Uk cruisers fuel supplement refund obc

Broch

Has anyone had their fuel supplement refunded on their seapass yet. My question is - "What was the rate of exchange and was it converted at the rate at booking or the current day rate"? Thanks

I am interested in any replies. We are sailing in 10 days but as it was booked with a US agent we had our price reduced. Our booking for November with a UK agent is supposed to have onboard credit. We were told £60.00 for a 12 day cruise but I have no idea at what rate they will convert that. Conversion is not a strong point at RCCL from the customer's point of view.

Hi Ally

We had ours refunded to our sea pass account within a couple of days of boarding Brilliance in February this year. The rate of exchange was probably less than what it was when we paid it but a bit better than the rate ruling at the date it was applied. Doesn't really matter. If they had given you Pounds back when it was announced that the surcharge would be refunded, and you stashed it away to pay your onboard bar bill, you would have to convert it to Dollars when it came to paying the bill and that would be subject to conversion at the rate of exchange ruling at time of settlement.

I am interested in any replies. We are sailing in 10 days but as it was booked with a US agent we had our price reduced. Our booking for November with a UK agent is supposed to have onboard credit. We were told £60.00 for a 12 day cruise but I have no idea at what rate they will convert that. Conversion is not a strong point at RCCL from the customer's point of view.

I did phone RCCL and was told it would be converted at the rate at the time of booking, but I was also told by another rep at RCCL that it would be at the time of sailing which obviously would make a fair difference. So it will be interesting to know exactly when it happens to the cruisers. I too have £60 per person for a 12 day cruise, but they will not tell me what that will be in dollars. As everyone on the cruise will have booked at different times I am a little bit sceptical that they will get every ones conversion correct.

Hi Ally

We had ours refunded to our sea pass account within a couple of days of boarding Brilliance in February this year. The rate of exchange was probably less than what it was when we paid it but a bit better than the rate ruling at the date it was applied. Doesn't really matter. If they had given you Pounds back when it was announced that the surcharge would be refunded, and you stashed it away to pay your onboard bar bill, you would have to convert it to Dollars when it came to paying the bill and that would be subject to conversion at the rate of exchange ruling at time of settlement.

You do have a valid point there. I am just hoping for the better rate of exchange. Psychologically I would rather have had it off my invoice and that would have been the end of it. I actually asked RCCL to use it for my gratuities but they said they could not do that.

We have just returned from a 12 night cruise and were refuned $44 per person. Not sure what exchange rate they used though as the amount is not shown individually on our original invoice.

It depends on when you booked your cruise as the fuel supplement was increased. I could be wrong but initially the fuel supp was £2.50 per day which would have made your supp £30 per person which should have been shown on your invoice. If this is the case then the rate used would have been 1.46 which would have been the rate at the time of sailing. What really annoys me is the lack of consistent information given by the RCCL reps. You can never rely on them all to give you the same info.

Ally, we are sailing on June 6th. I emailed asking them to remove the fuel surcharge and received no response. We phoned to pay our final balance a couple of weeks ago and they had removed the fuel surcharge:confused: Might be worth an email?

Sue

I did phone RCCL and was told it would be converted at the rate at the time of booking, but I was also told by another rep at RCCL that it would be at the time of sailing which obviously would make a fair difference. So it will be interesting to know exactly when it happens to the cruisers. I too have £60 per person for a 12 day cruise, but they will not tell me what that will be in dollars. As everyone on the cruise will have booked at different times I am a little bit sceptical that they will get every ones conversion correct.

It is converted at the rate at the day of sailing - for exactly the reasons you quoted. They cannot check when everyone booked and then look at the price for that day. It just wouldn't be feasible.

You do have a valid point there. I am just hoping for the better rate of exchange. Psychologically I would rather have had it off my invoice and that would have been the end of it. I actually asked RCCL to use it for my gratuities but they said they could not do that.

This is what really gets me annoyed.....why did they tell you that you couldn't have it removed from your balance when other people have asked the same thing (me included!)and had it done easily??

I also rang and got them to remove the fuel surcharge, I just told them that I wasn't very happy about paying it.

I was assured that the OBC would be applied with the exchange rate from the time of booking - which was about $1.95 to the £ when I booked - however I really couldn't believe they would give me that exchange rate compared to the rate today and I didn't want to start off my holidays with a bee in my bonnet!

Gill

Has anyone had their fuel supplement refunded on their seapass yet. My question is - "What was the rate of exchange and was it converted at the rate at booking or the current day rate"? Thanks

Hi

I posted a question earlier today about the same thing. I had this poster from Nairn gave this info.

Further to our communication dated the 5th December 2008 regarding the

suspension of the fuel supplement for all Royal Caribbean International

sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009; please be advised of the

following important information:

Please note that ALL guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart

on or after January 1, 2009, will now have the supplement automatically

refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their

sailing. Please be aware that this applies to both paid and unpaid

bookings, the original holiday price therefore remains unchanged.

