Disembarkment in Southampton, England?

phabric

We will be on the Grand in July 11-18 doing a 7 day Scandinavia cruise. This cruise is only offered once and this year twice a year.

I would like to know around what time we can disembark the ship. The Princess' book says "disembark am". I plan on taking the National Express back to London so will need to know what bus to get tickets for.

Two years ago I believe we were off the ship by 8:00... Best to not book National Express too early however. If I remember their policy, if you book a specific bus and miss it, you lose your fare. If you book a later one and show up early however, if there is room they will let you on.

Also, check the National Express website for (what I think they called) 'Fun Fares'. We used them for a London-Portsmouth transfer and hardly paid anything. They also had them for London-Southampton. We stayed in Portsmouth a couple of days, then took a bus on to Southampton to board our cruise. If you have time, a couple of days in Portsmouth is also it is a wonderful town.

Lorraine

After having some difficulty with our luggage last year taking the train from Milan to Venice we decided to use the National Express bus from Heathrow to Southampton next week for our Med cruise. In your experience is this pretty user-friendly? I don't want to buy tickets ahead of time in case our flight is delayed. Thanks.

Unless things have changed, all of the National Express routes to London stop at Heathrow first. You might save some time and effort by taking the train instead.

They don't, they have specific coaches that just go to Heathrow and Gatwick. I use the Cardiff to London coach regularly and they have never stopped at Heathrow.

Archived