3 in 1 jacket from lands end

Hellolost

I read a post about how this is a great jacket for our cruise to Alaska. However I cannot find the post and I have looked all over lands end site and can't find the jacket either.

Can someone please provide me with a link to the jacket.

Thanks!!!

Both Lands End and L.L.Bean have these jackets with the inner zip-out layer. Lands End calls them "weatherly system" jackets now and L.L. Bean calls them 3-in-1 jackets. Both have great quality. I have bought jackets from both sites many times. Also useful for Alaska are the light rain jackets in which you can layer over a sweatjacket or hoodie. I've been to Alaska twice and have been happy with one of the lighter Polartec wind-resistant jackets and a L.L. Bean Trail Model rain jacket over it when it rains. The key is to layer so that you don't have to pack too much.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/WeatherlySystemJacket~188788_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::KHA&CM_MERCH=IDX_00007__0000001029&origin=index

This is a very warm jacket when the lining is in place. The lining comes out to make a light weight jacket and also a raincoat. It should be more than warm enough for glacier watching. The rest of the time I'll be wearing either the jacket lining or the raincoat alone.

If the link above doesn't work: http://landsend.com > Outerwear > womens > scroll to the bottom of the page - last item

I did find a jacket at Lands End called a 3-in-1 squall jacket. Looks very nice. When I entered 72 jackets per page it came up much farther down the page than the weatherly system jacket that the previous poster listed.

The 3-in-1 jacket is $99.50. So just scroll down farther. There are a lot of jackets to look at. My 28 y.o. daughter has a squall parka and wore it in Alaska and loved it. She wore it dog sledding, etc., but did prefer something lighter a lot of the time. She also wore the parka coming into the glacier as the ship was moving. It was very cold then. She now lives in Colorado so gets more use out of it than she did when she lived here in California.

I don't know how to add a "link" or I would have for you.

This jacket is warm. I think it's comfort level is something like -5 degrees if using both the inner and outer layers. I really like the inner jacket the best and will probably wear it on cold days if it isn't raining. The outer raincoat will be perfect for rainy days. I'll wear a sweater under it instead of the lining. Does that help? Oh, no thermal underwear.

The jacket I was referring to is normally $139.50, on sale for $69.99. You can type in the item # 31262-7A65 to find it quicker. The squall jacket referred to in the post above is item # 24075-9A62.

I don't know where you live but I went to The Burlington coat factory here in Santa Rosa, CA and they have all kinds of jackets. I got one for me and one for my husbamd, (3 in 1) for 29.00 each. Good luck!

I have the Lands' End 3 in 1 squall and love it! I ordered one for my husband too and he's taking it to Alaska.

Also - check Ebay! I bought mine at the local Lands' End store but found my husband's on Ebay for 1/2 price ($46.00) wih free shipping. It came in brand new, in mint condition.

How does the Lands End Womens Storm Watch Rain Jacket compare to the Weatherly for Alaska use. The Storm Watch appears to be a lighter jacket, but a fleece could be worn under the Lands End Storm Watch rain jacket.

How does the Lands End Womens Storm Watch Rain Jacket compare to the Weatherly for Alaska use. The Storm Watch appears to be a lighter jacket, but a fleece could be worn under the Lands End Storm Watch rain jacket.

Have a few lands end jackets:

Outrigger - with mesh and 1 fleece lined( http://www.landsend.com/pp/OutriggerJacket~191815_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ORA&CM_MERCH=IDX_00008__0000000043&origin=index)

Storm Watch - not lined

Weatherly system 3/1(http://www.landsend.com/pp/WeatherlySystemJacket~188786_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HGE&CM_MERCH=SRCH_00001&origin=search)

Squall Jacket - 3/1(http://www.landsend.com/pp/WindfallSquallSystemJacket~187694_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::LYB&CM_MERCH=SRCH_00001&origin=search)

(Family with 4 kids that likes to hike - we have a few jackets!:))

