annoyed with Splendor reviews

tantan_9

What did I learn??? I learned that I like the smaller ships a bit better like the Elation. Ohhh well!

Elation is too small, get on a a Spirit class ship, its the perfect size, oh and let me guess about the couple that was pissed off, I'm guessing they were ex-RCI customers :D

Fred

Its kinda like when I went to the grocery store the Saturday before Easter. I didn't complain that it was crowded, and there were sold out of the good Easter candy.:rolleyes:

I know I couldn't find any jelly beans the night before Easter! I should have complained... Hmmm- should I have waited until the night before...

Kids on Spring Break cruises - just about as much of a shock as kids on Christmas cruises, thanksgiving break cruises, and during the summer!

The best complaint I ever heard was on the first night of our Destiny cruise. Dinner in the DR was open seating, and we were seated with three older couples. They were great, except one lady, who made her distaste over a salad very well known.

"Iceberg lettuce?! I wouldn't serve iceberg lettuce to my worst enemy!"

DH and I say that every once in a while. We get a good chuckle out of it. :D

The best complaint I ever heard was on the first night of our Destiny cruise. Dinner in the DR was open seating, and we were seated with three older couples. They were great, except one lady, who made her distaste over a salad very well known.

"Iceberg lettuce?! I wouldn't serve iceberg lettuce to my worst enemy!"

DH and I say that every once in a while. We get a good chuckle out of it. :D

But see, that's a perfect example of it all being a matter of opinion. I love iceberg. I prefer iceberg. I like the way it stands up to dressing and retains a crunch... On the other hand, I consider the fancy "mixed greens" to be a bunch of weeds. Radicchio is one of the foulest tastes I can imagine, and frisee is a certifiable choking hazard!

As someone who recently wrote a review of the Splendor, and watched what happened as the result of said review, I think that all

overly-sensitive people should stop reading and writing reviews, period. :eek:

If a person is so easily influenced by reviews written by strangers, they probably shouldn't read them. I know that one person read my review and then said they were nervous about sailing on the Splendor due to my review (which was mostly positive by the way!).

Maybe it's just me, but I would never be nervous about something just because some unknown person on an internet forum commented on it...I tend to need to experience things for myself before I pass judgment.

I know that for me, I wrote a review mostly because people wanted to see pictures of this fairly new ship, so I wrote a short review, then provided a link to the pictures. The fact that so many seem to read reviews as gospel written in stone is quite funny to me.:)

People, go on your cruises, and decide for yourself, please.;)

The review I am speaking of is in the actual review section of cruise critic. It is not in the boards. I believe her heading was something about too many kids and no room for adults at the pool.

I just read several of the Splendor reviews, including this one. All I can say is that anyone who sails in March, April, June thru August, or December, and is somehow surprised by the number of kids on board, is an idiot!!!:eek:

The funniest thing I read was in a review called "The cruise from Hell" (or something like that), the OP said there were "gangs of young toughs roaming the halls and bullying the passengers".:D Young Toughs...who says that?????

It doesn't take a genius to recognize that the person who wrote the Splendor review about the gluttoness kids et al would only be happy on a different type of line and at a different time of year. They obviously didn't even look at the calendar when booking and seem to be so focused on themselves that they wouldn't know a good kid from a bad kid.

And how can you beat a good wedge salad with bacon and blue cheese, I ask you? Can't make 'em with "baby field greens" that's for sure :D

Oh my God - for a good wedge salad, blue cheese dressing (I die for) and bacon - you just brought back some awesome memories - except, I also add black olives to mine when available. Thanks

Archived