Bestpricecruises

Has anyone used Bestpricecruises and been able to get the lower fare when the price of your cabin has dropped after you booked?

Spring Break on Explorer...Come join us!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;3;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Disney Wonder 2/03

Navigator 4/04

I have booked two cruises through bestpricecruises.com and had not problems. I do not know about them honoring price reductions as both were last minute bookings.

12/95 Big Red Boat

5/97 Carnival Inspiration

9/97 Carnival Imagination

11/01 Grandeur of the Seas

2/02 Celebrity Century

10/02 Majesty of the Seas

1/03 Nordic Empress

5/03 Enchantment of the Seas

11/03 Celebrity Century

I booked with best price for a January 2005 cruise. When I made the reservation, I asked about price drops and was told that if the price dropped, our cost would be adjusted.

ShawninFL...thanks for responding. Good to hear that you've never had any issues w/ bestpricecruises. So far, we've been happy.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;3;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Disney Wonder 2/03

Navigator 4/04

I've used bestpricecruises many times and they certainly do reduce the price if it is before final payment. I've never had a cruise go down in price after final payment but I've been told by bestpricecruises that once final payment has been made, they can often negotiate something with the cruise line, like shipboard credits or cabin upgrade instead of the price reduction.

I've booked with bestpricecruises and they do reduce the price if it is prior to final payment. I've never had the price come down after final payment but bestpricecruises did tell me that they can often negotiate with the cruise line for ship board credits or cabin upgrade instead.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like you've all been happy w/ Bestprice. This is my first booking w/ them. I am going to assume that I need to be proactive and watch the prices myself and let bestprice know if the price indeed does go down. Final payment isn't til the day after xmas, so I have some time. It's gone down almost $100 in 3 weeks!!

Disney Wonder 2/03

Navigator 4/04

I used bestpricecruises for my upcoming trip. I had originally booked a jr suite for the 3 of us. The price was reduced over $400 about 2 months before sailing. I called best price and they told me since we were within 70 days, they could not cancel and rebook at the cheaper price. They upgraded me to grand suite and refunded about $70.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Voyager to Canada

We have used them for about a dozen cruises over the past 4 or 5 years. They are a decent agency and have pretty good customer service. However, do not expect them to watch for price changes. My TA at that agency (I am not allowed to post her name here) has no problem checking prices, but I do have to ask (I normally just send her an e-mail).

Hank

How does booking last minute work? Are all documents online or do they mail physical documents? Also, when is the latest a cruise can be booked (assuming cabins are available)?

Thank you.

Rie

Rie...this is our first time booking w/ Bestpricecruises, so I'm not able to answer the last minute questions. However, the email we got said that we'd be getting our documents about 2 weeks before our cruise date. I assumed that meant that they'd be mailed to us...but gosh, I suppose they could be e-docs. I hadn't thought of that.

Disney Wonder 2/03

Navigator 4/04

Thx for the response. I'm considering booking with bestpricecruises although I was hoping the price would go down a bit more since the cruise I'm considering leaves in 2 weeks. It would also be nice if they waived the single supplement but that may be asking for too much. I think I'll post this question as a new topic to get advice on last minute bookings. Have a great time on your cruise.

Rie

Sea Princess 2002

Carnival Spirit 2002

Monarch of the Seas 2003

Last minute depends on how you define "last minute." If you are booking more than a couple of weeks before the cruise, they can usually get your documents in time. If its truly the last minute, than they will arrange for you to pick-up your cruise documents at the pier.

Archived