4/26/09 Live from Carnival Splendor !!!

Wennfred

We have had 2 twins very young boys that are staying right across from us, they have been CRYING and SCREAMING the whole entire cruise!!!.... I sure hope that they are ok and not sick. The dad already said that he has had enough of their crying and the Mom said she doesn't care.

Fred

I bet that's fun NOT. This sounds like one of those cruises that you will have some good stories to tell when you get back.

I have been reading this since the beginning and think it is the COOLEST thread!! I am so happy everyone is having a great time! :)

My family and I leave for our first cruise ever on the Splendor June 14. Maybe by then it will be to Mexico though who knows? I love the North but with three little ones who are obsessed with warm water slides, beaches, & swimming pools, it would only make sense for our family to reschedule if that happened. If the kids weren't with us we would be having a grand time in San Francisco!!

Please give more updates on the ship, the food, what to expect, and what (as a first time cruiser) I must not leave home without!

Thanks everyone!!!!

They will surely have the dome over the ship closed and the pools are generally warm. the kids may enjoy all the fun things at the pool and on the rest of the ship. In SF a walk along the pier with the kids will take yo past pier 39 where there are usually toms of seals resting or at play and further down a museum filled with old arcade toys that you can play with. The kids will also thrill riding the cable cars or make them a prisoner in a picture at Alcatraz. There is also a great childrens' hands-on museum. You can take them to the underground city in Seattle and they will marvel at the toilets that flush up and other cool kids stuff. Explore your options before you pull out. You may be surprised.

• Administrators
Hey Fred we are now hearing that alot of people on the Mariner are getting off and staying off in San Francisco.......let us know if you hear anything....... news reporters are said to be at the pier.......maybe we will see you on tonights news:p

Oh yay, the news media. Because their hands are totally clean in all of this hysteria, and they are just reporting "the facts!" :rolleyes:

Glad to see today's updates -- hope everyone has a good time in San Francisco!

Just got word over a phone call that both Canadian and Mexican Borders into the U.S. are now closed.

I will look for the T.V. cameras when I get off, We here on Splendor were told that no one will disembark in San Fran, with the exception of a Medical issue.

Firefly333,

Now the Mom and Dad are going at it, the kids are quiet for at least 10 minutes.

Fred

We are still waiting to leave the ship, and by the time we do leave the ship it will be well into Dinner time, so can someone post for me the list of great Steak Houses here nearby to Pier 39. Someone posted the list of Resturants on one of these pages.

Thanks again.

Fred

I can't speak for the USA to Mexico border but I am 30 minutes from our border with the U.S and we are not closed. In fact, although everyone is watching and waiting, it's business as usual. Don't block my route to Target and Gordmans please!!!!!lol If anyone is on the same cruise as me can you pick up some of those half pretzel, half cracker thingys please. Canadian snacks suck.

Pechez and TexMan Al sits a table away from us during dinner, I chat with Al all the time, he is a cool cat.

Well, we just got notification over the Loudspeaker that there is one person that needs to be medically evac so thats why we are still waiting. They want people to keep the stairs and the lobby clear so that medical team can do their part and remove the sick passenger off the ship safely.

Fred

Give my Pechez and Al and huge hug and kiss from me! I miss them, but will be seeing them in 22 more days.

Gee, I just talked to Mary again and she said there was a medical emergency and then they would be getting off the ship. Holy cow! Now you cannot get off?

Keep us posted and hopefully your cabin neighbors quiet down for you!

The Medical Evac was about a Lady that slipped and fell, her shoulder is dislocated, this happen on Deck 10 outdoors, right after passing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Hope she is well.

2:40pm, We are still waiting to get off.

Fred

The Medical Evac was about a Lady that slipped and fell, her shoulder is dislocated, this happen on Deck 10 outdoors, right after passing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Hope she is well.

2:40pm, We are still waiting to get off.

Fred

Glad it wasn't a "health" emergency, but how awful for that lady.

I find nothing on CNN.com or foxnews.com about boarders being closed.

Do hope you get to get off soon!!!!

