No more "freebies" at the shopping talk?

marym933

On our recent Legend cruise, I got to the show lounge early so I could get my usual seat in the front row. Once again, I was expecting numerous free items to be given away to, as it seems, the moxt excited, person in the front rows. To my surprise nothing was given away. No color changing t-shirts, nail polish or rum cakes. There was a raffle for a sapphire necklace, that's all. The shopper did give out the standard EFFY, DI coupons, etc. Is this common fleetwide??

Well, now my next cruise is ruined. How can Carnival do this to their loyal cruisers. Free t-shirts and other merchandise thrown out during shopping talks is the main reason I cruise.:rolleyes:

Carnival has definitely lost my business.....;):D

Sorry, I really didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I feel that this is a legitimate inquiry. Hopefully, you guys can find something better to do this evening than criticize me! My mother taught me if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!

Sorry, I really didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I feel that this is a legitimate inquiry. Hopefully, you guys can find something better to do this evening than criticize me! My mother taught me if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!

I have to agree with you. Why do people feel compelled to answer a question with snotty remarks if they don't know the answer. Just don't answer! Rudeness is just to commonly accepted. And putting a little cutsie face doesn't make up for the rudeness.

By the way, I do not know the answer to your question, but I hope someone will and will answer you nicely.:)

I didn't know they gave out fre things at these talks.... I guess all my past cruises weren't that great.

We cruised on the Ecstasy over the Easter holiday and yes they did throw out all the freebee's. Between our party of 10 we made out good. My grandson got one of the color changing Tee's. They threw out hand fulls of the plastic rings that change colors. Everyone got one of those. Even my sons girlfriend won the drawing.

It most of just been a bad week or the sales agent did not get out into town during their last trip. All that stuff is most likely donated by the "recomended shops" to entice cruisers to stop by and see more stuff.

I think the giveaways have a lot to do with which ports you are going to. We did the Legend doing Costa Rica, Belize & Limon Panama and I don't remember them giving anything away that trip. If you are going to Mexico, they usually give away some things. Maybe their stock was low or the merchants are cutting back on freebies. I hope it's not like that on all the cruises. I like the freebies too.

I haven't attended a shopping talk (or a disembarkation talk :cool:) since the late 80's. But if they're not throwing out free stuff anymore it's gotta be "business".

The freebies are supplied by the featured stores...not by Carnival...and if the featured stores aren't supplying the free giveaway stuff...then 'ya can't blame Carnival. The stores are probably just trying to maintain a profit margin. Or a break-even margin as the case may be. :D.

Hi, I was also on the Legend this past January, got to the talk early, see I love shopping. There were no freebies to be had anywhere, only the drawing, which my dh was lucky enough to win. It was a goodie basket from Mexico, with some tequilla, hats, blanket, marroca's and some misc. stuff. We were quite surprised. Maybe it's just the Legend that no longer encourages shopping with the freebies.

Cindy

I have to say that on our last cruise they threw out all the freebies as well. I was lucky enough to win a discount on a shore excursion, which we never used. But, I'm hoping it will still be there on our Conquest cruise in November. I LOVE FREE STUFF!!!!!!!!!

Son of a ......................... gun, no freebies! Darn. And I was one of those die hards who would come eary and suffer through a hour or so of agony listening to all the fantastic, wonderful and not to be missed bargains only to be purchased at approved stores. Then the Ship Shopper would look me directly in the eyes and pitch the free item in the opposite direction. Talk about frustrating. I would leap and turn and try to grasp the flying object but alas, it was not to be. So now I feel vindicated. No one can have them any more. ...........................

Good!

I was on the Conquest and Esctasy last week. I sat in the front waiting for the freebies to be thrown. I was not disappointed. Multi color rings were thrown, color changing shirts and bags, nail polish was handed out, the Shopper did not want to conk anyone in the head, rum cakes, and I even caught 2 Diamond International braclets still packaged. I gave one to the lady next to me after she gave me a dirty look. A pearl neckage from Macora was thrown to the masses. Both ships did give away freebies and the talks were almost the same.

Some Super Shoppers are better than others. Some shower the crowds with goodies and others dont. The ones I dislike are the ones who do a raffle for the stuff instead of throwing it out to the masses.

Dave

On our recent Legend cruise, I got to the show lounge early so I could get my usual seat in the front row. Once again, I was expecting numerous free items to be given away to, as it seems, the moxt excited, person in the front rows. To my surprise nothing was given away. No color changing t-shirts, nail polish or rum cakes. There was a raffle for a sapphire necklace, that's all. The shopper did give out the standard EFFY, DI coupons, etc. Is this common fleetwide??

I'm thinking the freebies are courtesy of the various island shoppes, not Carnival. On our recent Sensation cruise there were some rum cakes and tee-shirts bot coupons for free necklace if you try something on coupons. ken

Archived