Restaurant near the LB Hyatt

teaach

DH and I are taking the Splendor next Sunday, 4/26. We will be in Long Beach one night precruise. We want to know if there is any really good seafood restaurants around the LB Hyatt, preferably on the water. Also are there any must see sights in Long beach? The next morning we would be looking for a nearby place for a light breakfast before the cruise. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is a list of the restaurants across the street at Shoreline Village:

http://www.shorelinevillage.com/restaurants.html

Our friend BruinSteve here, is a big fan of Parker's Lighthouse for seafood overlooking the water.

This is a local place that is good for breakfast:

http://www.thelongbeachcafe.com/

See if those suggestions are helpful!:D

PS Enjoy the Team Splendor Cruise!

I did this little walking tour of places to eat for the folks on my upcoming Splendor cruise. (doh! just realized we're on the same cruise. LOL. Basically at the Hyatt, you'll have plenty of options. Rainbow Harbor, Pine Ave Pier and Shoreline village are all a very short walk. (aka just cross the street).

My absolute favorite is Georges Greek Cafe on Pine Ave. But just about all the places are pretty good.

The LB Hyatt is in a great location! Walking distance to lots of restaurants and pubs.. The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co is across the street close to the Aquarium. Kind of a fun, casual place. www.bubbagump.com Parker's lighthouse is nice too. www.parkerslighthouse.com

Last time we were in LB, we just ate breakfast in the concierge lounge at the Hyatt. They had a small room overlooking the Queen Mary in the harbor. It was nothing too fancy, just coffee, bagels, fruit etc.. Just enough food to get us started for the day. There is also a restaurant & starbucks in the lobby of the Hyatt. Across the street, at Pike on Pine there is a Borders bookstore if you want to pick up some reading material for your cruise. It's near the Auld Dubliner Irish Pub & Restaurant. www.aulddubliner.com

Oh, when you arrive at the Hyatt, look for the valet parking booth to the left of the entrance. At the booth you should be able to find a free copy of the "Long Beach Official Guide". Its about the size of a tv guide book. Anyway this has lots of coupons, maps and listings of what to do while in LB. Hope this info helps! Have a fantastic vacation:)

DH and I are taking the Splendor next Sunday, 4/26. We will be in Long Beach one night precruise. We want to know if there is any really good seafood restaurants around the LB Hyatt, preferably on the water. Also are there any must see sights in Long beach? The next morning we would be looking for a nearby place for a light breakfast before the cruise. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bubba Gump's to me is too much a touristy chain...but, it's actually not bad for what it is...

Parker's is more original...and the location is just outstanding--it's right on the water...actually on a point in Shoreline Village, jutting right out into the middle of that area of the harbor...with views in every direction including looking across at the Queen Mary. Some people like it, some don't...I won't tell you it's the best seafood you gan have, but I think it is better than most...and the building and location are absolutely first class...

http://k53.pbase.com/u7/xl1ken/large/1225700.ParkersLHlo.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/104/309434707_f1f8de31e4.jpg?v=0

Another good seafood place--one of a local chain--is King's at 100 W. Broadway:

http://www.kingsfishhouse.com/

...but's it's not on the water...

The last time we stayed at the Long Beach Hyatt we walked over to shoreline village at ate at the Parkers' Lighthouse which is a seafood restaurant. It was quite nice. It was on the list that was provided by Curt Jerome Wild and he noted that BruinSteve also enjoys it. That actually make me feel great because my wife and I enjoyed it and have recommended it to friends. As Curt noted it is off the water. We sat at a table with a nice window view. I would easily recommend this restaurant.

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt as well.

Keith

Archived