Ultimate ship tour, CB?

terri1020

Yes, I returned home from the Caribbean Princess yesterday. I did the Ultimate Ship Tour for $150. It was limited to 12 people and held on Thursday afternoon (during our stop in Antigua). The tour was wonderful and I would highly recommend it! We visited many very interesting areas of the ship and received gifts during the tour. The tour concluded with a tour of the bridge conducted by the captain and a champagne reception on the bridge. Also, a ship's photographer took photos during the tour and gave us copies of the photos (us with the captain, in the ship's funnel, in the engine control room, on stage with two of the dancers).

There was a sign-up sheet at the passenger services desk that we signed immediately after boarding. There is a "drawing" to select who will particpate in the tour.

This tour was one of the highlights of the cruise for me.

Chuck

I take its 150 dollars for 2 people...(I hope)?????:confused:
Per person, and worth every penny, IMHO. It says a 3-hour tour but we were on ours for almost four hours. Fabulous. I'd do it again.

I think so,but only 12 people which are selected from a drawing,can go on the tour,so it takes a lil bit of luck too;)

Not so on the Star--only 10 of us signed up and we were the ones who took the tour--6 men and 4 women----just about 3 weeks ago

Also, there was only one Chef's Table on a 2-1/2 week cruise--no drawing for that either--just 10 signing up

Looks like folks are hanging on to their money with a tight hand--probably a lot smarter than I seem to be

Nancy:D

Not so on the Star--only 10 of us signed up and we were the ones who took the tour--6 men and 4 women----just about 3 weeks ago

Also, there was only one Chef's Table on a 2-1/2 week cruise--no drawing for that either--just 10 signing up

Looks like folks are hanging on to their money with a tight hand--probably a lot smarter than I seem to be

That might be unusual, but I don't know. When I went to sign up on the Sapphire right after embarkation, there were already 7 people on the list and there were still 24 hours to go for sign-up. I'm pretty sure there was a wait list for ours.

That might be unusual, but I don't know. When I went to sign up on the Sapphire right after embarkation, there were already 7 people on the list and there were still 24 hours to go for sign-up. I'm pretty sure there was a wait list for ours.

It's really strange--from everything I had been reading about the tour I knew we should race to the sign-up sheet as soon as we embarked--we did --there were 2 names on it before we signed--we asked a couple of times when the names would be released--we wanted to know if we were going to be lucky ones--they put us off for awhile and then told us that someone had the list and that we would be notified within 24 hours--there was never more than 10 names--I'm thinking that they are drawing out of a hat.

Same deal with the Chef's table--only once--and we were some of the same as on the ships tour--with these two things happening about 3 weeks ago it makes you wonder what is going on. I was sure a believer and wanted to be chosen--they were only waiting to hope for more names.

Pam--looks like you live somewhat in my area--I'm in Seal Beach--Old Town--when you area was pretty new I sold some homes there--was always lost !!!

Nancy:D

I was on the Crown on 4/19 and was the first to sign up, thanks to all you CC's that turned me on to this once in a lifetime event. It was everything and more. I spoke with a crew member that said they actually pick the first twelve that sign up and not out of a hat. This crewmember also said that thanks to Cruise Critic they always fill up very fast. This crewmember also said she really appreciated CC because it kept them on their toes.:rolleyes:

I think approximately 25 people signed up for the tour on the Caribbean Princess last week. Thus, half the people who signed up for the tour were able to take it. The cost is $150 per person.

Chuck

seacruise9 did you have second seating in the palm dining room? Im wondering if you were sitting behind us, we were the "Coke guy" table.

My brother-in law "coke guy" did the tour and loved it, would do it again in a second. The $150.00 fee is how you look at it. The bath robe you get on the tour is priced at $90.00 plus and if you price pictures the tour you are definately getting more for you buck. His only disapointment of the tour was you cant go to the engine room due to security reasons but other then that worth going for.

I know in an earlier thread it was talked about all the "free stuff" that went along with the UST. Is that still the case? My wife and I plan on taking the tour (I hope) and I am just curious.............

Archived