How is the Sushi on the Jade?

goose&mav

I am an absolute sushi/sashimi addict.

My question is, will the Jade have good sushi and where can I go to get it? I will go to a specialty restaurant, as I can't live without it for the 2 weeks... Also, is it better to eat sushi at the beginning of the trip or does it not matter about freshness issues?

Thanks for the advice!:)

It will be frozen so no freshness issues - I'd be interested to hear comments on the quality as well. I'm addicted to it as well. I visit Japan a lot on business so I've also got spoiled on quality so I don't want to pay if I'm going to be disappointed....

I find it is very good, the tempura rolls are fantastic.

They open at lunch on sea days.

Also you can have it as an option in the rest of the Asian area if your traveling companions would prefer the regular menu.

They have been running a NCL U sushi/saki tasting for $15 some sea days lunch time.

Thanks for the replies!! Do you think the quality is good?

Was on the Jade in March and I must say, it was some of the best sushi we have had - and we have a fantastic place right in town that is IMHO better than Nobu. Although the rolls were not too imaginative, they were delicious. The sashimi was some of the freshest we have tasted (and we live at the beach with fishing ports). It may be frozen, but tasted sooooo fresh. As a matter of fact, the hamachi was so good, that we ordered more, then more, then more sashimi at each dinner. We ate there twice, once on the first day, once near the end of a nine day sailing, and found the quality to be the same both times. Enjoy it!

Robin

Was on the Jade in March and I must say, it was some of the best sushi we have had - and we have a fantastic place right in town that is IMHO better than Nobu. Although the rolls were not too imaginative, they were delicious. The sashimi was some of the freshest we have tasted (and we live at the beach with fishing ports). It may be frozen, but tasted sooooo fresh. As a matter of fact, the hamachi was so good, that we ordered more, then more, then more sashimi at each dinner. We ate there twice, once on the first day, once near the end of a nine day sailing, and found the quality to be the same both times. Enjoy it!

Robin

Robin-- Thank you for the reasurance. I really didn't know how I was going to get through 14 days without high quality raw fish!!!!:D

Archived