My favs of the 4 are the weatherly and the outrigger. The storm watch is very similar to the outrigger - but I find that is not quite as breathable. However - in an absolute downpour for a couple of hours will keep you dry. The outrigger - more breathable - (in the mesh lined version) and good for a bit of rain - but not hiking for hours in a downpour. The storm watch I have does not have the adjustable cuffs - just elastic - cannot tell if the latest version has the adjustable cuffs or not - thats a major drawback for me. Also have the outrigger in a lined version. This version does not have the zip out - rather it is integrated. An all around almost perfect weight jacket, breathable, warm for chilly temps (30-50's) can be worn with a base layer and will keep you a bit warmer, very good rain resistance (have been in several downpours and stayed dry - however does not hold up for hours of rain as eventaully thematerial cannot keep up). For Alaska - would think either of the outriggers would be perfect.

Neither of those in the unlined versions are very warm and if it was cold, rainy and windy - you would definetely want to layer under them. We ussually order the mens versions as they seem to be a bit roomier - womens tend to be more "fitted". So if your after more "style" than stick with the womens - I prefer the mens - and of course my boys wont be caught dead in a womens jacket:))

The weatherly 3/1 is a beautiful jacket. The lining zips out and it can be worn as an outer shell - with the lining in - its pretty warm. Again for VERY cold temps you can also layer under the weatherly. With the sale on right now - this is an outstanding buy.

The squall is very similar - although different - not as comfortable as the weatherly and seems to be a tad less bulkier. Hard pressed to say squall/system versus weatherly system - given the price weatherly would be my choice.

These jackets compare very favorably to the marmot/columbia hi tech jackets. I actually prefer the outrigger to the marmor preclip in many instances. They are not as light/packable from a hiking stand point (where you are trying to minimize weight ect) but are up there in quality/comfort and value.

Hope this helps.

Is anyone able to compare the Eddie Bauer WeatherEdge jacket to the Land's End Weatherly? The Eddie Bauer is just a lined rain jacket, Land's end is 3 in 1. Both are priced the same. Is it a better deal to get the Land's End or is Eddie Bauer known for being better for water resistance?

I just purchased the lands end Weatherly in black for $69.99....yesterday lands end was having a promo for Cinco De Mayo.....the promo code still work today...at least as of 5 minutes ago. :)

If you want to save at least $10.00 use....

Enter promo code MAY5 and then enter in PIN 00008563 in the space provided when you check out.

Thanks for the promo code I ordered the 3 of the weatherly system coats and saved the shipping.:) I would not have know about free shipping except for you Johnsdeere. We live in UT and will be able to use after Alaska what a great bargain.

I love my Lands' End 3 in 1. I find it's very comfortable if I wear it unlatched as two jackets - the fleece under the windbreaker top. It seems bulky when it's all latched up as one jacket and fits alot smoother as two separate layers.

I lucked out and found a brand new Lands End "WeatherEdge" jacket at a thrift shop for $10. It's apparently a summer version, as it has no zip-out lining, but I figure I can add a fleece jacket or sweatshirt under it if it's cold.

You're more then welcome everyone. Whenever you purchase anything on line....in the address bar just type in the name of the company...and then promo codes... For example... Lands end promo codes. The web will then do a search and provide you links of different sites that have the promo codes. It cost you nothing for them...there are so many forums out there with different promo codes. ;) I've saved a ton of money doing this.;) I hope you all do in the future as well :)

My Weatherly jacket and fleece gloves showed up yesterday, and I'm just thrilled with them. I can't imagine a better coat for the price. And I love all the pockets. I just wish I had known about the Weatherly shoes when I placed my order.

My Weatherly jacket and fleece gloves showed up yesterday, and I'm just thrilled with them. I can't imagine a better coat for the price. And I love all the pockets. I just wish I had known about the Weatherly shoes when I placed my order.

There's still time to buy the shoes. ;) And they are on sale. :)

I, too, ordered the weatherly 3 in 1 at a great price and with free shipping!

Oh, I'm so excited I cannot stand it however, I believe the anticipation is all a part of the journey!

Happy cruising to all (in their weatherlys):D happynewbie

Archived