Ultimate ship tour, CB?

terri1020

Can someone tell me more about this tour? Where exactly it takes you, what they tell you and what they give you? I am almost as curious about what they are giving me as where they are taking me!

I don't know if the freebies are guaranteed--I was surprised when they all showed up after the tour

Our tour was 4 hours long beginning in the Princess Theatre and--wich I could remember--but I think we may have ended on the Bridge with the Captain--or maybe in sick bay with the Dr.---so much to see--much that you may not photograph--some tours won't let you take a camera with you--ours did--but--you were told when to put your camera away--for sure no ophotos in engineering or the bridge--hope if you take this tour that you will really be excited by what you see--so much to see !!!!!!

4 hours is a long time--NO CHAIRS--just keep moving !!!!!--also, lots of stairs--not too much in the way of elevators down below--or the crew would not be waiting around for one to show up--just use the stairs

Nancy:D:D

Nancy Freeze

I was on the Crown 4/19/09 and took the tour. Our tour lasted 4 hours, we were not allowed to bring cameras but we received 4 pictures of our group at the bridge, princess theater, smoke stacks and with the engineer. If you have any problems with walking or climbing stairs you may have a problem. We only sat down once at the beginning of the tour in the Princess Theater. We were all given a Chef's jacket, an upscale Princess robe, stationary and cards with our names on them, a Princess bag and of course the 4 pictures. In the Galley were were given champagne and petit fours. At the end of the tour we were given canapes and champagne at one of the clubs. They had the area roped off and we felt like MVP's. It was a fantastic tour and it seemed that each officer that we visted truly appreciated our interest in their section and enjoyed showing off their work. It is totally worth 150 dollars.

I was on the Crown 4/19/09 and took the tour. Our tour lasted 4 hours, we were not allowed to bring cameras but we received 4 pictures of our group at the bridge, princess theater, smoke stacks and with the engineer. If you have any problems with walking or climbing stairs you may have a problem. We only sat down once at the beginning of the tour in the Princess Theater. We were all given a Chef's jacket, an upscale Princess robe, stationary and cards with our names on them, a Princess bag and of course the 4 pictures. In the Galley were were given champagne and petit fours. At the end of the tour we were given canapes and champagne at one of the clubs. They had the area roped off and we felt like MVP's. It was a fantastic tour and it seemed that each officer that we visted truly appreciated our interest in their section and enjoyed showing off their work. It is totally worth 150 dollars.

I was just on the Cb a few weeks ago and saw this and we were curious about the "gifts" mentioned. It seemed pricey for just tour.

Back in 2005, we sailed on the Tahitian Princess.Our first ever cruise and was our 5th annivesary, so we decided to do the package..anniversary/honeymoon or whatever they call it. It was $495 and we got the following:

-2 deluxe bath robes (the $90 version) I was expecting the thin waffle robes so was surprised to get the nice thick ones. We kept them wrapped up during the cruise and just used our cabin robes for the trip.

-canapes delivered to our room every evening before dinner (sometimes it was savory stuff and others it was chocolate strawberries

-2 30 minute treatments at the spa.

-champagne, chocolate strawberries and rose delivered to our stateroom onevening of our choice..we did it on our actual anniversary night

-champagne breakfast in bed any morning of our choice- we actually had it served on the balcony rather than in bed. very nice

-8x10 framed formal portrait

The "extra" we were not expecting was an invitation to tour the bridge. We received this secretive letter one morning to arrive down a hallway close to the bridge area. we were told not to tell anyone beforehand. It was just me, my DH and another couple. I think they were honeymooning and may have also purchased the same package. Not sure. anyway..we got a full bridge tour by the first officer and met the captain as well when he came in. we were allowed to take any pictures we want so we did. Took one with the captain as well!

I don't know what the current package includes and cost, but seems to me if you want some of the gifts and not just the tour..perhaps this package would be a better deal than spending $300 for a few gifts..unless yo are really into the tour areas as well. Since we already have the robes, that would cover the most of teh cost of this tour and I don't know if it is worth the tour alone. Our robes still look brand new so they do hold up. Would not need another set!

Anyway..thanks for sharing!

We did the Ultimate Ship's Tour a couple of weeks ago on Coral. It was an amazing experience that lasted nearly 5 hours - well worth every penny.

There were 12 in our group but because more wanted to do it, they ran a second tour a few days later - I know because my friend did it then, after hearing from us how good it was.

Go for it - it's a bargain.

Not so on the Star--only 10 of us signed up and we were the ones who took the tour--6 men and 4 women----just about 3 weeks ago

Also, there was only one Chef's Table on a 2-1/2 week cruise--no drawing for that either--just 10 signing up

Looks like folks are hanging on to their money with a tight hand--probably a lot smarter than I seem to be

Nancy:D

So this is available on the Star Princess as well already? We had called earlier, and they said that it wasn't an option yet on the Star.

We did the UST on the Emerald in January. It was great. We got all the gifts the above poster indicated (bath robe in a tote bag, chef's jacket several 5x7 group photos and a photo with the Captain, note pad with our names on it) and hung out with the Commodore on the bridge for an hour--that was very cool. Luckily they held it on an at sea day, always toward the end of the cruise, I think cuz then there is room to walk thru the food storage areas. We also went behind the theatre, up the smoke stack, to the engineering control room, galley, food storage, photo printing centre, printing room, etc...) We didn't find out until the day before that we got to go. The gifts were delivered the next day. Keep in mind that those bath robes weigh about 5 lbs each! It was worth the $150 to do it once. We signed up first thing on board.

