Caribbean Princess - Brooklyn Departure

Docswiffy

Hello! Quick hi-jacking of thread, won't do it again!

On May 24th for the Caribbean Princess I am coming from Jersey City and my friend, who's picking me up!, is coming from Lyndhurst, NJ. There is a Roll Call for the May 24th sailing, but mostly it is about Sabrina's wedding and the Boston Bruins [?].

Though I want to leave a wee earlier, my friend wants to leave Lyndhurst at 11:30am, which with NO traffic would get us to the pier about 12:15pm. I really did want to have a formal lunch in the dinning room if it is open before we sail. We'll see!

HLR

Those of you on the CB last summer. 10:30 is a reasonable time to assume we'll be disembarked?? That's what I heard on another post, so I'm just checking.

If you are referring to the voyage that had electrical problems last September, yes she did sit at anchor near the bridge in NY until she was tugged to the pier and they started disembarkation about 10:30am. I'm sure all the problems have been fixed.

On the other hand if you are referring to the normal time they start disembarkation it is closer to 7:30 for walk-offs and 8:00 when the rest with bag tags start moving.

On the other hand if you are referring to the normal time they start disembarkation it is closer to 7:30 for walk-offs and 8:00 when the rest with bag tags start moving.

Then I guess I should have the driver there earlier. Let's put it this way--what's the latest we can get off the ship before they throw us off?

• 2 weeks later...
We're going on the 24th as well, it shouldn't be so bad. Most of the ships for fleet week are in the Manhatten ports (West side and South Street) and Staten Island. But it's still Memorial Day weekend so I think there will be traffic anyway. Where are you coming from?

Hi Mommy :)

Lol. Isn't there a Yankee game on Sunday as well? That may back up the bridge and the deegan a bit.

Been working way to hard and traveling for work have not had time to look at these boards in a long time! We are leaving June 11th - So looking forward to this trip..first time though no port tours booked ...just going to relax and go with the flow..get off the ship and visit the local beaches...Also planning on trying to book the santuary for the week..don't even want to bother with looking for a chair by the pool and need really comfy ones due to a back problem.

Going to go and checkout the rest of the crew leaving that day as well!

Evryone seems to be worried about what time they can board the ship!

Maybe I am crazy but my biggest, and final, worry is whether or not there will be a parking spot when we get there. Can you imagine, after all the excitement and anticipation, arriving at the parking lot and no place for the car!

We are overnighting in Brooklyn and will be at the pier at or before 10 am. This should, hopefully, allow us to get a spot from someone who has just disembarked.

I know, I know, everyone says that this is not a problem and the lot is NEVER full but you have to take into consideration my luck, OR LACK THEREOF!!! Hence my concern.

A few hours at the pier looking at the ship and walking around is nothing in comparisson to not having a parking spot. Paranoid? Probably, but until that car is safe I will not rest easy.

Of all the complaints I have read on CC this would out do them all put together. I can just see me now, Standing on the Brooklyn Pier waving good bye to my wife and friends as they sail away without me (and my car)! :eek:

Evryone seems to be worried about what time they can board the ship!

Maybe I am crazy but my biggest, and final, worry is whether or not there will be a parking spot when we get there. Can you imagine, after all the excitement and anticipation, arriving at the parking lot and no place for the car!

We are overnighting in Brooklyn and will be at the pier at or before 10 am. This should, hopefully, allow us to get a spot from someone who has just disembarked.

I know, I know, everyone says that this is not a problem and the lot is NEVER full but you have to take into consideration my luck, OR LACK THEREOF!!! Hence my concern.

A few hours at the pier looking at the ship and walking around is nothing in comparisson to not having a parking spot. Paranoid? Probably, but until that car is safe I will not rest easy.

all the complaints I have read on CC this would out do them all put

Of together. I can just see me now, Standing on the Brooklyn Pier waving good bye to my wife and friends as they sail away without me (and my car)! :eek:

Rest assured the lot does not fill, they even tell you that when you call the lot.

Wilfros..I'm with you...will be parking there for the cruise duration (May 24th) and am paranoid about the lot.

Your wife is probably like my husband....not worried in the leat about it! Thats because they know we'll do the worrying!

Will be taking the Academy Bus from Burlington, NJ (Weshampton) directly to the pier for the 24th sailing. Anyone else taking this bus or has used this transportation in the past?

Hi,

What is the Academy bus? Is this arranged through Princess? We are from Delaware and driving up to Brooklyn and it might be an option.

Thanks,

Cynthia

Wilfros..I'm with you...will be parking there for the cruise duration (May 24th) and am paranoid about the lot.

Your wife is probably like my husband....not worried in the leat about it! Thats because they know we'll do the worrying!

You and I are cursed with the Awesome burden of Responsibility. It is a dirty Job BUT someone has to do it!

I am also going on the May 24th cruise. Have sailed out of Red Hook several times. No problems with parking. Also this is the first cruise out of NY, so there should be no cars in the lot. As I understand it, this lot is for cruise ships only so there are plenty of spaces. See you on Sunday

Kathy

Hey LunaSeaRetreat - Cynthia-

We arranged the Academy Bus through our TA who arranges the bus directly with Princess. I don't know if they have a pick-up in Delaware but they do have in Philadelphia and we get ours in Burlington, NJ (exit 5 NJTKP) Cost from NJ was $79 round trip p/p with FREE parking.. Can't beat it !!

We arranged the Academy Bus through our TA who arranges the bus directly with Princess. I don't know if they have a pick-up in Delaware but they do have in Philadelphia and we get ours in Burlington, NJ (exit 5 NJTKP) Cost from NJ was $79 round trip p/p with FREE parking.. Can't beat it !!

This sounds great ... We live just across the Betsy Ross Bridge from Philly. I'm going to check into it.

Thanks for the info. Since there are four of us it will be less expensive to drive and park. I'll make sure I look into it next time.

Cynthia

Archived