Passport

Hey. Just wondering will I need my passport at all during my cruise? Im going on a Hawaii cruise but since its in the US, will I need my passport? And will I need it at the airport? I have mines but jsut wondering if I will need to use it. Thanks

Hey. Just wondering will I need my passport at all during my cruise? Im going on a Hawaii cruise but since its in the US, will I need my passport? And will I need it at the airport? I have mines but jsut wondering if I will need to use it. Thanks

travel wholly within the US(which includes the 50 states, PR and the Virgin islands) including on an American Flag ship doesn't need a passport. If however your plane has a stop in Canada or Mexico it is required.

Are you going on the NCL cruise around the Islands? Are you a US citizen, and flying to hawaii from the US mainland?

If so then no passport/BC required.

If you are doing a one way cruise to/from hawaii (from Ensenada or vancouver), then a passport will be required by US CBP after June 1,2009 for entry into the US.

Aloha,

John

According to the Jones Act, all ships that call only on USA ports must be flagged in the USA. Since very few if any cruise ships are flagged in the USA, I would assume that you indeed are calling on a foreign port (Mexico maybe?). In that case you will need your passport when you reenter the USA.

According to the Jones Act, all ships that call only on USA ports must be flagged in the USA. Since very few if any cruise ships are flagged in the USA, I would assume that you indeed are calling on a foreign port (Mexico maybe?). In that case you will need your passport when you reenter the USA.

except the OP is traveling on NCL's Pride of America which is US flagged-its in their signature. no mexico stop needed.

No passport needed. Take your driver's license if you don't want to carry your passport. As you said, you are traveling within the U.S.

The OP does not need a passport as he is cruising the Hawaiian islands, not visiting a foreign port and IS on a US flagged ship. Your info is misleading in this specific case.

Archived