Alidor, keep in mind that Azamara's connection to Royal Caribbean International is similar to that of Seaborn, Cunard, Princess, HAL, etc. to big daddy Carnival Corporation & PLC. Just like QM2 differs from a Carnival cruise ship, Azamara differs from RCCL. Just my $0.02.

I did look at Seabourn and, although they have a similar itinerary to what the Quest has for Asia, I don't like the fact that they don't have true balconies, only sliding glass doors. Azamara does sound nice but it's just the connection to RCCL that's throwing me a bit as I really don't to spend 2 weeks in something like that.

I really appreciate everyone's input here.

Azamaras connection to RCCL is like apples to oranges..they are both fruit!

Jancruz1

Archived