3rd and 4th person rate

mgmigs

does princess discount the 3rd and 4th person in a room like the other cruise lines do? if so, is there any set percentage off?

Gone are the days of the $199/$299/$399 etc 3rd and 4th person fares.

You will find that depending on the cruise they are almost full fare (maybe 75%).

does princess discount the 3rd and 4th person in a room like the other cruise lines do? if so, is there any set percentage off?

On our Thanksgiving Ruby cruise, one party in our group had a triple. Third person discount was $100.

On mot cruises, Princess does offer lower fares for the third/fourth passenger in a cabin. Note that Princess and other lines limit the number of third/fourth passengers on a cruise, so it is important to plan ahead.

Gone are the days of the $199/$299/$399 etc 3rd and 4th person fares.

You will find that depending on the cruise they are almost full fare (maybe 75%).

True that is.... my brother has his 2 children in his mini-suite and they are paying close to full fare for the kids.

Really think it depends on the individual sailing, but we have found that Princess does not generally discount the 3rd/4th person as much as some other lines do.

We paid $519 for the third person in our mini-suite to Alaska this Summer on the Island. Last four cruises since our daughter was born have all been on HAL as we have gotten much better 3rd person rates with them. Princess finally had a decent 3rd person fare so we decided to go back to them this time around.

If you can believe it, I had to pay more for daughter as 3rd passenger. Husband and I got $899 past passenger rate, but daughter had to pay $999 since they won't give PP rate to 3rd in room. But good deal overall and can't wait!

We have an adult son who likes to cruise with us occasionally. We have found that NCL always offers a great rate for the 3rd, etc. persons so that is the route we go when he is traveling with us. We'll save the Princess cruises for just the two of us.

I'm just wondering why most cruise lines don't make it more affordable for families to travel together in one cabin?

It depends on the season. We are booked on the CB in July out of Brooklyn and the 3rd and 4th pay the full fare. In looking at a Princess Cruise out of Ft Lauderdale in November, The 3rd and 4th pay $399, $499 or $599 depending on category. If you check the cruise you want on the Princess web site, you can see the fares for each of the 4 passengers in a cabin by category.

We are going on the Star on the 17th of next month and we got 50% off for the 3rd person. We booked directly through Princess.

Bottom line is that not all cruises are created equal. There are 3rd person discounts on some and none on others. There are deep discounts on some and very little, if anything, on others.

Also, to mgmigs: Carnival, HAL and Princess are not the same company. They are very different corporations, each running their businesses independently. The only thing that's the same is that if you own CCL stock you get OBC from each line.

i don't get it? you would think since CCL, Princess and HAL are all owned by the same compnay that this would be the same for all.
By your logic, Wheaties and Cheerios should be exactly the same and cost the same because they're both owned by General Foods.

CCL, Carnival Corporation and PLC, owns a number of different cruise lines, each of which is different, managed separately for the most part, and offers a different cruise experience. Carnival, HAL, Cunard, Princess, Windstar, Seabourne, P&O and Aida. They're also in competition with each other so why would they offer the same pricing and pricing policies?

If you can believe it, I had to pay more for daughter as 3rd passenger. Husband and I got $899 past passenger rate, but daughter had to pay $999 since they won't give PP rate to 3rd in room. But good deal overall and can't wait!

same for us! 3rd person's rate was $100 more.

Princess' pricing for the 3rd person in a room is causing us to look very closely at other lines (even though Princess is our favorite). We booked a Europe cruise with NCL rather than Princess because of itiinerary (sailing from Istanbul to Barcelona allows us to spend extra time in both cities, and we didn't see such an itinerary on Princess) and cost (mainly 3rd person cost). 3rd person in a minisuite on our NCL cruise was less than $200. With Princess, 3rd person in a minisuite for a 12 day European cruise would have been about $1,700.

When Princess has good cruise deals, it is not unusual to see the 3rd/4th person rates at more than the first 2. I understand that Princess has a pricing formula that is designed to maximize their revenue, but I doubt that their customer base is so much different than NCL, HAL, Carnival that they would have such different pricing for 3rd/4th passengers. The price can't be based on the cost of the 3rd/4th passenger, since the most valuable/limited commodity that Princess is selling is space and the 3rd/4th passenger don't take up much additional space (they don't take up any additional cabin space). The incremental cost to feed, entertain and clean up after the 3rd/4th passenger has to be pretty small.

Archived