Live Q and A on April 29th

RCI President and CEO Adam Goldstein will be conducting a live question and answer session via the internet on April 29th at 3:30pm (EDT). A link on RCI's website will get you there.

This should be interesting. I am looking forward to hear what he says about recent changes to the C & A program.

This should be interesting. I am looking forward to hear what he says about recent changes to the C & A program.

Hi,

I doubt very much that he will say anything different from what he already did say in the letter ( april 13) that was sent to C&A members.

Wes

I'm logged in - but the conversations are going veeeeeeeerrrrrrryyy slow. It's kind of annoying because I wonder how long he'll actually stay on line to answer questions..... The newest thing he shared was that there's supposed to be some kind of roller coaster (???) at Labadee. There wasn't much detail on this.

Edit: to say it's called "Dragon Tail" coaster ride. You go up slow and ride down fast.

This is his reply to Diamond changes:

Adam: The main reason to sail exclusively with Royal Caribbean is the experience that our people deliver. The

Crown and Anchor Society is a very competitive loyalty program as compared to other cruise lines. We

recognize that many Diamond members are unhappy about our decision to restrict eligibility for the concierge

lounge to suite and Diamond Plus guests. Unfortunately, this was the only means by which we could address

the problem of overcrowding in the lounges. Our overall offering and the revisions we made are intended to

recognize the outstanding loyalty that Diamond-level guests demonstrate to us.

My husband and I both asked if they would return a ship to Galveston year round. They acknowledged receiving it, but we didn't get an answer:(

I think they may have answered it. (I submitted a question about afternoon tea.)

Here's what he said about Galveston in case you haven't seen it:

Don asks: With the increased short cruise and homeport cruise deployments we are seeing with other lines,

could you not reconsider and bring Voyager (or something) back to Galveston year-round? Summer is when it

got the best yields and we miss that in this market. I'm fully aware that Europe has been a good seller, but isn't it

about saturated at this point and we could build some homeport alternatives in addition?

Adam: We try very hard to balance our strategic growth in Europe with the interests of our primary market in

the US. The contention as you point out is in the Northern summer. The European cruise markets are growing

very fast and they demonstrate an even more acute summer peak period than the one we have here. At this

point, we cannot justify keeping Voyager of the Seas in Galveston year-round but we are very cognizant of

the market's desire to see that.

Yea, it seems he's picking the questions. I asked my question *three times*, the first time before the q&a started, and again during the 1st hour, and just did it again now. Some of the questions are so basic they can be looked up. Additionally, some people's questions are being submitted and they're answering that person's question more than once. And some aren't even questions....

Yea, it seems he's picking the questions. I asked my question *three times*, the first time before the q&a started, and again during the 1st hour, and just did it again now. Some of the questions are so basic they can be looked up. Additionally, some people's questions are being submitted and they're answering that person's question more than once. And some aren't even questions....

Well they answer the ones they feel like, and the rest of the questions serve as a mini-marketing survey. They can discuss them later over scallop risotto in the conference room.

My question was answered, see below...

However if you notice the onus of the question I asked was completely ignored. I was wondering how quick they would have things up and running with the Freedom moving to Port Canaveral.

If you consider most of the questions asked you will see they mostly answered as an opportunity to further positive marketing.

In their defense and being a good business person that is the way I do it!

ForkliftSteve: Why is the Freedom of the Seas moving to Port Canaveral, and how long do you think it will take for the turn-around crew to acclimate and be most efficient?

Adam: The Oasis of the Seas arrival created a domino effect. Oasis to South Florida, Freedom to Port Canaveral, Mariner to Los Angeles, and Vision of the Seas to international service. Port Canaveral is a very important homeport for us and the success of Mariner of the Seas indicated we were ready to grow the market to Freedom-class. So this summer we have Freedom of the Seas in Port Canaveral and Liberty of the Seas in Miami. That is the most balanced offering we could make prior to Oasis' arrival.

I got one of my questions answered. Not the answer I was hoping for. Oh well.

Seems like RCCL did identify problems communicating to the UK. Maybe some good will come from that.

I was at work and missed the Q&A, darn it..please can you remember what was said about the UK?

I was at work and missed the Q&A, darn it..please can you remember what was said about the UK?

Hi Liz!

It's been a long time since we talked (I had originally wanted to sail on Oasis inaugural but had a change in plans)!

If I recall, there were about 2 questions, but I remember this one: it was along the lines of why the UK site doesn't update their webpages like the USA; essentially so that we all get the same information at the same time. Adam seemed to really take to the question so they will be working on this. They said something about it taking approximately two weeks to translate from American English to British English.

Maybe someone else will come along and share some more. The transcript should be up tomorrow according to the website: http://www.nationofwhynot.com/presidentsqanda.php

-saundra

Basically he acknowledged the lack of (and lagging) response to the needs of people in the UK from the online access standpoint.

You probably know too well they don't receive updates timely, can't access the features on the RCI website etc..

They are supposed to be posting a transcript of the chat online and there aren't a huge number of questions and it would only take a few minutes to read it through.

Basically he acknowledged the lack of (and lagging) response to the needs of people in the UK from the online access standpoint.

You probably know too well they don't receive updates timely, can't access the features on the RCI website etc..

They are supposed to be posting a transcript of the chat online and there aren't a huge number of questions and it would only take a few minutes to read it through.

Thank you so much, this is what I was hoping to hear :D

Also thanks for letting me know about the transcript ..will look out for that :D

Archived