July or August?

Hi People,

I know either of these months are not ideal but which month would be better for the following itinerary

Barcelona

Cannes

Florence

Rome

Naples

Venice

Dubrovnik

Corfu

I know in August we would be in Rome on Sunday when the Vatican Museums are closed, but that is not necessarily a deal breaker.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi People,

I know either of these months are not ideal but which month would be better for the following itinerary

Barcelona

Cannes

Florence

Rome

Naples

Venice

Dubrovnik

Corfu

I know in August we would be in Rome on Sunday when the Vatican Museums are closed, but that is not necessarily a deal breaker.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

We went in August, it was hot. We were told many Europeans vacation this month and we did find a large number of European on the Cruise. In Rome, Naples, Venice, Florence there were crowds but not so bad that it ruined the experience. Traffic did appear much lighter then what I was expecting and thus many of our long road trips had no traffic problems to speak of. perhaps because everyone was on vacation. Barcelona seemed much more crowded and what I'd imagine NYC to be like during rush hour times.

Personally couldn't think of stopping in Rome and not seing the Vatican/Sistine, yes its crowded and makes for a busy day but it really is not to be missed.

Good luck with your planning.

Archived