Just booked a guarantee cabin

jrobinso

I have just booked a guarantee cabin. My question is if you don't have a cabin assignment before you check in, how do you get reunited with you luggage. Since we hand off our luggage to the baggage handlers at the dock, our luggage will have tags on them with only our names. Will our luggage eventually find us????

Also, do you usually have your cabin assignment before you get to check in, or is it usually a surprise?

thank you.

I have just booked a guarantee cabin. My question is if you don't have a cabin assignment before you check in, how do you get reunited with you luggage. Since we hand off our luggage to the baggage handlers at the dock, our luggage will have tags on them with only our names. Will our luggage eventually find us????

Also, do you usually have your cabin assignment before you get to check in, or is it usually a surprise?

thank you.

Most times you will have your cabin assignment before you leave for your ship. Keep checking the Princess Personalizer as it will show up there as soon as it is available.

IF by some chance you don't have a cabin assignment before you leave, the porters will have your stateroom number when you turn your luggage over. Just bring a pen or marker with you and you can fill it in right then and there after they check their cabin roster. Enjoy!

i like the surprise of a guarantee. i know i'm going on the ship, just not where my cabin is. i've ended up in some great spots, sometimes slightly upgraded. good luck! :)

oh yes, and its always shown up on my personalizer beforehand. i have heard of others not finding out until checking in, but i think that's rare.

thank you.

When you get to the pier, the porters wll have your cabin.

One time we got to the dock in Ft. Lauderdale without having a cabin assignment. And, when a porter tried to find our names on his master list, our names were not there. So, we left our luggage with the porter and went to check in. When we got our cabin number, my DH went back outside and gave the porter our cabin number. It was a bit of a hassle, but well worth it, as we had booked the lowest priced inside cabin and were upgraded to a deluxe ocean view!:) I think it was a 14 category upgrade!:):)

We had a gurantee room booked on our last cruise. We checked our luggage with the porters as usual with the room number we thought we were in and upon check in, we were surprised to find that we had been upgraded to a much better room. We had to eventually go down and get our luggage at the room we had on our tags marked with. Our name was on the door so we took that off too. No complaints from us to get that nice of a last minute upgrade to a midship Caribe deck balcony!

This is our third cruise and always book guaranteed. Previously we found out a couple of weeks before. This time we were assigned a cabin right away. Does anyone know is it likely to change even within the same category. We don't sail until Dec 4th.

Archived