All Inclusive Day Pass?

chloelocks

Hi, I have cruised a couple of times before but have not yet been to Cozumel. I am trying to put together a last minute cruise on the Valor with the Cozumel/Roatan/Belize itinerary for my husband and myself.

We would like to do an all-inclusive day pass somewhere where we can relax and have really good service, where the food would be good and the where they are not stingy with the drinks. I also need shade. I know that I probably won't get the crystal clear water like we found on Half Moon Cay a couple of years ago, but is there one place that offers a really great beach and beautiful scenery?

I can suggest with confidence Nachi cochum, clean, relaxing, excellent service, good drinks!! swim up pool and jaquizza bar! Awesome cheap massages on the beach under a white cabana........beautiful! Very nice way to spend the day with privacy and relaxation!

We've done Mr Sanchos as well, but that is much busier and family orientated and have lots more activities like atv/horseback riding/jet skis/trampoline.

All depends what kind of atmosphere you are looking for , they are only down the beach from each other but a world of difference. Good luck and enjoy! LOTS of threads on both places!:D

• 3 weeks later...

You should look into El Cozumeleno All-Inclusive resort. They are about a 10-15 taxi trip from the cruise terminal and have an excellent day pass program. $53.00 includes all meals (great local and American cuisine), all drinks (try their Miami Vice and ask them for a double shot!), use of all pools (there is even a swim up bar), beach, hammocks, snorkeling and kayaks also included. You can contact them directly by goint El Cozumeleno dot com and checking for availability. We always use this hotel as it is very relaxed our groups really like the laid back and great service offered here.

Things to know:

Be sure to have your confirmation up arriving to the hotel.

Taxi fare is I believe $19.00 each way and taxis are also parked at the hotel for your return trip. I suggest leaving the hotel at least 1 1/2 hours prior to your departure time in case of heavy traffic (sometimes there are up to 5 ships in Cozumel at one time) and also to allow for a little shopping time at the pier.

You will be asked for a credit card for towel charges. To avoid this, bring your own towels.

Wrist bands will be issued for day pass guests

Beach is beautiful but a little rocky getting into the water because of limestone. Still very nice and because of this, tons of fish upon entering the water.

Hours for a day pass are from 9a.m. - 5a.m.

Breakfast is good and lunch is even better!

If you tip your drink waiter a little something up front, more than likely you will get even better service than the norm.

You should look into El Cozumeleno All-Inclusive resort. They are about a 10-15 taxi trip from the cruise terminal and have an excellent day pass program. $53.00 includes all meals (great local and American cuisine), all drinks (try their Miami Vice and ask them for a double shot!), use of all pools (there is even a swim up bar), beach, hammocks, snorkeling and kayaks also included. You can contact them directly by goint El Cozumeleno dot com and checking for availability. We always use this hotel as it is very relaxed our groups really like the laid back and great service offered here.

Things to know:

Be sure to have your confirmation up arriving to the hotel.

Taxi fare is I believe $19.00 each way and taxis are also parked at the hotel for your return trip. I suggest leaving the hotel at least 1 1/2 hours prior to your departure time in case of heavy traffic (sometimes there are up to 5 ships in Cozumel at one time) and also to allow for a little shopping time at the pier.

You will be asked for a credit card for towel charges. To avoid this, bring your own towels.

Wrist bands will be issued for day pass guests

Beach is beautiful but a little rocky getting into the water because of limestone. Still very nice and because of this, tons of fish upon entering the water.

Hours for a day pass are from 9a.m. - 5a.m.

Breakfast is good and lunch is even better!

If you tip your drink waiter a little something up front, more than likely you will get even better service than the norm.

Thanks for all of your information. This place sounds like what we are looking for! I can't tell for sure from any photos I have seen but it looks like there is a wide ledge with shallow water at least around part of the pool. Do you know if you are permitted to put the lounge chairs in the water on this ledge? I know this probably sounds like a strange question but I was at a resort in Cancun a couple of years ago that had one of these and it was the most relaxing and comfortable way I have found to lay out. We stayed at a hotel in San Juan that had one of these ledges but they did not permit any lounge chairs on it (never really understood why!). My husband thinks I am obsessed with this and I probably am but I can't help it!! Thanks for your help!

• 7 months later...

Texlatin1 or anyone that may know. Many years ago before the really bad hurricane we stayed in a place next to El Cozumeleno for a week. The were little casitas on the sand. They blew away in the hurricane.

At that time the snorkeling was outstanding, acturally better than any walk-in snorkeling on the island. The resturant threw bread in the water and the fish were all around you. It was the best snorkeling we have ever done.

Has anyone snorkeled around El Cozumeleno and what is your opinion of the amount of fish seen?

El Cozumeleno looks great, but has anyone ever tried the Occidental or Allegro? We are a group of 10, including 4 teenage boys. these look better for us that Nachi Cocum because of the activities included. Is the food and drink good? Is it all you can eat, or just lunch. Also, do any of these have jet ski rentals? Thanks for all the info!!

We just returned from a 4 day on Celebrity Century and spent a day at Nachi, having picked it after reading through this forum. The good: quiet and relaxing, as advertised here. The food was indeed delicious. We had fresh grilled grouper and DH had fajitas. The fresh salsa was very spicey hot and delicious.

On the down side--unheated hot tub may be the norm, but on this day it was very unpleasant to get into the unheated water after coming from the ocean seeking a little warm up. The drinks, while plentiful if that's what you want, were missing the vital ingredient, alcohol. We quickly switched to the local cerveza. All in all I DO feel ripped off by Nachi. It's a lot to pay for the use of loungechair on the beach and a meal.... We will not be going back, even though we will return to Coz.

One final note, there are swarms of something in the water that causes a mild stinging sensation, a little unnerving.

If this was your experience,then something has changed since January! 2 of Jose's concoctions put me in nirvana! And I am not a lightweight. It would just be our luck, as soon as a place establishes its rep, they change things! We'll be there in less than 65 days, it had better be the same or I'm bummed!:cool:

We just returned from a 4 day on Celebrity Century and spent a day at Nachi, having picked it after reading through this forum. The good: quiet and relaxing, as advertised here. The food was indeed delicious. We had fresh grilled grouper and DH had fajitas. The fresh salsa was very spicey hot and delicious.

On the down side--unheated hot tub may be the norm, but on this day it was very unpleasant to get into the unheated water after coming from the ocean seeking a little warm up. The drinks, while plentiful if that's what you want, were missing the vital ingredient, alcohol. We quickly switched to the local cerveza. All in all I DO feel ripped off by Nachi. It's a lot to pay for the use of loungechair on the beach and a meal.... We will not be going back, even though we will return to Coz.

One final note, there are swarms of something in the water that causes a mild stinging sensation, a little unnerving.

Heading there in a couple days - just wanted to ask this - did you tip your waiter early in the day - my understanding is that helps immensely in drink quality. Amazed that the hot tub is unheated - I am a Floridian & that will be rough if no place to warm up :(

Archived