Question for HAL Cruisers

SeaBlueSkies

Hi Everyone,

I'm just curious to know if the economic situation in the US and around the world have affected your cruising plans and experiences?

Have any of you cut down on the cruising? Have any of you downgraded your cruise days or categories?

Have any of you cut down on shore excursions?

I ask this out of curiosity because for the last year, I have not cruised or traveled much...because our cat was diagnosed with diabetes and we had to give him insulin twice a day. We had to monitor him closely and we didn't want to leave him with anyone while we went traveling. So, we stayed home with Felix and took care of him for a year. Happy to say he is now off the insulin and is being controlled by diet.

A lot of things have changed since we last cruised on HAL and I'm just wondering if the economy has affected any of you.

For myself, I had some time to save up some money so I can get back to my two HAL cruises a year and a couple shorties on other lines that sail out of Cape Canaveral.

I'm not being nosy, just curious. :)

I figure I don't know how many cruising days I have left in me, so I'm going while the going is good.

No cutting back for me. :D

God bless and happy sailing!

We're a semi-young family so cruising is not something we do each year. We do, however, take yearly Disney vacations and those are being changed somewhat. My dh has a fairly recession proof job as a police captain but I recently stopped working. Our income was cut by about 40% and we're adjusting to our own personal recession...

God bless and happy sailing!

We're a semi-young family so cruising is not something we do each year. We do, however, take yearly Disney vacations and those are being changed somewhat. My dh has a fairly recession proof job as a police captain but I recently stopped working. Our income was cut by about 40% and we're adjusting to our own personal recession...

I just came back from a couple days at Disney World in Orlando. The place was packed. Several of us remarked that the economy didn't seem to slow down a lot of people.

I feel the same as Ruth, now that I am back in the saddle vacation wise...I'm not going to let anything stop me while I can go.

Disney and cruising are the only 2 things that can just "take me away" from reality for a little while.

I figure I don't know how many cruising days I have left in me, so I'm going while the going is good.

No cutting back for me. :D

I hear ya Ruth! I feel the same way. I can't wait until November when I get on the Westerdam. 14 days of pure bliss! :)

Archived