Just checked all the news sites, the borders are not closed, in either direction. Some people forewaning of "doomsday" want to close the borders, but it's overkill, and Obama mentioned in his speech two days ago, that it is unlikely that will happen.

We are still waiting to leave the ship, and by the time we do leave the ship it will be well into Dinner time, so can someone post for me the list of great Steak Houses here nearby to Pier 39. Someone posted the list of Resturants on one of these pages.

Thanks again.

Fred

Fred - You should be rather close to the stadium, right? Acme Chop House is there, one of the best steak houses in the City. Also, Momo's is right across the street, great restaurant as well.

I have to give CCL some credit...they must be really busting their butts to reorganize the current and soon-to-leave cruises. i can't imagine it's easy work rearranging ports for all those ships.

http://*****.com/chohf6

Also, my DW just talked to the cruise agency she used to work for and who booked the Splendor on May 23rd for us (yes, we're still planning to go regardless of itinerary), and they seemed to think by the time we sail this may have all blown over.

Crossing my as-yet-untanned fingers....:confused:

I have to give CCL some credit...they must be really busting their butts to reorganize the current and soon-to-leave cruises. i can't imagine it's easy work rearranging ports for all those ships.

Also, my DW just talked to the cruise agency she used to work for and who booked the Splendor on May 23rd for us (yes, we're still planning to go regardless of itinerary), and they seemed to think by the time we sail this may have all blown over.

I'll cross my tanning booth tanned but going north on Sunday fingers for you :)

Thanks again.

Fred

Fred, take a taxi to North Beach. Joe Dimaggios steak house. Get a nice window table and people watch. It is a little pricey, but I think worth it. For dessert visit one of the gelato places or the bakeries in the area...

Fred - You should be rather close to the stadium, right? Acme Chop House is there, one of the best steak houses in the City. Also, Momo's is right across the street, great restaurant as well.

And there are still tickets available to the Giant's game tonight.

Apparently Carnival does not think it will be over by the 5/24/09 Splendor Sailing. Looks like Splendor will be returning to San Francisco on 5/4/09, 5/18/09, and 5/25/09:

http://www.sfgov.org/site/port_page.asp?id=61732

Howdy Lemonade Cruisers,

I hope you get off the ship soon and have a FANTASTIC, thick, juicy steak and whatever beverage makes you happy!

I know things haven't gone according to plan, but I'd still rather be there than here looking at my bare concrete floors because we took on water during Tuesday's monsoon!:rolleyes:

Take lots of pictures!:D

Apparently Carnival does not think it will be over by the 5/24/09 Splendor Sailing. Looks like Splendor will be returning to San Francisco on 5/4/09, 5/18/09, and 5/25/09:

Ouch...!!! Not looking good for my tanning. Good thing I live in the desert. At least I'll have forewarning to pack some warm clothes.

Hey, Winnefred! I just found this thread today and have read it non-stop. What an adventure you guys are having.

If you get a chance, tell Al and Pechez that Cathy (cwr322) said, "Hi".

Thanks for this thread. It has been very interesting reading!

I hope you guys have a good time tonight in SF.

Maybe they are just taking precautions just in case this is still going on.

Personally, I'm hoping the above link is accurate, because i'll actually be able to jump on the awesome deals if the May 24th sailing is changed due to cancellations and sail on the Splendor twice this year.

Maybe they are just taking precautions just in case this is still going on.

Personally, I'm hoping the above link is accurate, because i'll actually be able to jump on the awesome deals if the May 24th sailing is changed due to cancellations and sail on the Splendor twice this year.

I think so, too, I'm sure Carnival is just planning ahead. Gotta cover their bases so they're not scrambling to find ports on the 24th if Mexico is still "closed." I'm giving it 50/50 at this point. I'd really really like to have some weather.

Thanks for the link; I'll be keeping an eye on this page. My gf and I are supposed to be sailing on Splender on May 31st to celebrate her graduation.

Hopefully, Mexico will be "open" by that time; we're from the Bay Area, and don't really want to drive to Long Beach to sail back home LOL.

Now is a great time to try and get to that Platinum level if at all possible. Dang, if this was in a year and 1/2, I would be back in So Cal. and I'd be booking RCI too, to get close to Diamond.

Archived