Questions regarding various aspects of Mercury cruise

MsSailaway

I will be sailing Oct 5, 2009 on the Mercury (PNW). Yes, I know it is a short cruise, but any cruise is better than work anyday! I have cruised this cruise before, but missed some of the finer points.

1. Is there a wine list to view prior to boarding? The wine gifts offered on X website is very very small. Ok I admit it, I don't know a lot about wine but I know a bit. And I like a good glass of wine with dinner, however the ones on the site don't jump out.

2. Is the corkage fee really $25 a bottle?

3. Is there a spa menu to view prior to boarding? The offerings on the web site are way over the top and I hope that there are more offerings.

4. Will there still be a formal night? There was the last time, but I have read on these boards that things are going a bit informal.

5. And finally, will there be more PNW cruises in the future (ok someone break out the crystal ball!)?

Thanks for any and all answers. :)

I will be sailing Oct 5, 2009 on the Mercury (PNW). Yes, I know it is a short cruise, but any cruise is better than work anyday! I have cruised this cruise before, but missed some of the finer points.

1. Is there a wine list to view prior to boarding? The wine gifts offered on X website is very very small. Ok I admit it, I don't know a lot about wine but I know a bit. And I like a good glass of wine with dinner, however the ones on the site don't jump out.

3. Is there a spa menu to view prior to boarding? The offerings on the web site are way over the top and I hope that there are more offerings.

4. Will there still be a formal night? There was the last time, but I have read on these boards that things are going a bit informal.

5. And finally, will there be more PNW cruises in the future (ok someone break out the crystal ball!)?

Hi:)...yes, if you bring your own wine to the dining room

and need it corked, it is 25.00

Yes, 5 night cruises have a formal night..usually it is the

2nd evening.

I just sailed on a 4 nighter and they have a formal night too.

As for the dress code......a 5 nighter will have 1 formal and 4

"Smart Casual". I chose to dress up on formal night and found

others did as well.

Did other people dress casually? Yes.

Can't help you with a wine list but personally, I have always

been able to find quite a few choices to my liking and I also enjoy

drinking that grape with dinner;)

Enjoy your cruise. I am trying to get back on Mercury

this summer:)

Lois, as always, is exactly right. And if you head back to the thread you started (actually the consolidation of two threads at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=19313449#post19313449) you will find that four of us have joined you on the 10/5 cruise, so you won't be alone.

And as to wines at dinner, we love ours and have always found the X cellars to be pretty good. If you like reds I can make some specific recommendations but I haven't seen an actual wine list posted online before. We had an amazing Chappellet Cabernet on the our Solstice cruise that we have also had on Infinity that is to die for.

See you back on our board.

Jim

Hi....Did you know there's a Mercury cruise a week later than yours? October 12, 2009....I think it's longer than yours. Jini

Hi:)...yes, if you bring your own wine to the dining room

and need it corked, it is 25.00

Lois,

Your comment makes it sound as though there is no corkage charge if you bring a bottle of wine to the MDR and uncork it yourself. I don't believe that to be correct. No matter who opens the bottle, there is a corkage charge of $25.

Dave

Lois,

Your comment makes it sound as though there is no corkage charge if you bring a bottle of wine to the MDR and uncork it yourself. I don't believe that to be correct. No matter who opens the bottle, there is a corkage charge of $25.

Dave

Hi Dave:) Maybe my post didn't come out correctly but

I was saying it as opposed to buying a bottle on board;)

You buy one of their bottle's for dinner they don't charge

you to open it.

Sorry for the confusion:eek:

Archived