MEXICO CANCELLED untill the middle of June

Cej06466

I wonder what Key West is thinking about all these new itineraries for the cruise ships? In a way, I am excited about going to Key West. Yes I am bummed for missing Cozumel but I think that Key West will be fun (never been there) and it sure beats another sea day! :)

Dear Carnival,

If the piggy flu is still happening on the June 22nd Imagination sailing, could we PLEASE swap Nassau for Half Moon Cay?

I promise to be the most well-behaved cruiser EVER.

Love,

umwife11

*In other words, I'm slightly bummed about POSSIBLY going to Nassau again (We sail in late June and that hasn't been posted yet). H and I live in South Florida and have been blessed enough to go on our fair share of short cruises to Nassau. We're both kind of over it.

Now Half Moon Cay....I could sail to that port for a few more years and not tire of it ;)

Eh, whatever happens happens. We'll make the best of it even if we are back in Nassau for the umpteenth time ;)

Why would there be an additional collection of port fees? Why wouldn't port fees already collected for the now cancelled Cozumel stop be applied towards another day at Cayman. I suggest that noledave is probably correct: additional sea days = additional Carnival revenue.

Because each island has it's own fee and they are all different......

Has the Jones Act really served a purpose for 40 years. I guess there is the Pride of America in Hawaii-otherwise there might have been some economic stimulus by waiving the Jones Act at least temporarily.

I'm a little disappointed that we won't be going to Ensenada. My husband and I had planned to take a private winery tour of some of the botique wineries. I guess that means we'll have to take another getaway weekend cruise! We are still going and are looking forward to NOT being at work.

I certainly feel bad for the cruisers who are cancelled. However, (didn't you just know there was a "however"), I am happy to be going to Key West....I've been told it was a "Nawlins in Florida"...makes my heart smile!

By the way, we sail on the Fantasy out of New Orleans on May 30th.

<---doing the zydeco happy dance....

what will be really interesting to see is if the virus spreads to Caribbean countries-still a fluid situation. Its kinda of like gambling with your vacation money-some gonna win some gonna lose!

I agree, I heard yesterday on the news that there is at least one case reported in Central America. Rotan Honduras is in Central America.

I really feel bad for everyone who got their cruise canceled today & the people who had to cancel because of the date changes. :( I hope everyone can find some way to work things out so that you can enjoy a vacation.

I also hope these are the last of the of the changes to be made by all the cruiselines, there are a lot of families the depend on our business in these Mexican Ports & hate to see them suffer even more.

We cancelled our 4 day cruise today. Had another one already booked in Nov. Just will have to wait until then. Will find some other place to go instead.:)

I was wondering if anyone knew why the Fantasy 06-13 cruise out of New Orleans was not included in the most recent Carnival update. The updates covered most cruises through 06-15. We were hoping for a 7 day! That will probably be the week they switch back to the regular route...:rolleyes:.

Well we are sailing on the Glory on the 16th and we are going from 4 stops to 3 with a $20 p/o obc. We are going to St Thomas and St Marten instead of Coz, Costa Maya and Belize. I really don't care but we were just there in Dec. on the Mariner. Oh well it's still a cruise:):):)

what are your thoughts on how long this will go on for, do you think it will be extended past June?
We are on the June 14 sailing of the Legend to GC, COZ, Belize and Roatan.. Rec'd notice today (from CCL), that it is now GC, Belize and Roatan, with an extra sea day to replace COZ!:o

The sailing on June 21, starts going back to COZ! :)

We were offered a cruise credit (on a future cruise) if we are not happy with the change, or $20. pp port charges from COZ as OBC!:p

I am just as sick of this swine flu BS as everybody else but just thought I should pass it along that they have cancelled Mexico Calls until the middle of June.:confused:

Yep got my email today from Carnival for my June 8th sailing 4 day frm Long Beach, Ensenada cancelled, we get a 50.00 per person obc, I can live with that. We will still have fun.

We are schedule to pay by June 17 for our August 31 sail...so far they have changed the itineary until June 14!!!...I really don't want to go up North...been there done that and don't like the rough sea too much.

Do you think this whole swine flu will end soon?

Do you think this whole swine flu will end soon?
Personal opinion, is that there are more people in the US dying of the 'regular' flu, than the 'Swine' flu, every day...:(

Guessing that the 'forward looking' dates of mid-June, pretty much signal the expected end of the 'issue'..:);)

When I go to Carnival's Itinerary updates page and click on the "Details for booked Guests" link for Valor May 24, I get an Adobe error message "This file is damaged and could not be repaired" :( I clicked on a few other sailings and get the same...can anyone else open it....pleeeze :)? What does it say?

I wonder if it's possible they'd change it back to the original itins? I was just reading on abcnews.com about how Mexico is reopening all their "non-essential" businesses tomorrow, and how even one of the officials at the CDC thinks it may not be as big of a deal as they were predicting. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFlu/story?id=7494506&page=1

I can only hope. I will miss Cozumel.

I was wondering if anyone knew why the Fantasy 06-13 cruise out of New Orleans was not included in the most recent Carnival update. The updates covered most cruises through 06-15. We were hoping for a 7 day! That will probably be the week they switch back to the regular route...:rolleyes:.

Thank you for bringing this up again! I thought the same thing... most other cruises that week are staying away, but we get to be the "guinea pigs" I guess by going back to Mexico before anyone else. I would rather stay away from Mexico, and the possibility of going to a 7 day really excites me as a bonus. Even if they kept it a 5 day, I don't want to go to Mexico. I know nothing is for sure until we actually sail, since there's plenty of time for more updates. I may get flamed for saying that I don't want to go to Mex, but I am bringing my 2 yr old and would prefer to stay away. With Mexico lowering cruise taxes trying to lure the lines back, I bet we'll be in Mexico whether I like it or not.

Thank you for bringing this up again! I thought the same thing... most other cruises that week are staying away, but we get to be the "guinea pigs" I guess by going back to Mexico before anyone else. I would rather stay away from Mexico, and the possibility of going to a 7 day really excites me as a bonus. Even if they kept it a 5 day, I don't want to go to Mexico. I know nothing is for sure until we actually sail, since there's plenty of time for more updates. I may get flamed for saying that I don't want to go to Mex, but I am bringing my 2 yr old and would prefer to stay away. With Mexico lowering cruise taxes trying to lure the lines back, I bet we'll be in Mexico whether I like it or not.

My PVP said she would let me know as soon as she gets any new info. I will let you know if I hear any updates too. My fingers are crossed for the 7 day, but will be just happy to cruise! We have been to Cozumel about 10 times cruising, so it's second nature to us. We still enjoy it every time!

It is on the update page...that sailing has been cancelled. Keep an eye on that page..... Here's the link:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/itinerary_updates.aspx

Archived