Was your first cruise the best cruise?

Alymo1

If so why?

I think it may be the new stuff you experience.

Robert

Hard to say... My first cruise was on my most favourite ship, but I wouldn't say it was my best cruise... Of the 7 cruises I've done, I actually wouldn't say I have a 'best' cruise, each cruise was different and had it's own highs and lows.

Hard to say... My first cruise was on my most favourite ship, but I wouldn't say it was my best cruise... Of the 7 cruises I've done, I actually wouldn't say I have a 'best' cruise, each cruise was different and had it's own highs and lows.

My first cruise was on my fav ship to. The sky!!

I cant remember...aaahh early days on Fairstar..just a blur..I was 22....it was the early 70's need I say more.:D:D:D

I know it caused a life long addiction! (To cruising that is...shame on you who suspected something else):eek:

If so why?I think it may be the new stuff you experience.Robert

Robert,

You experience "new stuff"

on each

and every cruise

upon which you embark.

Each journey up that gangway

is an expedition

into a new and wonderful adventure,

that will provide you with memories

that will last a lifetime.

Those that look back...

regret.

Go forward,

anticipate the excitement,

and enjoy.

Robert,

You experience "new stuff"

on each

and every cruise

upon which you embark.

Each journey up that gangway

is an expedition

into a new and wonderful adventure,

that will provide you with memories

that will last a lifetime.

Those that look back...

regret.

Go forward,

anticipate the excitement,

and enjoy.

well said our best cruise as a family was the pacific star 2007 /7days north qld, where we meet stacyrow/vicki, but we have enjoyed all the cruises

With regards to excitement levels and opening a door to more cruising , yes it was. It wasn't the best ship, nor the best ports of call. Nevertheless, I'll remember our first sailaway with great affection....and a sentimental tear.

Thanks for this post Robert.

Anna

I have enjoyed all 3 of my cruises so far, but the 1st one on Pacific Star - (I loved that ship!) remains my favourite.

I had wanted to cruise for years, and when we finally got on board and got to the cabin, I actually cried, as I was so happy and shocked that I was really on a cruise ship!!

we had perfect weather and as a family, I think the best holiday ever.

(oh, and we met Steve and his family which made the trip memorable as we had alot of good times with them as well!!)

I think all of our cruises have been wonderful, fantastic, special and unique, but our first cruise we took our girls and it will be a holiday that we will never forget. It also gave us a taste of cruising, which we love.!!!!!:D

Hi

all our cruises have been our best..LOL..:D..each one is so enjoyable, especially as we travel with a group of friends, which really makes the

cruise for us...

.... our hearts still skip a beat when we first see the ship at the

quay......woo hoo...

S&D

I would have to say that my Best cruise was my third. This was the Maiden voyage of the Pacific Dawn.There is something very special about being on a maiden voyage.It was also the P&O 75th anniversary cruise and we all received a beautifully boxed commemorative platter. The excitement of the crew and passengers went for the whole two weeks.Unfortunately it will take a lot for anything else to come close to it.... but that wond stop me trying

Icy:D

[(oh, and we met Steve and his family which made the trip memorable as we had alot of good times with them as well!!)

I agree. Meeting Steve certainly makes a trip memorable!!!!:D:D:D

thanks very much yes it was great to meet you both hope tp catch up with you soon

We have enjoyed all our cruises, but some stand out because of the ship, where we went or who we sailed with. :):)

Best ship and best itinerary - Sun Princess to Tahiti and also Ryndam around South America.

Particularly memorable places - Pentecost Island, Samoa/Tonga/Raratonga/French Polynesia, Cycladic Islands (Greece), Alaska, ports on a Nile cruise in Egypt.

Best companions - A cruise last year where we took our whole family, or cruises where we have either sailed with friends or met lovely people on board.

Evon.

oh god no...

our first was 9 yrs ago on norweigian star, prior to its relocation overseas and major upgrade. it was bad from start to end the best part was getting off! we arrived late into ports, skipped ports, aircon stopped, toilets flooded, the food looked and tasted like bad microwave meals. however we met some great people some of whom are now among our best friends and still managed to have a good time.

it took 6 yrs to return to cruising so as you can it did not put me off for life. i love the excitment of knowing that in a few minutes you are going to be on board and the party will be in full swing by the time you head out under the harbour bridge while the horns go off, and the excitement does not leave me untill the very last morning when i need to be dragged off.

