Tired of all the complaining, I am!

As I am sure there are some of you like me, I am tired of all the complaining going on on this board. Do I have to read it, not all of it but some have snappy titles that will draw you there just to find out the gripe is on again.

I too am diamond but while I don't like the changes, I have to understand them. As a business owner, the climate sucks today and unfortuately, ALL OF US, including households as well as businesses, have to change our way of thinking and priorities.

Could RCCL have done a bit better in handling the situation, quite possibly. Do I like the fact they are taking perks away from us they have given before, well yes BUT if RCCL does not make $$$$, there will be no RCCL for all of us RCCL LOVERS to cruise on.

Everyone is happy with a price drop but those that are wishing RCCL bad carma and hope customers stop cruising with them might want to reconsider what you are wishing for.

Please, no flames, this is just my opinion and no I am not a Royal Champion. I would like others to respond with opinions but lets keep it nice.

Tim

As I am sure there are some of you like me, I am tired of all the complaining going on on this board. Do I have to read it, not all of it but some have snappy titles that will draw you there just to find out the gripe is on again.

I too am diamond but while I don't like the changes, I have to understand them. As a business owner, the climate sucks today and unfortuately, ALL OF US, including households as well as businesses, have to change our way of thinking and priorities.

Could RCCL have done a bit better in handling the situation, quite possibly. Do I like the fact they are taking perks away from us they have given before, well yes BUT if RCCL does not make $$$$, there will be no RCCL for all of us RCCL LOVERS to cruise on.

Everyone is happy with a price drop but those that are wishing RCCL bad carma and hope customers stop cruising with them might want to reconsider what you are wishing for.

Please, no flames, this is just my opinion and no I am not a Royal Champion. I would like others to respond with opinions but lets keep it nice.

Tim

You are glad they are taking away perks??????:mad:

Tim

I totally agree with you.

However..I understand the other's disappointment too.

RCCL, in my opinion, still offers MORE than any other cruise line to their "Loyals" (even with the cutback)

However..like I said..I can understand the disappointments from the one's that had perks taken away on some of the ships.

The "Diamond Lounge" is still offered on the Freedom and above class.

I believe RCCL is trying very hard to correct things. If and when the economy gets better..I feel the "Perks" will start coming back. (at least I hope so

I am not a Diamond Member yet, I'm Gold. Am I upset that I don't get a chocolate on my pillow or a hat. NO. It's ridiculous. I am very happy with a price drop. I have already gotten 2 for my Sept. cruise. I can afford to buy a hat, a drink and even an entire box of chocolates if I wanted them. I am tired of the whinny also. If you add up all those chocolates on the pillows, thats a great deal of money. I'll take it in a Price drop thank you.

I just ignore them mostly, but I think the whole C&A 'perks' program was fundamentally flawed anyway, thus the reason they had to adjust it, so I am not particularly sympathetic to those that may have lost some of thier perks.

As a for instance, someone who has cruised for four nights can have more cruise credits than I, who have now cruised 24 nights (and yeah, probably paid a lot more money to do it too).

Oh, and you can check out the "Cruise credits for 4 nights??" thread and see what I mean about the inequity of the program.

But I am NOT complaining. I will likely never cruise with RCI enough to become diamond, or even platinum for that matter so I don't honestly care.

My loyalty is with whatever line has the best and newest itinerary's and RCI is losing my interest.

then why start another thread on the same old, worn out topic?

HEAR HEAR!!

Admin moves the old thread, and voila, yet another. Is there not a saying about sleeping dogs.............

HEAR HEAR!!

Admin moves the old thread, and voila, yet another. Is there not a saying about sleeping dogs.............

My apologies as I must have missed most of them.

Mods, if this is over the edge, please remove, I am sorry.

Tim

Archived