When are formal nights?

sealegs2008

Hi,

I am going on Millennium on the 29th May (Alaska) and want to pre-book the Olympic speciality dining. I don't want to book for the formal night and so plan to book two concecutive nights and then cancel one if it turns out to be such a night.

On a 7 night cruise is there a set pattern of when are formal and smart casual?

Thanks

Steve

Warning: This is *totally* a guess and is based upon my experience sailing lines other than Celebrity and locales other than Alaska... So please take with a grain of salt.

I looked at your itinerary:

Day 1 Vancouver depart 5:45

Day 2 Cruising Inside Passage

Day 3 Ketchikan 7-3

Day 4 Juneau 8-9

Day 5 Skagway 7-8:30

Day 6 Icy Strait Point 7-5

Day 7 Cruising the Hubbard Glacier

Day 8 Arrive in Seward

My guesses would be day 2 and day 6. Formal night is never on embarkation day. It is unlikely you would have two formal nights in a row (so not day 2 and 3) and day 2 is pretty likely because it is a sea day. Days 4 and 5 are unlikely because you are in port so late. Day 7 is at sea again, but I have never experienced a formal night the day before disembarkation because everyone should be packing not dancing ;)

Hi,

I am going on Millennium on the 29th May (Alaska) and want to pre-book the Olympic speciality dining. I don't want to book for the formal night and so plan to book two concecutive nights and then cancel one if it turns out to be such a night.

On a 7 night cruise is there a set pattern of when are formal and smart casual?

Thanks

Steve

The second night out is pretty much a statndard. Technically after that is at the discretion of the Captain but every Celebrity Cruise I have been on had a formal night on the next to last night of the cruise.

Archived