Suggestions on what to do to get my mind off cruise. It's 10 months away!!

DTC

I'm driving my husband and son absolutely nuts!!! I'm on this site all the time reading all the funny stuff to them. Looking at Carnival's site, trying to decide what to book next.

I need some suggestions as to what else to think about. I have a NASCAR trip coming up in July and I've been trying to think about that, but I just keep going back to the cruise. Man, I just can't wait!!!!!

To top it...we have an aft wrap booked.

HELP! I might not live long enough to go on the cruise if I keep it up.

I'm driving my husband and son absolutely nuts!!! I'm on this site all the time reading all the funny stuff to them. Looking at Carnival's site, trying to decide what to book next.

I need some suggestions as to what else to think about. I have a NASCAR trip coming up in July and I've been trying to think about that, but I just keep going back to the cruise. Man, I just can't wait!!!!!

When you find out the remedy to being addicted to CC and cruising you can let the rest of us know, my phone # is 555-CRUISE :D

your just one of us. convince your hubby you are a cruise junkie . dont fight it and do all the surfing and being on the board as you want. that is the only thing that will cure you, besides getting on the ship of course :D or booking another cruise as was suggested. dont worry, it will get here before you know it. :)

I know how you feel, I have a cruise in Oct but can't talk about it because it's a surprise. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost blown it by bringing up something I have read on the boards lately. I need to start focusing on our Summer getaway in August and stop focusing on the surprise cruise, I honestly don't know what I would do without CC :)

Well your among friends at least!:D There are a fortunate few that get to cruise 4 or 5 times a year on the boards, but most of us end up waiting months to cruise just like you. :( All I can say is be active on your roll call thread, or start one if there isn't one yet, and come commiserate with the rest of us on a regular basis...It will help!

I need some suggestions as to what else to think about.

Hump like crazed bunnies.

It might not take your mind off the cruise, but at least your husband won't mind your obsession so much.

I wish we could do a short cruise this summer. My hubby was one of the unfortunate-fortunate ones who got laid off from his job last October.....luckily he had another one within the week. So vacation is a little scarce!! We actually have to take some unpaid days for our Feb cruise. Like you've said....it will be here before I know it.

Our friends are coming with us too!! I'm sure I'm driving them nuts, also.

:D

I've certainly gotten some awesome advice on CC.

Thanks guys!! tick tock tick tock tick tock:rolleyes:

I have been like that for over a year, but now my cruise is just a little over a month away. Time does pass...nothing helped. Sad thing about it, I was/am on here instead of doing things I should have been doing, like housework....auurrrghhhh!!

Like a few others have said, you're joining the boat just like the rest of us, cruising the forum and have cruise fever. But just read the boards like you are, there is nothing wrong with that. I read these boards every day and it just gets me more excited about the trip! And yes, we're looking for a short on to go on in October or November. We'll have to see about money though.

Hump like crazed bunnies.

It might not take your mind off the cruise, but at least your husband won't mind your obsession so much.

:eek: Whow.. I was going to suggest a 3 night cruise or a second job but if the above poster has provided you a better option I guess I would go with his advice..;):D

I just spent the last 10 months researching the ship, the ports, and general cruise info for our cruise this Saturday. Yay! I now have printed Word documents of all my favorite tips and tricks, sorted by area of the ship and by port. I also have a 2-page packing list in an Excel spreadsheet.

Anyway, if you plan something fun to look forward to each month, the waiting won't be so bad. We've taken lots of camping trips and quick trips to Disney World between the time we booked our cruise in late June of 2008 and now.

I understand exactly what you mean. My cruise is 7 months away and I'm on this site everyday reading about my ship and ports too. You would think that since I'm going to Vegas this month that I'd be more focused on that but that couldn't be farther from the truth. All I care about right now is this cruise.

