How can they skip Mexico?

Duncarob

Wasn't this originally a thread about the cruiselines not stopping in Mexico...and not about passports?

Just sayin...

If someone is going to give incorrect information, someone else is going to post the correct information. Cant stop that.

Maybe folks are bored with talking about missing Mexico too, running out of things to say about it?

Well since you stated you had a passport, of course you will take it.

Does that mean the Passport Debate is over? ;) BTW, when the cruiseline says you must have a Passport and I do have a Passport then I am going to take it and there is no controversy. Not really worth arguing with them about. Pretty easy in my book. Now, Back to the Topic...How can they Skip Mexico?

I think calling some random person at Carnival and getting the answer you possibly want to hear and showing up for your cruise based on that info without a passport is a huge mistake. We recently had to get FIVE passports and it was a BIG expense. Some would say if you can't afford the passport then just don't cruise, but if you can find a way to cruise that doesn't require one, it would be a great option for folks who are struggling financially. I know it seems as though most folks who post at this site are independently wealthy, some of us aren't.

Does that mean the Passport Debate is over? ;) BTW, when the cruiseline says you must have a Passport and I do have a Passport then I am going to take it and there is no controversy. Not really worth arguing with them about. Pretty easy in my book. Now, Back to the Topic...How can they Skip Mexico?

Yep, debate is over, you dont need a passport on a closed end cruise.... but Im bringing my mastercard per big duck.

Skipping Mexico? When are they going to start skipping NY and Texas and CALIFORNIA> THEY ALL HAVE THE SWINE FLU TOOOO>

Heck, I think all the schools in Dallas and Ft. worth or something are closing down. In Richardson they are closing all week.

Maybe they need to ban people from the ships that live in a city or near someone with the flu.

Fred and the rest sound like they are making Lemonaid and spiking it appropriately.

WTG Fred and Co.

Carole

I agree! Good for them! I would definitely be bummed, but what else can you do? What would happen if Carnival didnt stop going to Mexico and people got sick? They would be complaining that Carnival didn't care if they got sick, etc. etc. I know it is easy to comment when you are NOT on a cruise that has been affected by these kinds of changes, but I am just the kind of person that would be happy to be on the ship, even if we just went in circles...although i wouldn't be TOO happy about going into gold weather and not have the right kind of clothing...:rolleyes:

I dont know if you guys realize this, but I have been on a lot of cruises and on a few there was either a sick passenger or some passenger had an emergency. If that happens and you dont have a passport, you aren't flying out of that country. THAT'S A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if you guys realize this, but I have been on a lot of cruises and on a few there was either a sick passenger or some passenger had an emergency. If that happens and you dont have a passport, you aren't flying out of that country. THAT'S A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In certain situations, such as medical emergencies, they may grant dispensation and allow you to fly home. Even so, it is a tedious process and not something you want to deal in time-critical situations. IMO passports are cheap and eliminate all of these types of problems.

Maybe its time for cruise lines to payoff our goverment to get rid of the Jones act. They would save some money, time and fuel if they diden't have to do tec stops before returning back to the USA.

They need it to be voided for cruise ships only. The law also applies to airlines..........which prevents Lufhansa from transporting passengers from NY to LA.

So what do you do, become a citizen?

Archived