Port of SanFran Hotels

coveman

The airport is quite a ride.If I remember correctly,it was about a $50 cab fare.We stayed at The Tuscan Inn on the wharf last year before our Island Princess cruise for $80 per night using Priceline.It was 3 or 4 blocks from the pier.

Johnmik1 & Baxter - Do you remember how you bid on Princeline for the Tuscan Inn? - Was it in the Fisherman's Wharf Area? - Was it 3 Star? - What Icons should I look for? We will need a room for 2 nights Pre in Sept. also. It would be nice to have to pay only for one transfer - Airport to Hotel - and be able to walk to the ship to embark?? Thanks for any Info.Liner - I've also heard great things about the Argonaut - but the web site rates are expensive. Is it close the the Princess Pier too? Can you get that hotel on Priceline ? If so, and you did - can you tell me the same info as asked above so I can bid properly? Thanks.

GottoCruise...I did not bid my Argonaunt Hotel on Priceline. I booked it thru their website. Cost wasn't so bad for me since I was splitting it with a friend! I loved the location and the service! I was able to walk most everywhere, but took a taxi to the pier. Didn't want to haul the luggage down the street.

Good luck and happy cruising!

Hi we got this hotel on Hotwire.com for a mere $65 last year, its a boutique hotel in the Embarcadero area I think, its the business section of San Fran, this hotel is connected to the YMCA and you get full privilages of the workout and pool facility. You also have great views of the Bay Bridge. We Loved this Hotel and stayed there 4 days prior to a Cruise that went to Vancouver. We took a taxi to the ship dock and it was only a block away. We highly recomend this hotel and the staff was great, their was free wine and beer in the lobby for the Managers cocktail hour, free cookies at night at the front desk and a big bowl of Washington apples every day on the table in the foyer. If we went back to San Fran we would stay here again. Most comfortable bed I ever slept in.

We stayed at The Argonaut in October (1 day pre and 2 day post cruise) and loved it. I tried every discount I could on their site and ended up paying $99/night using my State ID card. Great location to everything at the wharf and to the trolley car. We took the Supershuttle from the Airport to hotel for $14 ea. and on the way back the Hotel uses a similar company that was $13 ea. From the hotel to the pier we took a taxi that cost $6 w/o tip.

Debbie

I just booked a pre and post cruise stay at the Tuscan. The 1st night was 47.20 plus tx and the 2nd night was 53.10 plus tx. I got the seniority rate for those 55 and older ( I knew these wrinkles would come in handy!). I did it directly on the Best Western web site and plugged in San Francisco and "to include" Fisherman's Wharf. I just can't believe these rates:) Got both e-mail conformations too.

Who needs Priceline when we have this marvelous message board to share info!

I just reserved the Tuscan Inn for SFO for 1 night Sun Princess Pre-cruise Sept. 13, at $47.20 - (Sr. rate!) includes PM cocktail hour - and AM Coffee & ---how much better can it get?

You can cancel up to 6PM.

Thanks for the tip!

GotToCruise (aka Renee)

but you do realize those rates are in error don't you. It is supposed to be $147.20. If you look at ALL the prices for that day and not just the senior rates it is clear that the prices were entered incorrectly. I just don't want anyone to be surprised when they hear from the hotel letting them know of the error. Sorry. :(

• 1 month later...

Archived