Just did the Ultimate Ship Tour on the CB. It was awesome and worth the price. We signed up at the Passenger Services Desk (formerly the Purser) as soon as we got on. We were fourth on the list. The tour was advertised in the Princess Patter and signing up closed at 4 pm the follwoing day. Our tour was at 2 pm on the first sea day. We were notified the night before. They said there was a lottery but I am not sure if it was first come, first serve.

Our tour was led by the deputy cruise director Samantha.

We were accompanied by a ship's photographer.

Stops:

Princess Theater-Met by Technical Director-explained scenery, sound, lighting, and special effects.

Then went behind stage to dressing room where the dance captain and two costumed dancers told us about costumes, and their routines.

Then went below stage to see elevators.

Photo of group with dancers.

Medical Center-Tour led by Chief Physician-saw wards, X-ray, lab, ICU, and treatment room.

Photolab-Saw how photos are printed.

Print Shop-Saw how Princess Patter is printed. Presented with personalized pad of stationery.

Laundry-Saw pressing machines, huge washing machines, driers, and amazing sheet and towel folding machines. Presented with suite quality bathrobes which were brought to our stateroom for us.

Galley-First part of tour conducted by Executive Chef-saw all food preparation areas.

Second part conducted by Chief Purser-saw food storage areas including going into 18 degree meat locker. Presented with Chef's Jackets which were brought to bridge for us.

Engine Control Room- Tour led by Chief Engineer who must have answered twenty or thirty questions about propulsion and fire safety. Picture with the Chief Engineer.

Funnel-Met by Staff Captain (second in command). Climbed several ladders until we were behind the logo. Picture of group in the funnel.

Bridge-Tour conducted by the Captain. Explained all of the instruments on the bridge. Group picture and individual pictures with the Captain. Got to speak with him one-on-one for twenty minutes to a half hour. Had champagne, juice and canapes with him.

Tour lasted approximately 3 1/2 hours.

We developed a new respect for what it takes to make the cruise safe and enjoyable. Would definitely recommend the tour.

Just did the Ultimate Ship Tour on the CB. It was awesome and worth the price. We signed up at the Passenger Services Desk (formerly the Purser) as soon as we got on. We were fourth on the list. The tour was advertised in the Princess Patter and signing up closed at 4 pm the follwoing day. Our tour was at 2 pm on the first sea day. We were notified the night before. They said there was a lottery but I am not sure if it was first come, first serve.

Stops:

Princess Theater-Met by Technical Director-explained scenery, sound, lighting, and special effects.

Then went behind stage to dressing room where the dance captain and two costumed dancers told us about costumes, and their routines.

Medical Center-Tour led by Chief Physician-saw wards, X-ray, lab, ICU, and treatment room.

Print Shop-Saw how Princess Patter is printed. Presented with personalized pad of stationery.

Laundry-Saw pressing machines, huge washing machines, driers, and amazing sheet and towel folding machines. Presented with suite quality bathrobes which were brought to our stateroom for us.

Galley-First part of tour conducted by Executive Chef-saw all food preparation areas.

Second part conducted by Chief Purser-saw food storage areas including going into 18 degree meat locker. Presented with Chef's Jackets which were brought to bridge for us.

Engine Control Room- Tour led by Chief Engineer who must have answered twenty or thirty questions about propulsion and fire safety. Picture with the Chief Engineer.

Funnel-Met by Staff Captain (second in command). Climbed several ladders until we were behind the logo. Picture of group in the funnel.

Bridge-Tour conducted by the Captain. Explained all of the instruments on the bridge. Group picture and individual pictures with the Captain. Got to speak with him one-on-one for twenty minutes to a half hour. Had champagne, juice and canapes with him.

We developed a new respect for what it takes to make the cruise safe and enjoyable. Would definitely recommend the tour.

Thank you for the tour details; it sounds awesome and we hope to do it on Ruby.

Are the pictures included in the tour price?

The pictures were included in the price. They were 6 x 8 and were delivered to our cabin. My wife and I each got a set of pictures. Enjoy your cruise.

Glad you enjoyed the tour--we sure loved ours--we weren't given any gifts until about dinner time--when we returned to our room--photos, heavy robe, chefs jacket--a reversible tote bag--I want to think there might be something else--but great anyway----

Nancy:D

Stops:

Did the tour on the CB May 17th sailing...Yes all the gifts etc...lasted 4 hours. The most interesting part was the laundry....I didn't know they had a machine to press and fold bed sheets.....same for napkins...They took their time on the tour...we were not rushed.

I also have a 10 yo son who I think would enjoy this tour. I hope they will allow him to take it.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to get to the ship as early as I can to sign up for this, the chef's table and the sanctuary! I won't have any money left to do anything ashore but I don't care! ;)

Here's a link to an article about UST.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na966

Our group would like to do it on the Golden in July and hope we are all selected as we are a group of 4. I wish they would allow us to take photos in some of the places. I scrapbook and that would make some good pages or tell some fun stories....

Archived