Wrong Luggage Tags Mailed

shellgoodman

I received my welcome packet with the wrong luggage tags as I upgraded from inside to AF.

Called NCL and they said that I can print the one luggage tag on edocs (correct cabin is listed) or put the wrong ones on and the NCL personel will change at the dock. The luggage tag on the edoc would be printed on white paper which doesn't stand out and how would I fix this to the bags?

Should I just put the wrong ones on and switch at the dock? Not sure what to do on this.

I received my welcome packet with the wrong luggage tags as I upgraded from inside to AF.

Called NCL and they said that I can print the one luggage tag on edocs (correct cabin is listed) or put the wrong ones on and the NCL personel will change at the dock. The luggage tag on the edoc would be printed on white paper which doesn't stand out and how would I fix this to the bags?

Should I just put the wrong ones on and switch at the dock? Not sure what to do on this.

Personally, I would print out and use the edoc tags. Affix them to your bags using clear packing tape. We have done this and it worked out fine, despite the color. It seems less risky than counting on the crew making the switch at the dock. My bet is you would get your luggage, but it would take longer and perhaps be hassle for you to track them down. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!

Probably best to print out and use the e-doc tags, but having said that we took an up sell last year and our original mailed tags didn’t match, so I used a marker to mark out the old info and write in the new cabin info. I made sure that the new info matched what was on the e-doc paper tags for the new cabin and ship position, in our case FWD. I don’t know what NCL would say about doing that, but we received our luggage. I think that I was just determined to use the nice tags from the welcome kit. :)

we took an up sell last year and our original mailed tags didn’t match, so I used a marker to mark out the old info and write in the new cabin info.

That's worked for me in the past also

"If you have too many problems on a cruise, it's probably just karma getting even with you"

Troublemaker. :p

So I've been told recently, but I just considered the source and don't worry about it.

I had the correct printed tags and I also printed out the ones online, and laminated them between two layers or clear packing tape, then stapled them looped around the handles, of the two the paper that I laminated were FAR AND AWAY stronger than the ones they sent.

I would print the right ones and use tape then staple or loop them around a handle and wrap the ends with more tape.

I would not put the WRONG ones on and then switch later...you might forget. Lots of people show up at the pier with NO TAGS and they just put some on for them.

I think this is the easiest...I never print tags anymore...just put them on at the pier.

Probably best to print out and use the e-doc tags, but having said that we took an up sell last year and our original mailed tags didn’t match, so I used a marker to mark out the old info and write in the new cabin info. I made sure that the new info matched what was on the e-doc paper tags for the new cabin and ship position, in our case FWD. I don’t know what NCL would say about doing that, but we received our luggage. I think that I was just determined to use the nice tags from the welcome kit. :)

That's probably what I would do too!

Archived