MEXICO CANCELLED untill the middle of June

Cej06466

I really feel bad for everyone who got their cruise canceled today & the people who had to cancel because of the date changes. :( I hope everyone can find some way to work things out so that you can enjoy a vacation.

I also hope these are the last of the of the changes to be made by all the cruiselines, there are a lot of families the depend on our business in these Mexican Ports & hate to see them suffer even more.

I just checked the Carnival Site. They have changed the itineries for ships but the Liberty is not listed. That's funny what a type-o.

I'm on the same cruise (Lberty/May, 30). From what I've seen with what Carnival has done with the Liberty May 2 cruise....they replaced Cozumel with Roatan. Perhaps they'll do the same with our cruise???:confused::confused:

This actually worked out for my daughter and I. We were booked on the Destiny 5/14 to key West and Cozumel (4 days), but we got to talking about it over the weekend and we were wishing we would have chosen a 5 day. Low and behold! I'm now able to change my cruise without a penalty and I just booked a 5-day, leaving this Saturday!

Have to question why Carnival is making the call thru June 14th for Mexican Ports this early. Am on the Legend sailing June 7th and we lost Cozumel for an additional "sea day". I checked the ports calendars, and NO ships into Grand Caymen (June 10th) our scheduled Cozumel stop date. Wonder why Carnival doesnt give us an additional day in Grand Cayman?

I suggest a "sea day" is financially better for Carnival than serving their customers and giving them an additional island stop.....

I don't understand why some ships have pulled out of Mexico and some haven't. For ex. there are some 6/15 sailings that pulled out, but my 6/13 sailing is a go for going to Mexico. Doesn't seem consistent or right.

I just checked the Carnival Site. They have changed the itineries for ships but the Liberty is not listed. That's funny what a type-o.

I just checked and it looks like they still have the 2 ships the Elation and the Paradise are going to Mexico. These are three and four day cruises:

http://www.carnival.com/find_a_Cruise/search_Results.aspx?src=ms&dest=MB%2CMR&dat=052009

The Splendor is a seven day cruise and it also is going to Mexico, click on page 2.

Of course that does not meant they are actually going there, but as of right now the schedule has not changed.

Its right on the Carnival site under updated Itineraries... does anyone know if they are offering any OBC on Caribbean itineraries?

Why would they? It's not their fault......

I just checked and it looks like they still have the 2 ships the Elation and the Paradise are going to Mexico. These are three and four day cruises:

http://www.carnival.com/find_a_Cruise/search_Results.aspx?src=ms&dest=MB%2CMR&dat=052009

The Splendor is a seven day cruise and it also is going to Mexico, click on page 2.

Of course that does not meant they are actually going there, but as of right now the schedule has not changed.

You need to check the updated itens on the Carnival website. The cruise locator hasn't changed.They are changed at the below link however.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/itinerary_updates.aspx

Have to question why Carnival is making the call thru June 14th for Mexican Ports this early. Am on the Legend sailing June 7th and we lost Cozumel for an additional "sea day". I checked the ports calendars, and NO ships into Grand Caymen (June 10th) our scheduled Cozumel stop date. Wonder why Carnival doesnt give us an additional day in Grand Cayman?

I suggest a "sea day" is financially better for Carnival than serving their customers and giving them an additional island stop.....

I suggest that Grand Cayman regulates the number of cruise ships permitted to drop anchor and how long that ship can remain.

I further suggest that "an extra day" at Cayman would result in additional collection of port fees from the passengers....which would make some people's head explode with outrage.....

I'm on the same cruise (Lberty/May, 30). From what I've seen with what Carnival has done with the Liberty May 2 cruise....they replaced Cozumel with Roatan. Perhaps they'll do the same with our cruise???:confused::confused:

welcome to cruise critic jerseyjjs.:D Come on over to our roll call as we have a pretty good group. Look under roll calls, Carnival, Liberty, 5/30 sailing and you're there.

I wonder if it's possible they'd change it back to the original itins? I was just reading on abcnews.com about how Mexico is reopening all their "non-essential" businesses tomorrow, and how even one of the officials at the CDC thinks it may not be as big of a deal as they were predicting. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFlu/story?id=7494506&page=1

I know, I've been seeing the same thing. I was feeling pretty good about the situation, thinking maybe we would get to go to Coz on our June Valor cruise. But, no such luck :( I wonder why they are extending it out so far...that is 6 weeks. I still say the media has blown this way out of proportion.

