What kind of condition is the Victory in?? Year built 2000 ...Hmmm

Sunsetters

I've sailed on Victory four times, first time in 2004, last time in 2008. In all that time, aside from the usual wear and tear you can expect (e.g., dinged panels in the elevators, worn seat cushions), she's been maintained very well. Her most recent drydock was fall 2007, when they installed the Lido movie screen. She doesn't have a supper club and she doesn't have as many Lido buffet lines as the newer ships, which are the only "down" points to sailing on her in my opinion (and I can live without a supper club). If it weren't for her port-intensive itinerary (I like my sea days), I'd sail her again in an instant.

I am liking the sounds of this! Refurbished in 2007!! That sounds better!! Will be our first cruise, so lots of investigating to do!!!

Just an FYI. Most ships are refurbished about every 2 years with daily painting and upkeep done in between the reurbishments.

These ships cost millions of dollars and they make sure they last a very long time.:)

Bill

I am liking the sounds of this! Refurbished in 2007!! That sounds better!! Will be our first cruise, so lots of investigating to do!!!

Have you checked out the Victory reviews on Cruise Critic ??

The reviews will reassure you.

I sail on her Sept 2009.

I just sailed on her in February and had a wonderful time. Please see my review in my signature for more details. As far as the condition of the ship, I can't complain about anything. Compared to the older ships I've been on (I think she's the newest one we've been on) she looks top-notch! I have yet to experience the supper club, so I can't say if that's a hit or miss.

I sailed on the Victory on the 22nd of March. It was my first cruise and It was great! I really didnt have much to compare her too though! We want to go back in May and do the same tour....without kids this time!

Archived