Beach in Aruba?

kiska

I'm hoping to get some suggestions here, because it looked like the Aruba port of call board was not very lively. Stopping in Aruba for the day, considering doing horseback riding (have done it twice there in the past, but the price seems to have gone up significantly), but mostly would like to know what hotel to go to for a nice beach? In the past I recall going to Radisson, but I wasn't too impressed, and heard lately that the service there has gone downhill. Any thoughts comments or suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

If you are looking for a beach where you can rent chairs and someplace to eat as a non-guest, you are pretty much limited now to Moomba Beach Bar on Palm Beach.

Or, you can purchase a day pass to Renaissance Island.

You don't need to pay a hotel to use the beach! The beaches are public, and there are chair and umbrella rentals, as well as restaurant/bars along the beach. Public restrooms are there, too. True, you won't be able to use the hotel pools, but there is a pool on the ship!

We had a taxi drop us off and taxis were waiting to bring us back....cost us about $24 for 2 lounges and an umbrella. (Can't remember what we paid for beer at the surfside bar!!!! Must have had alot!)

I mean, you can pay a hotel, but you don't have to!

cb_at_sea, do you remember which resort you went to? That's really basically what I'm looking for - beach chair and umbrella/covering. Pool doesn't matter, beer will be a nice to have for the bf, but not that important. Do you remember if the beach was nice? Thanks!

It's true that the beaches are all public. However, the hotels have gotten very strict regarding chair and palapa rentals due to complaints from the paying guests.

You can go to the Aruba forum on tripadvisor and confirm this.

cb_at_sea, do you remember which resort you went to? That's really basically what I'm looking for - beach chair and umbrella/covering. Pool doesn't matter, beer will be a nice to have for the bf, but not that important. Do you remember if the beach was nice? Thanks!

When we were in Aruba in Feb it was VERY easy to walk out of the port terminal to the right and then across the street to the Public Bus and for $2.30 pp(I think that was the amount or REAL close to it) we got a round trip ticket and got off at the Amsterdam Manor and walked cross the street to Eagle beach which was beautiful. Lounge chairs were for rent at $6 each. There was also some umbrellas/coverings but we didn't use them. When we were ready to leave we just walked to the sidewalk where the bus stop was and hopped on the bus and it took us back to the bus terminal where we had gotten on. Unfortunately our port stop was only a few hours so we were only there for a short time but we will be going back there the next time our cruise stops in Aruba. You can use the restrooms at the Amsterdam Manor and also get drinks and/or food.

You couldnt pay me money to go to Aruba. What a dump.

Whilst you are welcome to your opinion of Aruba, why do you bother to post something that is just not germane to the question? The OP has been to Aruba before, is going again of his own free will, and is asking for advice about what to do while there.

We also went to Palm Beach in front of the Holiday Inn. No problem getting there, you just walk across and down the street to the bus station and find the bus that takes you down the hotel strip, get off at the Holiday Inn, walk the Path to the beach, find a piece of sand and enjoy. The pier has a few shops and a bar at the end where you can have lunch. Good food there ( try the Grouper Bites)

Thanks everyone for the reply. I ended up doing something completely differernt - we're going to go on a sail and snorkel tour with the Jolly Pirates. But I will get to see MooMba beach and swim the blue waters, so it's all good! On a side note, in case anyone else is curious, my parents were in Aruba on their cruise in March, and they liked the Radisson.

Archived