Please note that this decision has been made to facilitate a smoother

reimbursement process for both our guests and trade partners.

The on board credit will be given at the same ROE as was paid for at the

time and means that we are able to reimburse the guests directly, rather

than go via the trade partner and adjust all the costs on the booking and

cause unecessary administration and invoicing.

This was an e-mail reply they recieved from RCI website.

Hope this helps

Scotfi

Apologies to those who find this question annoying :rolleyes: but please remind me about the criteria for this refund. I know that it applies to sailings after 1 January but what booking date does it apply to? i.e. we booked our recent cruise on Explorer around 18 months ago and I know this was PRE the fuel surcharges. However I think our forthcoming trip in July may have been booked POST fuel surcharges and I would like to know whether to expect the refund.

Incidentally friends of ours who sailed with us recently and booked post fule surcharges had them automatically added to their Seapass account when boarding, even though they didn't realise they were entitled to them :)

Apologies to those who find this question annoying :rolleyes: but please remind me about the criteria for this refund. I know that it applies to sailings after 1 January but what booking date does it apply to? i.e. we booked our recent cruise on Explorer around 18 months ago and I know this was PRE the fuel surcharges. However I think our forthcoming trip in July may have been booked POST fuel surcharges and I would like to know whether to expect the refund.

Incidentally friends of ours who sailed with us recently and booked post fule surcharges had them automatically added to their Seapass account when boarding, even though they didn't realise they were entitled to them :)

Look on your Invoice under charges and you will find down the left hand side FUEL-FUEL SUPP. if it is there you will be entitled to a refund

Look on your Invoice under charges and you will find down the left hand side FUEL-FUEL SUPP. if it is there you will be entitled to a refund

Thanks for that - I'll check now :)

Thanks ScotFi for copying over what I posted earlier ...I was running out the door to work when Broch posted this thread and didnt have time to post the info :)

Hi

Will have to watch that I always forget to to check the signature.

I just recieved this information today regarding OBC for fuel supplement and rate of exchange. I have e-mailed back with the info you had posted awaiting reply. Will post outcome later.

This is to confirm that the fuel supplement will be returned in the form of

On Board Credit in US$

The exchange rate will be calculated as of date of travel and the sum will

appear on your account within 3 days of sailing.

Many thanks for your email.

Regards

Info UK Email Team

Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity & Azamara Cruises

Scotfi

Hi

Will have to watch that I always forget to to check the signature.

I just recieved this information today regarding OBC for fuel supplement and rate of exchange. I have e-mailed back with the info you had posted awaiting reply. Will post outcome later.

On Board Credit in US$

The exchange rate will be calculated as of date of travel and the sum will

Many thanks for your email.

Regards

Info UK Email Team

Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity & Azamara Cruises

Scotfi

Thanks for posting your reply from RCCl. This I am sure will be the case.

Hi

This e-mail had been sent while at work today. A little different from the information yesterday.

On Board Credit in US$

The exchange rate will be calculated as of the date that the fuel surcharge

was applied and the sum will

Apologies but we were given incorrect information yesterday.

Scotfi

Hi

I posted a question earlier today about the same thing. I had this poster from Nairn gave this info.

Further to our communication dated the 5th December 2008 regarding the

suspension of the fuel supplement for all Royal Caribbean International

sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009; please be advised of the

following important information:

Please note that ALL guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart

on or after January 1, 2009, will now have the supplement automatically

refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their

sailing. Please be aware that this applies to both paid and unpaid

bookings, the original holiday price therefore remains unchanged.

Please note that this decision has been made to facilitate a smoother

reimbursement process for both our guests and trade partners.

The on board credit will be given at the same ROE as was paid for at the

time and means that we are able to reimburse the guests directly, rather

than go via the trade partner and adjust all the costs on the booking and

cause unecessary administration and invoicing.

This was an e-mail reply they recieved from RCI website.

Hope this helps

Scotfi

ScotFi ..I just noticed you put "this was an email from reply they recieved from RCI website" ...I didnt say that.

I got the info from a manager actually in a personal email....sorry just wanted to make that clear.

Hi

This e-mail had been sent while at work today. A little different from the information yesterday.

On Board Credit in US$

The exchange rate will be calculated as of the date that the fuel surcharge

was applied and the sum will

Apologies but we were given incorrect information yesterday.

Scotfi

Thanks Scotfi but you have no need to apologise, as you never get the same advice twice. I phoned to day and was told that the fuel supp will be refunded as OBC but at the rate at time of sailing. I said now are you sure? Do you want to check as I and others have been told it would be as at the date it was applied at time of booking but she said she did not need to check as she has had many people phone up to check and she has told everyone the same. I said well you need to tell your colleague's to get their story right as everyone down there seems to give different advice.

Archived