I don't understand why some ships have pulled out of Mexico and some haven't. For ex. there are some 6/15 sailings that pulled out, but my 6/13 sailing is a go for going to Mexico. Doesn't seem consistent or right.

How do you know that? They've only posted Fantasy through June 6...and that's been changed to a 7-day also.

Keep your eye on the updates.....

So, after being on hold to Carnival for 18 minutes, I get PVP Kerri. Explained that I was calling to find out why the Liberty is not listed, gave her my sailing date and she said "oh I guess they're still working on the Liberty". I asked her if she could please find out as I've been on hold for 18 minutes and she said "well I'll have to put you on hold again for a long time because I have to find a supervisor"... So I just said never mind and hung up....

If anyone hears about the Liberty, please do tell... Thnx...

I suggest that Grand Cayman regulates the number of cruise ships permitted to drop anchor and how long that ship can remain.

I further suggest that "an extra day" at Cayman would result in additional collection of port fees from the passengers....which would make some people's head explode with outrage.....

Why would there be an additional collection of port fees? Why wouldn't port fees already collected for the now cancelled Cozumel stop be applied towards another day at Cayman. I suggest that noledave is probably correct: additional sea days = additional Carnival revenue.

Do you all think if this does "blow over" before then, that Carnival will reverse the changes and go back to Coz? Or are these new itineraries going to be set in stone?

Coz is my favorite port and I was (well truthfully, still am) a bit upset about not getting to go there. But thinking about all of the tour operators, waiters, etc there who depend on cruisers for their income..well it puts it all in perspective for me. I am sorry this is happening to them, really I am surprised Carnival has made that decision so far out.

ELAINE. I sat on hold regarding the Liberty for FORTY FIVE minutes and just hung up.

We sail next Saturday. I have a feeling they'll probably just replace Cozumel with Roatan since that's what they did on the 5/2 sailing.

Either way I'll be happy. I just don't want to go to Key West or have 3 straight sea days (which I highly highly doubt).

Either way, we're still going, still going to have a good time, get good and drunk, and party. I WON'T BE AT WORK!!!!!!

Anywhere is better than here!!!

ELAINE. I sat on hold regarding the Liberty for FORTY FIVE minutes and just hung up.

We sail next Saturday. I have a feeling they'll probably just replace Cozumel with Roatan since that's what they did on the 5/2 sailing.

Either way I'll be happy. I just don't want to go to Key West or have 3 straight sea days (which I highly highly doubt).

Either way, we're still going, still going to have a good time, get good and drunk, and party. I WON'T BE AT WORK!!!!!!

Anywhere is better than here!!!

Sounds like you have a good attitude and Roatan rocks! I recommend using Victor Bodden tours and getting a driver for the day. We did this last year and had an awesome time!

We ARE going to Key West on the Valor and I am so bummed. It's okay for adults; you can walk around and see the sights, barhop, etc. But with kids...we don't know what we are going to do that day. Belize is going to be our "sea day" so we want to do something fun. Guess i better check out the Key west board :(

Hey, you have to make light of the situation sometimes. Our group of 14 was originally scheduled on RCCL Mexican Riviera June 14th, and they changed out itinerary to San Fran, Seattle, and Canada. We cancelled, booked with the Valor and when I found out we had to trade Coz for Key West, it was no big deal. I understand a lot of you wanted to go to Coz, and I do agree this is overblown, but big business is going to go the conservative route. For all we know all ships could probably go to Coz now or next week and be fine, but as a corporation, you have to minimize risk in these situations. Have a great day!!!!

Bob

Im on the June 22 sailing on destiny. 4 day, key west and coz.... so far so good i guess. not that it matters though as im going to be on that ship:D:D:D

Ack...dont rub it in, LOL Lucky you! I swear i am contemplating booking the Inspiration in Dec just so I can go back to Cozumel. I don't blame the cruiselines; I blame mother nature and the media.

what will be really interesting to see is if the virus spreads to Caribbean countries-still a fluid situation. Its kinda of like gambling with your vacation money-some gonna win some gonna lose!

We're sailing June 13th and are actually hoping they'll cancel our 5 day to Progresso and Cozumel and change it to a 7 day to Montego Bay and Grand Caymans. :)

Jenane

We sail on May 25th... only now it is on MAY 23RD and it is SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Archived