Yep..I totally agree..our first cruise was on the Sun August 07. I think it was because it was all new to us & we had the excitement of our first overseas trip as well as our first cruise.

Don't get me wrong..we also had an awesome time on the Dawn in November 08 when we cruised with a group of 15..but it was different & although the Dawn is a nicer & bigger ship we felt the Sun had a certain atmosphere that we can't explain.

Probably for the very reason that it was our first ever cruise.

Alymo1,

Our first cruise was great, DD and DS were very young and were totally spoilt by the ships staff, gave us and them a great holiday, but the best cruise was our first Asian cruise with a week of cruising Japan. It was our dream holiday to go to Japan and combine it with a cruise. We were absolute Fairstar fanatics and the crew used to remember us because of DD and DS. One year we went on a cruise by ourselves and the crew asked where are your children:) The old Fairstar has gone to that great graveyard in the ocean but we have found a new love and that is the Diamond Princess.

To be able to take a cruise on any ship is always a great holiday, (with the exception of our cruise to hell on the Southern Cross:mad:), and we have convinced many friends to take up the great adventure.

Happy cruising,

Chris

Alymo1, the best cruise was our first Asian cruise with a week of cruising Japan. It was our dream holiday to go to Japan and combine it with a cruise.

Happy cruising,

Chris

What year did you cruise to Japan on the Fairstar? We went on the Fairstar cruises to Japan in 1988 and again in 1989 when China was included in the itinerary. :)

Evon.

What year did you cruise to Japan on the Fairstar? We went on the Fairstar cruises to Japan in 1988 and again in 1989 when China was included in the itinerary. :)

Evon.

Evon,

It was much later, the first was in 1993 and then again in 1995, the old Fairstar will always have fond memories for me as it introduced me to the wonderfull world of cruising, (my DW had cruised before), and I am totally addicted. When I think about doing the bathroom shuffle to get to the toilet or shower in the old cabins compared to the mini suites, (and this year we experience a full suite), we have today it brings back fond memories.

In my opinion the thing that makes a cruise, is the incredible crew which always go out of their way to make you feel special no matter what ship or cabin.

Happy cruising,

Chris

It's interesting to hear that the Fairstar had long Asian cruises in the 1990s. We were having a break from cruising at that time due to business commitments.

The old Fairstar was basic but everyone seemed to love her.:):)

Evon.

As others have said, every cruise is different & memorable. My first "cruising" experience was in 1975, just before I turned 15. My parents had decided to go back to England to live but thought going on a ship would be a great idea as we hadn't had a holiday since arriving in Australia 5 years earlier. That was a great trip with my parents, sister & brother. Some may not consider that as a "cruise" as such, more of a means of transport but as far as I'm concerned, it was a cruise. And a 35 night one at that:D (that included the Panama Canal). My next cruise was on Fairstar in 1986 with a friend when I was young & single. What a blast that was. Then in 2006 I cruised on Pacific Sun with my own family (hubby & 3 kids). As you can imagine, they were 3 very different cruises. As icy said, the maiden voyage on Pacific Dawn was also very memorable (being a maiden voyage & 75th anniversary). Our latest one on the Dawn, we got to meet so many great fellow CCers and also visited some wonderful ports. They were all the best for one reason or another:).

• 3 weeks later...

I loved my first ever cruise.Pacific Dawn out of Sydney Christmas Cruise 2007.The People were wonderful and I was well looked after by entertainment staff and passengers alike.It is one of many things I like about Sydney Departures are the young people who come along.Best Time of My Life.Now Looking at Pacific Pearl for the same time come2010 and hope it lives up to the same high standards.

Best of all thanks to getting in seven months before P&O dropped friendly four rates for single travellers I got a whole cabin to myself for no extra charge due to their inability to find me people to share with which I was most happy about.

You get more for your money with Cruising than any other holiday one cares to name.

Our first cruise (and only one so far) will always be very special to me. The Pacific Star, 2007 Valentines Day, Noumea in the dining room where my darling husband proposed. :) That will always be special, but in saying that, I certainly have the cruise bug and hope I get to compare many more :D

Cheers

Ellen

Our first cruise (and only one so far) will always be very special to me. The Pacific Star, 2007 Valentines Day, Noumea in the dining room where my darling husband proposed. :) That will always be special, but in saying that, I certainly have the cruise bug and hope I get to compare many more :D

Cheers

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

That would certainly make it special. :):) Lucky you to have such a romantic husband.

Evon.

Archived