OBC for Stock Ownership

mrpayroll

Purchased carnival stock recently when price was LOW. I faxed the confirmation in and am now wondering where i look to see if OBC has been credited for upcoming cruise on DREAM. Any help would be appreciated.

Disney Wonder 2000

Island Princess 2007

Royal Caribbean Navigator of Seas 2009

Carnival Dream Jan. 2010

Just saw your cruise is in January. You may not see it added until about a month prior to your cruise and they may ask again for proof of ownership.

It's not usually processed until final payment is made. Once you do that, check back with them to see if your request needs to be resubmitted.

They don't send any confirmation but they will confirm if you call.

Got at $17.85 and right now at $27.29. Bought 200 shares. (wife didn't like it)

She's happy today..Thanks everyone for your input. Wish they would reinstate dividend.

I'd sell 100 shares and book another cruise now with the profit.

I have 100 in my name and we debated getting another 100 in my husband's name for when we book 2 cabins. Sure wish we had.

I'd sell 100 shares and book another cruise now with the profit.

I have 100 in my name and we debated getting another 100 in my husband's name for when we book 2 cabins. Sure wish we had.

We thought about buying another 200 shares but decided to wait and now we are kicking ourselves. Best $1806 we ever spent, other than a cruise that is!!!!!!

Seven day cruise booked for November and a 4 day booked for September, neither paid in full (but almost); both bookings show my stock OBC.

I changed dining time on the 4 day cruise, and they sent me a confirming doc which showed the OBC. I called my PVP and had him send the same doc for the 7 dayer and it also showed the OBC.

Look for an area called "Itemized Charges"

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I am going to sound stupid here but what benefits do you get by owning carnival stock and how much do you have to own to get the benefits?

If you own 100 shares you get $100.00 OBC for 7-13 day cruises.

$50.00 for cruises 6 days or less.

You get $250.00 for the long ones-14 or more days.

It is fairly easy to open an online trading account where it cost around $10. to buy or sell stock. I opened a retirement account through my bank and I can make my purchases online or over the phone. The company my bank uses costs 14.95 per trade [higher than some other companies, but convienent for me]. So basically I paid around $19 per share for 100 shares plus 14.95 fee for a total of $1914.95. After I purchased it I looked online on the Carnival website for where to submit my proof of ownership [a statement from my brokerage company] and faxed the required info. Then after the final payment for my cruise was made and my information was available online, the $100. credit showed up as OBC. So right now, I have used the $100 and have a profit of approx $8 dollars per share. Obviously he price can go back down, but I'm happy with my first time investment n the stock market. Wish I had bought some RCCL stock also, it has almost tripled from it's lowest price.

Hope this helps:)

Does anyone know if you can do this?

No you cant!!!

I did get the email today by calling in to send proof of stock ownership.

guest_solutions@carnival .com

attach a pdf file of your brokerage statement is what I do.

How long do you need to own the stock in order to get the OBC? Our cruise is in August and if we bought stock now, could this go towards our cruise?? Also, if you buy 200 shares, do you get a $200 OBC??

$100 per cabin on 7 day, $50 for a short cruise.

I have 700 shares, I still get $100 .... I hope. Im sure they are overwhelmed today. Im a bit late trying to get it for a sunday cruise.

You can buy it and send proof of ownership the same day. Wennfred booked the day a cruise left and managed to get his stock credit, but he booked on a weekday as I remember it, not a weekend. No amount of time required to own the stock.

If you buy stock now and keep it, it will go towards your August cruise and any future cruises.

It does not matter if you buy 100 shares or 1,000 shares, you still get $100.00 OBC on a 7 night cruise.

Archived