So what's "not so good" to eat on Carnival?

I'm not a big dessert fan, but I think the diet cakes and almost all of the cakes are terrible, especially that diet orange one.

I like the WCMC okay, but it's too rich for me to take more than 1 or 2 bites.

My favorite is usually only available on embarkation day in the buffet and it's key lime pie

I was really disappointed in the bitter n blanc. When I 1st decided to try CCL I read a lot of trip reports and kept seeing rave reviews for bitter n blanc. Had no idea what it was so I did a search on CC boards. Couldn't wait to try it, but to me it was dry and tasteless. I wasn't wild about lido deck burgers and what's with the sugary sweet sauerkraut for the hot dogs? Isn't sauerkraut suppose to have a little tangy taste to it? I was disappointed to see watery OJ listed here. Thought I had just gotten some from a batch where the kitchen had added too much water the one day I tried it. can't believe they serve that every day - must dangle an orange on a string in 40 gallons of water to make it that watery. Sounds like a lot of complaints, but luckily my "Yummy" list is much longer. One more thing - grilled cheese on room service menu. Didn't expect it to be hot or even warm, but cheese wasn't even melted and it had some kind of white stuff on it...mayonaise maybe ?? yuck.

Why didn't you like the cheesecake?

My husband is a cheesecake fanatic (rated just above butter tarts and peanut butter cups) and prefers dense baked cheesecake like Oma used to make.

I need to know if it sucks, so I can bring along some back-up peanut butter cups and toss one at him now and then!

Oma would be ashamed to call Carnival's version "cheesecake." ;)

Funny, when i typed my first post about hating their cheesecake, I was mentally comparing it to a homemade one baked by one of my tiny German comminity's bona-fide 'Omas'. I'd kill for a slice of that cheesecake right now!

You better stock up on the Reeses.

Did not like the Chateaubriand steak on either cruise I have been on. It was more like roast than steak.

Baked potatoes were not cooked enough for my taste as well.....

From now on will stick with NY strip and french fries!!! No complaints from me there.:D

The only thing that I have eaten or tried. Would be the lamb in the buffet area. In the dining room it was very good. In the buffet I wasn't even able to cut it it was so bad. The little piece I was able to get off wasn't bad, but could not be cut. Everything else my wife or I have ever had has been great.

Wasn't the Filet [a loin cut] replaced by the Flat Iron steak[a shoulder cut]?

The photos point up to me the wide variety of problems that can be associated with a single cut of meat in a banquet environment.

Carnival's supper clubs use a better quality meat and are able to pay much closer attention to the preparation.

Steaks should be cooked and served ASAP, AT HOME, or in a real Steakhouse.

NO full menu restaurant on the planet has a really good steak.

Nope.

The NY Strip was replaced by the Flat Iron. On the eight-night menus, the NY Strip then replaced the beef tenderloin (this menu doesn't appear on the 7-night or less cruises).

Yeah, the cheesecakes leave much to be desired.

But, I've found the best cheesecake on board is actually the one they serve from room service. That one is more than decent...actually pretty tasty (and with a nice texture, to boot!) :)

Sugar-free Pumpkin pie!

There was not a hint of pumpkin in it. Tasted like butterscotch pudding with some plain gelatin mixed in it to firm it up. Other than the orange color and a crust, it had no other similarities to a pumpkin pie.:eek:

But, I've found the best cheesecake on board is actually the one they serve from room service. That one is more than decent...actually pretty tasty (and with a nice texture, to boot!) :)

Reprieved! Reprieved!

Thank you!

If you ever travel on NCL's Dawn, the best cheesecake and the best coffee is in the Blue Lagoon.

I love salad and I thought the salads on Destiny were terrible. The salad bar at the buffet had old cucumber slices leftover from the previous cruise (they were browning and almost transparent) and wilting iceberg lettuce. When I ordered a salad in the main dining room at lunch, the menu promised "mixed greens" but I literally got a hunk of iceberg lettuce with a tomoto wedge and a piece of cucumber.

I guess it's a good thing we all like something different. I like the chilled apple curry soup and usually get two bowls at a time but I know a lot of people don't like it.

We always get the Eggs Benedict with the sauce on the side and ask for fresh ones and it usually works.

When we ask for scrambled eggs or omelets either on the Lido or in the MDR we ask for whole fresh eggs not the liquid stuff they use and it makes a huge difference.

I did not like the dining room scrambled eggs. They tasted like they were not real eggs but powdered eggs.

I agree about the Baked Alaska. Both of us who ordered it looked at each other and said that it looked more like a Neopolitan Ice Cream cake.

You decide:

Baked Alaska

2768448530103786376S600x600Q85.jpg

Funny, I got off the ship thinking I liked the food. Reading this thread and reflecting on it, maybe not so much. I agree the Coffee, Tea, were horrible as were the buffet eggs, actually half the buffet food. I did try some lamb that I normally do not like, off the buffett, and it good? The dinning room was good, I didn't order it, but several at my table, including my daughter did not like the Prime Rib, very fatty. I was disappointed with the baked Alaska as well.

My DGrD and her friend both loved the room service cheesecake too. They would each order a pc. before going to bed each night on our Pride cruise. They both said it was better then the cheesecake served in the MDR.

Being from louisiana and being a cook . i can say that i was not impressed w/ any of the food on the cruise.

we have fresh seafood available nearly year round and i don't know what they are trying to pass off as prime beef but it aint.

Everything was bland to us (luckily i had brought a can of tony's w/ me )

We did not try the supper club ,But will on our next cruise.

When you cook for the masses you can't season to taste. (This is why the supper club food has taste) .

i did ask the maitre d about getting some seasoning in my food.

he did tell me that if i came down the day b4 each meal and ordered our meal that they could cook it w/ some taste.

might have to try this next cruise.

Allmost wish they'd let me in the galley to cook my own food.

Only problem w/ that would be that all the other passengers would be jealous when they smelled my food as they brought it out.

Luckily, we know that when we go somewhere besides home not to expect great food . then we are suprized when we get great food .

we allways ask for the chef and congradulate them on an outstanding dish when something impresses us .

If the food is good you will see it in peoples faces when they take a bite.

I don't like the lobster bisque in the dining room, nor most of the deserts (MDR or Lido, and I LOVE deserts :confused:). The cheesecake is the worst I have ever eaten: I don't even think it should be called cheesecake.

The hashbrown round thingy's are not too good either.

I haven't had anything bad in the Supper Club, and most of the food in the MDR is pretty decent.

Hehe, goat cheese is delicious and people should give it a try. Don't think of it as pizza, think of it as a gourmet flat bread if that helps you feel better about it ;) After all, mozzarella is as much a "cow's cheese" as chevre is a "goat cheese".

I totally agree on the coffee. I am convinced it's so horrid especially in the dining room so that they can convince you to buy the nicer kind for a fee.

Mozzarella is made from buffalo milk traditionally so not a cow cheese.

(luckily i had brought a can of tony's w/ me )

Glad we are not the only people who bring extra spice. Some Crystal Hot Sauce in the bag and at the MDR along with our Tony's.

Lido deck eggs are not the best.

I liked the duck. A lot!!

Honestly, I haven't found a dessert that I like. They all look good, but none have really tasted as good as they look...yes, even the chocolate melting cake...don't flame me all you CMC lovers...I just don't like it.

Archived