St. Petersburg on our own

SaylorGirl

Just so you know guys... Hermitage takes about 11 years/8 hours a day/30 secs for each art.. so if you have only one day, I wouldn't spend money on Treasury room. You will have tons of arts to explore. Hermitage is a treasure by itself!

Did you feel the gold room or the "treasure room" was worth the extra ticket? When you pre-purchase your tickets I thought I read that it included the camera fee, is that correct?

What is going on here? I did not write this post!!

Nisa - What a great report!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and you did it all by yourselves. What a great trip you must have had. It sounds exactly like what we plan on doing including the advance tickets to the Hermitage and the hydro-foil to Peterof. I'm so glad everything worked out so well for you. I will look for Alexander when we get off the ship. I think we will go to Peterof the first day and go to the Hermitage the second and after that we will just walk, walk, walk. I will try and talk my DH into the Folk Show I think that would be great.

I did not write this post either.

Nisa that would make for a cold and yuckky day standing out in the rain! Did you pay your taxi driver in Rubles or US? When you got to the Hermitage did you have to wait in line or were you able to just pick up your tickets and go in? Did you try and take the subway? Sorry for so many questions I'm sure I will have more!

This is not mine either. While we went independently on our own I did not write this post.

Archived