4/26/09 Live from Carnival Splendor !!!

Wennfred

They can call us "whiners" for getting off the ship in Long Beach but unless you are in the situation you have no right to comment.

I think, in all honesty, that we all know most of you that decided to get off the ship were not whiners. I'm glad you all had the means and ability to get off and finish your vacation on land. I'm sure not all on board had that option. Unfortunately, the few that do whine and cuss and throw a fit are the ones that get the most attention, so everyone else gets the generalization.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Hope you get some great weather!!!

On the bright side, we can hope that MANY people cancel their cruises (they woulda been the whiners on board all week anyway!!), and we get a nice non-crowded ship, and a good possibility of a cheap (i.e. FREE) upgrade to a nicer cabin. (got an oceanview 6B at this point)

They can call us "whiners" for getting off the ship in Long Beach but unless you are in the situation you have no right to comment.

Have a great cruise come this Sunday May 3rd. By then they may have more ports closed and your cruise may become a 7 day cruise to NOWHERE!

Oy.... :rolleyes:

I guess you didn't read a couple of the previous posts where another poster and I both said we weren't calling people who got off the ship whiners. All I said is I was hoping the people who would've hated the new itineraries were cancelling anyway, because they would probably complain the whole trip anyways. And I will gladly upgrade to their suite that is now empty.... :cool:

Curious why she's only doing 17 knots rather than 22 knots as before??

Also wish that the ship's web CAMS were the Control type & real time...

Better yet have a Star Wars robot that you can control, you could sneak up & pinch the ladies...:D

I've been following this thread since it started when suddenly a thought came to mind, might this be an opportunity for some great cruise fares. A quick call to my PVP. With a military discount any available balcony cabin on Splendor's 3 May sailing for $513 total. We're going, however we have to drive to Long Beach because the airfare costs more than the cruise. These are three great cities to visit and I've often wondered why Carnival didn't have this type of itinerary during the summer months. The weather early next week in San Francisco should be mild, with cool wet weather in Seattle and Victoria.

Fred and everyone coming to San Francisco....PLEASE.....DO NOT waste your money eating the garbage at a chain restaurant like Bubba Gumps....its OK for a drink but when some of the best restaurants in the world are at your fingertips I wouldn't bother with Gumps...bleah....

Right there at Fishermans wharf are several VERY NICE seafood restaurants like Scoma's, Alioto's and many others...ENJOY!

some of the Best Crab i have ever had!:)

Seattle weather can change in 24 hrs...today and tomorrow, it supposed to be near 70 and sunny. Who knows, you may luck out next week and get the same weather. If somebody starts a live thread, I will try to give daily updates on Seattle weather before you arrive. Never trust a 10 day forecast around here...LOL!

We sailed on Splendor April 12th had a wonderful time. Is Summer Breeze (Viviene and Bruce) still playing in the lobby bar? Is Grayson, the young man with the Entertainment staff still there. They made our trip so memorable. Have some desert for me. Thanks,

Grayson is still there but he is a bit too quiet to be doing what he does I think. Lauren and the Costa Rican gentleman are pretty good, I didn't care for Goose at all.

I tried to change cruises. I am supposed to be on the May 10 splendor.I cant get any other week of vacation other than May 10. Carnival will not allow me to change cruises until our cruise "officialy" changes. I am so mad at them. I want warm weather. I understand the flu isnt there fault. But I just want to go on a warm weather cruise and everyday I wait air keeps going up!!! They told me we would have to pay a penalty to change.

Dear "Lemonade" Cruisers,

I hope you're having a fantastic time. I admit to sitting in front of my computer in Houston and being a bit envious:o -- San Francisco is on my list of "must visit" places, and I think the service you'll receive for the rest of the cruise will be outstanding! I can't wait to hear your updates!

I've been following this thread since it started when suddenly a thought came to mind, might this be an opportunity for some great cruise fares. A quick call to my PVP. With a military discount any available balcony cabin on Splendor's 3 May sailing for $513 total. We're going, however we have to drive to Long Beach because the airfare costs more than the cruise. Francisco should be mild, with cool wet weather in Seattle and Victoria.

Good for you. I actually like that itinerary and think it would be a great summer cruise (I have no desire to go to Alaska).

I've been following this thread since it started when suddenly a thought came to mind, might this be an opportunity for some great cruise fares. A quick call to my PVP. With a military discount any available balcony cabin on Splendor's 3 May sailing for $513 total. We're going, however we have to drive to Long Beach because the airfare costs more than the cruise. These are three great cities to visit and I've often wondered why Carnival didn't have this type of itinerary during the summer months. The weather early next week in San Francisco should be mild, with cool wet weather in Seattle and Victoria.

WOO WOO, good for you Roy. Great snag!

Fred- Would you so kind and explain the rotisserie and burrito bar to me? Such as does the rotisserie serve the same thing each day. Is that where you got the mac n' cheese? I am a cruise food-a-holic and love all the details. Thanks

Well, we got home about noon. We are two of the people (2 of the 1,000) who got off in LB.

