Good ideas on how to surprise DH about our next cruise?

I am wanting to surprise my husband on our cruise this month with a homemade brochure. I have been saving secretly for over a year and want to surprise him with a cruise next year.

I was going to give him the brochure on our cruise the end of this month and was trying to come up with a cleaver way.

I was wondering if the cabin steward could help me, by placing the brochure next to the towel animal, so when we come back in the cabin that night, DH will see it and read it. Do you think I could ask him and he would help out?

Then I was wondering if there would be a way I could get it on the serving tray for room service one breakfast.

If those won't work, then I guess I just have to give it to him one night while we are sitting outside underneath the stars.

Any thoughts, sugggestions?

So you are going on a cruise....but want to treat your husband to another one in 2010? Is that the plan?

Personally I would wait until after this cruise. Maybe think of something "fun" to do in the privacy of your home;) Lots of things come to mind:)

Could you have the steward set it out for him? Or have it put on the room service tray? sure

For Christmas one year I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with tickets to a hockey game. I bought a pack of Reese's Peanut Butter cups (his favorite), carefully opened up one of the sides, slid the tickets in underneath the little carboard, and sealed it back up with a touch of glue. He definitely didn't see it coming at all and it was a nice surprise. You could try something like that on or off you're upcoming cruise.

Good luck with it!

:eek::eek::eek:

So you are going on a cruise....but want to treat your husband to another one in 2010? Is that the plan?

Personally I would wait until after this cruise. Maybe think of something "fun" to do in the privacy of your home;) Lots of things come to mind:)

Could you have the steward set it out for him? Or have it put on the room service tray? sure

Where did you get that idea? If that's true, DW is right. I'm senile!:eek:

I think it's GREAT! DW giving a wonderful gift to her DH!

Yes, that is right. It will be his birthday and our 25th anniversary in 2010.

His birthday is 2 days before our anniversary.

I have been making the "brochure" almost most of the evening tonight and it is looking good.

Maybe I can have a cake ordered and delivered and have me standing there with the brochure after he gets the door and wonders why we are having cake in our cabin. LOL

I agree with the other poster who said to wait until you are home. My reasoning is, once you are home you both will be in the mode of wishing you were still on the cruise -- and anxious for another.

Maybe send it to him in the mail? You could send it certified so he has to sign for it. I'm assuming you'd be sure to be there when he'd receive it. It's just an idea, if you could arrange the logistics.

Or, you could have a Princess brochure of the destination region (or some other travel brochure) and slip your brochure inside. Then sit down with him on the pretense of perusing the various options for your next cruise...and then, voila, look -- it's all planned!

If you really want to present it during this cruise, you could also leave it with the steward (or leave it with a note for him) and ask that he place it on the bed w/the usual chocolates when he turns down the bed.

:D

I have bought a 2 night cruise for my friend and I to travel on at the end of this month.

I am giving her the cruise on her birthday (12th May) and we travel on 29th May.

I purchased via eBay a birthday card with a photograph of Norwegian Jade and I have constructed a word document which I will put into a folder and wrap for her.

The document has details of me collecting her from home and us travelling to the Port to meet the ship. It then has where we are going and details of the ship and what we can do on board if we want to. All the way through I have tried to build the excitement. Lots of pictures cut and pasted from the NCL website to make it colourful and pretty. Pictures of the bars and restaurants with the descriptions and so forth.

She has never cruised before and I think she will love it!

Just some thoughts.

Jean

I agree with the other poster who said to wait until you are home. My reasoning is, once you are home you both will be in the mode of wishing you were still on the cruise -- and anxious for another.

:D

That's was my thinking exactly.

It's always a.."Ooh on the ship we'd be waking up to the sounds of the sea right now" ..OR " Wonder what they are being served at dinner tonight?" -type comments a few weeks after cruising in OUR house. Or we look at the photos and reminisce.

Seems that that would be a nice time to surprise your DH. Can you imagine, if you got a cd or tape of ocean sounds and played it one morning while you were in bed....had a tray of juice and coffee waiting to serve him in bed..along with your brochure! There are soooo many more FUN things that you could devise at home. I'd let him enjoy the first cruise as planned and then let him dream forward to the next. :)

I'd be hoping too that nothing goes wrong on this cruise to make him say.."I'll never cruise again!" HA Only kidding.

How about talking to the Cruise Director on your upcoming cruise to set something up during on eof his chats with th epassengers. I'm sure he'll have an idea. He would love it.

:D Just be sure your next cruise is booked on that cruise line. :) Could be a bit awkward when the CD asks which ship/when and you answser it's on a different cruise line. :eek: :D

That's pretty obvious. I tried this once and it had an unusual ending. I decided to surprise my wife with a cruise so I called her boss and arranged the time off without her knowing. I then purchased the cruise from the TA I was using then and asked her not to tell my wife about it. I came home from work about 5 days before the cruise and I could tell by my wife's look that something had happened. Sure enought the TA had called and asked for some info. The cat was out of the bag. I called the TA back and mildly let her have it and she apologized. She then said to me "You are taking your wife aren't you"? I said "I am now".

Did you ever use that TA again?

Rather sloppily ruined your fun surprise! :eek:

Oh my goodness...... Imagine if you had Not been taking your wife. Whoa.......

Perhaps you could check with the Maitre D. Ask that when the

desert menu is being delivered to your table, that the Waiter

instead give your personal cruise brochure be given to your husband !

This would be especially personal if you were dining at one of the

speciality restaurants !

I'd be a bit concerned about trying to have it delivered with room service

delivery. There is too much chance it could be misplaced.

I also like the idea of having a special cake delivered to your cabin

and you could answer the door and slip the brochure onto that tray.

The whole idea is so thoughtful ... good for you !

Did you ever use that TA again?

Rather sloppily ruined your fun surprise! :eek:

Oh my goodness...... Imagine if you had Not been taking your wife. Whoa.......

She retired shortly after that event. She did send a bottle of wine to our room which didn't do much good either since we don't drink. I would hate the thought of me drinking on a cruise. I'd be on the news for sure. Yeah. it did ruin the surprise but DW really appreciated the effort. I guess it would have been interesting with the latter. At least it makes a funny story.

If your cruise line does the "will you marry me " on the movie screen, maybe they would do a "would you cruise with me" . It would sound so romantic ! ( fitting with your anniversary) and as the camera zooms on your DH, a waiter could bring champagne and your brochure ! The cruise sales dept. might like the idea catching up , you could start something.

Those are great ideas. I like the one about the dessert menu. We are doing the any time dining and maybe we could wait for a table for two and have it done that way.

The movie screen would be too funny. I don't know if I would be able to contain myself waiting for it to happen. I would be so excited and probably start laughing for no reason. LOL

Feel like I am trying to propose. Now I know what the guys feel like when it is time to pop the question.

Archived