It's so good to hear that others are as addicted as I am. As cruise-a-holics, I guess the first thing to do is to admit we have a problem and that is what we all have done. As for solutions, I really have none except that I too have started my Cruise Book for our upcoming March, 2010 cruise. I already have maps, excursion descriptions, a budget, deck plans, current booking documents, insurance documents, copies of the Capers (all 8 days) and a printed sign (Fore and Aft with arrows) that I paste on the cabin wall.

We bought the cruise voucher on our last cruise a month ago and that helps a bit to relieve the waiting pain. A couple of weeks later, we booked our cruise and that helps too.

Also do the roll call thing. We already have 4 cruisers signed up and we still have 10 months to go.

I also put a big picture of the Miracle as a computer screen background so every time I put on the computer, a tear comes to my eye. Then I go to my pictures of past cruises and scan through those.

Every other day or so, I go through the excursion descriptions and pick the excursions we will do. Then I change my mind and redo the selections.

Each night I do the John Heald blog and that also helps. Then I go to the Carnival Home page and see the number of days to go. I would do the Fun Pass but I usually wait until final payment.

I also do the ship locator and the ship cameras but alas, the Miracle does not have the camera so I do the Freedom which was the last ship we were on.

I'd do the suit cases but my wife gives me "the look" and you know how that goes. She gets excited about about 4 days before the cruise. She packs the night before and it nearly drives me crazy.

Oh and I nearly forgot. I also have put up a sign "Cruise Central" on the Guest Bedroom Door. I have also posted the "Bring Along" list and a timing plan for departure day since we drive to the port just a couple of hours away. A month or two before the cruise, I lay out all my clothes in that room to be taken on the cruise.

So you can see, there really is no hope for me. I'll just sit here at the computer with the cruiser shakes. Thank God for Cruise Critic.

I am in the same BOAT:pas you! I swear,this darn ticker won't go faster! I've checked it five times today and it still has the same amount of days.:DIf you find a solution let me know too!

It's so good to hear that others are as addicted as I am. As cruise-a-holics, I guess the first thing to do is to admit we have a problem and that is what we all have done. As for solutions, I really have none except that I too have started my Cruise Book for our upcoming March, 2010 cruise. I already have maps, excursion descriptions, a budget, deck plans, current booking documents, insurance documents, copies of the Capers (all 8 days) and a printed sign (Fore and Aft with arrows) that I paste on the cabin wall.

We bought the cruise voucher on our last cruise a month ago and that helps a bit to relieve the waiting pain. A couple of weeks later, we booked our cruise and that helps too.

Also do the roll call thing. We already have 4 cruisers signed up and we still have 10 months to go.

I also put a big picture of the Miracle as a computer screen background so every time I put on the computer, a tear comes to my eye. Then I go to my pictures of past cruises and scan through those.

Every other day or so, I go through the excursion descriptions and pick the excursions we will do. Then I change my mind and redo the selections.

Each night I do the John Heald blog and that also helps. Then I go to the Carnival Home page and see the number of days to go. I would do the Fun Pass but I usually wait until final payment.

I also do the ship locator and the ship cameras but alas, the Miracle does not have the camera so I do the Freedom which was the last ship we were on.

I'd do the suit cases but my wife gives me "the look" and you know how that goes. She gets excited about about 4 days before the cruise. She packs the night before and it nearly drives me crazy.

Oh and I nearly forgot. I also have put up a sign "Cruise Central" on the Guest Bedroom Door. I have also posted the "Bring Along" list and a timing plan for departure day since we drive to the port just a couple of hours away. A month or two before the cruise, I lay out all my clothes in that room to be taken on the cruise.

So you can see, there really is no hope for me. I'll just sit here at the computer with the cruiser shakes. Thank God for Cruise Critic.

Are we twins????:eek::)

I know how you feel. I am doing research everyday for my Alaskan cruise in July. I have a weekend cruise to the Bahamas to hold me over. I go on the Carnival site almost everyday to see my countdown.

Archived