Sun 8076, 8276 vs 9075, 9275

Cruise Raider

Has anyone stayed in cabins 8076 or 8276 on the Sun? Last year, we stayed in 9075 and loved, loved, loved it. This room was not available on our next booking and was wondering if the rooms right below are the same size inside? I do see that they are right above the theatre, so hopefully noise won't be too much of an issue.

In our 9075 room, last aft room on the side of the ship, our room was definitely smaller than the one just forward from us, but the balcony more than made up for this. In the pictures of the deck plans online, it appears that rooms 8076 and 8276 are quite a bit smaller than the ones just forward. Could they be smaller than 9075 and 9275? I see from the pictures we took from the outside of the ship, that the balconies on these two rooms on deck 8 seem be the same size as the ones above on deck 9 -- just wondering if the rooms are actually any smaller. I am not sure how much smaller they could be -- it was pretty cramped inside on deck 9. Closet space was so very minimal.

Also...any noise complaints from those that have stayed on deck 8 right above the theatre??

• 1 year later...

Hey Cruise Raider,

We have room 9075 on hold for Jan 2012 - we're wondering if it's going to be a good cabin before we book it. How was the ride in that room, was it noisy or were there ship vibrations from the motors? Do you have any pics? Would love more info on that room. Thanks alot. First time cruiser. Imjyfl

Hey Cruise Raider,

We have room 9075 on hold for Jan 2012 - we're wondering if it's going to be a good cabin before we book it. How was the ride in that room, was it noisy or were there ship vibrations from the motors? Do you have any pics? Would love more info on that room. Thanks alot. First time cruiser. Imjyfl

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1228252241061850229YTsUvd

Here's a link to a photo of the starboard side - so the last cabin on deck 9 would be the exact twin to 9075 on the opposite side.

We booked it for the Baltics for the nice long balcony. I did some research; the cabin is smaller, but has one of the largest balconies. We chose it over a true aft. Another reviewer said they could fit two chairs and two loungers, hope that's true!

We also read about some soot issues on the balconies of the true aft cabins,

and some noise from the connecting doors.

I did read that the Sun aft cabins experience some vibration upon docking and leaving port. That's not really an issue for us.

Hope you get more responses, I'd love to hear from others.

Can anyone advise what exactly is smaller? From the specs its 150 sq ft as opposed to 170 sq feet.

The stateroom can't be narrower in the width (I don't think), so from front door to deck I'm guessing its shorter. Is the couch shorter with the little sitting area smaller?

Or is the closet/entryway smaller?

Thanks!

My husband and I stayed in 8276 in January. We loved it, had plenty of room and the balcony was fantastic. The link in my signature will take you to my photo album of the trip.

You can use this ink if you'd like. http://travel.webshots.com/album/579523354nSCjAr

Here is a link to my review of that cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27580100&postcount=28

We loved it. :)

Can anyone advise what exactly is smaller? From the specs its 150 sq ft as opposed to 170 sq feet.

The stateroom can't be narrower in the width (I don't think), so from front door to deck I'm guessing its shorter. Is the couch shorter with the little sitting area smaller?

Thanks!

Just speaking from info gathered, rather than actual experience, I believe the cabins mentioned by the OP are the same (in size and configuration).they have

a smaller, loveseat couch, so must be shorter as you believe. It's the balconies and location that are different. One other thing I noticed is the balcony railing - the two afts have a bit of solid steel at the bottom, and 9275 and 9075 have open railings all the way to the bottom. May not matter at all to some. I think the choice would come down to priorites and preferences. We absolutely prefer

to be at the stern, but in this case, the few concerns noted, and the attractiveness of the balconies for 9075 and 9275 made us want to give it a try. All four were open for our sailing - tough choice.

Glendy - nice photos!

Thanks!

Was wondering about the above in reference to 9075 and 9275 only. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm considering booking these cabins for a future Alaska Cruise. Unfortunately Webshots is no longer, and all the links to images from this page are no longer functioning! Does anyone have new links they could share for these photos? Thanks in advance!!

Archived