Passports

surfgirl67

We applied for our at the local main post office on 4/1/09, and as of today we still have not recieved them. Have checked on line and continue to keep getting "no application found". Everytime I call I keep getting this recording and a lot of steps to go through. I also have not recieved any emails either. I used the number on the State Department website, so I guess I will continue to check the mailbox everyday and see what happens. Lisa

Depending on which processing office your application was sent to, 4-5 weeks is still an average time frame, although many do report less than that or more than that. The online status page, while 'working', seems to frequently show the status only in the last couple of days before the passport is mailed. YMMV

We just recieved ours today, it took 4 weeks almost to the day. Our application went to Arizona processing center. Thanks to everyone for keeping me grounded while I was waiting. :D:D:D Lisa

P.S. we live in Northwest Indiana and I thought all applications go to D.C. for processing. Guess I learn something new every day.

Archived