No we are not whiners or complainers. We had insurance, but knew full well that it would not cover epidemics or such, and we didn't expect any compensation. This isn't the fault of CCL.

We left because our DS and DIL, who are both deaf, had text us and said they were going to the hospital because DS had the flu. I was freaking out. My Dad, who had lived in Mazatlan, just died last Wed.

At any rate, DS has "A" flu but not HI flu. As I type, DIL just woke up, and now SHE is sick. We made a good call.

And yes, the ocean was rough, but coming back into LB, smooth as glass.

Fred is telling a good story. :D

We had fun on Wendy's b-day dinner, and we will miss them. I see a future cruise together.

pat

My good wishes for your DS and DIL, hope they are feeling better soon.

Nancy

Ok guys, here is the deal when it comes to the Guest Talent show, I was there for the Audition, they pretty much said, NO comedians, so that leaves me out, NO Tap dancing, a few people got up and walked off, a nice guy that is a professional dancer asked if he can use his IPOD and he was told NO, due to copy right laws bla bla bla, so he walked out. Also this is the Kicker, NO Musical Instruments from the band or crew can be used, another set of people walked away.

They can only select 7 people with 3 minutes acts, I enjoy watching people with real Talent, there are a few singers, only 1 sang very good and there is a group of around 13 doing a line dance, very very terrible, No one in sync, stepping on each others foot, you call that Talent? It was totally boring.. So with all of the restrictions, they got rid of the true talent and have these non-talented want-a-bees.

Fred

Those have always been the rules for the Talent Shows . I have been in 20 of them (at least).

No comedians - because they can't control what you say and folks might get offended. (plus kids are in the audience and since they can't control what is said...you get the idea)

No tap dancing - because the metal taps on the shoes will destroy the wood on the stage floor. We have seen some wonderful other kinds of dancers from time to time (ballroom and dance groups that were great)

If the professional dancer had had a physical "store" CD, he would have been allowed to use that. But with an IPOD, you do not know if the music has been pirated....hence the legalities.

No musical instruments - because these instruments do not belong to Carnival. They belong to the individual musicians. And I can tell you that 99% of the musicians I know will let you borrow their spouse....before they will let you borrow their instrument. HOWEVER, you ARE allowed to use the piano. It is owned by Carnival.

So there are very valid reasons for the restrictions that Carnival has.

Well, we got home about noon. We are two of the people (2 of the 1,000) who got off in LB.

No we are not whiners or complainers. We had insurance, but knew full well that it would not cover epidemics or such, and we didn't expect any compensation. This isn't the fault of CCL.

We left because our DS and DIL, who are both deaf, had text us and said they were going to the hospital because DS had the flu. I was freaking out. My Dad, who had lived in Mazatlan, just died last Wed.

At any rate, DS has "A" flu but not HI flu. As I type, DIL just woke up, and now SHE is sick. We made a good call.

We had fun on Wendy's b-day dinner, and we will miss them. I see a future cruise together.

pat

Pat:

Glad Carnival was able to get you to Long Beach. Hope your DS and DIL will recover quickly and completely. I know they are glad to have you back. No matter how old they are....having Mom when you are sick is always makes you feel that much better. ;)

Man, I am so bummed that I wasn't on this cruise.

I would have LOVED to spend day after day in that Thalasso pool just knowing it was chilly outside!!! The clear glass above you. If it was foggy would have made it even better.....

I fell in love with that Thalasso pool. (and plan a repeat lovefest come December on the Dream in our Spa Cabin!!!!

I loved my cruise and I would book the Splendor again with no problem. We decided not to continue on our cruise because we didn't sign on for that many "seadays" and we didn't want to go to San Francisco. Call it a little cabin fever but we elected to continue our vacation somewhere else.

Sherrie,

I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation. The weather here should be nice.

Man, I am so bummed that I wasn't on this cruise.

I would have LOVED to spend day after day in that Thalasso pool just knowing it was chilly outside!!! The clear glass above you. If it was foggy would have made it even better.....

I fell in love with that Thalasso pool. (and plan a repeat lovefest come December on the Dream in our Spa Cabin!!!!

Surprisingly according to weather.com no fog in the forcast......but it is suppose to rain for the next 3 days............

pat

Sorry to hear you had to leave the ship because of your DS & DIL illnesses. Hope they recover quickly.

Mt. Lassen, was that $513 per person or for both of you?

(She says hoping)

Most likely total. Saw some really good deals fly through my e-mail today. Call Carnival or your TA for the latest. Keep in mind he also used a Military Discount but the price shouldn't be too far off.

I just called Carnival because I saw on their web site cat 11s for 799.00 on the 5/3 sailing and I paid 1,150 PP. Lady on the phone said she couldn't authorize changing me to the lower price and a cat 12 would be 500.00 pp more

Archived