All things "Victory"

richbum

Ohhh, thank you for posting this! Do you have a photobucket account? If so, this should help post normal size pics instead of thumbnail size.

I can't wait to read your review and view the pics! We're thinking of doing the zip line in St. Kitts. Do you jerk any at the end of the zip line? Do you have to climb platforms or repel?

Yes, we really enjoyed the cruise. I also liked the way the Carnival Victory was decorated with the Seven Seas Marine Theme. I thought it had nicer decor than the Carnival Triumph.

I am working on writing a review. Right now I am trying to figure out how to post large photos instead of the thumbnail size, so that I can add these to the review. Eventually I will put our photo's and videos into a media presentation that I will also post.

These are the excursions which we did.

St. Thomas--Sightseeing and Sapphire Beach with Airforce 1 Papa Bear.

Dominica--Emerald Pool and River Tubing with Antours

Barbados--Harrison's Cave, East Coast, St. John's Church and Accra/Rockley Beach with Scenic Barbados Tours.

St. Lucia--West Coast Delight Island Tour and Jalouise Beach with Spencer Ambrose--awesome tour with the best tour guide ever!

Antigua--Best of Paradise Island Tour and Long Bay Beach with Gordan

St. Kitts--Zipline Safari with St. Kitts Tour Store

Breakfast on the Lido Deck for early risers begins at 6:00 am in the Mediterranean Restaurant. Coffee and danishes are served.

Buffet Breakfast on the Lido Deck is from 7:00-10:30 am in the Mediterranean Restaurant and from 7:00-11:00 am by the Main Pool.

If I am not mistaken, and someone please correct me if I am, that Verandah is the same deck as the bridge. So, in the aft picture, it would be (bottom to top) Upper, Empress, and Verandah on top, with the Lido deck at the top of all of them. The view of the front of the ship, it is Upper, Empress, Verandah (with the bridge) , Lido, and Spa decks.

So, in the aft pic the Verandah deck would be the deck below what looks to be solid glass? The solid glass area is that the Lido deck?

Been travelin - I noticed that the bedspread was not the nice white duvets that are on other Carnival ships. Did you have these? I will be disappointed if they aren't there as they are very comfortable!

So, in the aft pic the Verandah deck would be the deck below what looks to be solid glass? The solid glass area is that the Lido deck?

That would be my guess, as there are only three decks with aft balconies. Looking at the deck plans, I am ready to go NOW!!!

Ohhh, thank you for posting this! Do you have a photobucket account? If so, this should help post normal size pics instead of thumbnail size.

I can't wait to read your review and view the pics! We're thinking of doing the zip line in St. Kitts. Do you jerk any at the end of the zip line? Do you have to climb platforms or repel?

I just wrote a review of the Zipline Safari in St. Kitts with photos. You can read it in the St. Kitts forum at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=20440685#post20440685

There is no rappelling or climbing of platforms. The jerking at the end of the zipline wasn't too bad. I think it was the most noticeable on the River Rocker where you actually bounce back. The braking system is different as you do not need to wear a glove and hold on to the cable to brake--you simply lean back and hit springs which absorb the impact.

Edited by dz63

dz63, I would love to hear more about Spencer's tour. West Coast Delight is the Tour I will be doing and I can't wait. Did you spend extra time at Jalousie? If so, were you able to see all the sites or did you have to eliminate anything?

I will work on a review of Spencers tour in St. Lucia as my next project. I will get back to you tomorrow with lots of information and photo's about Spencer's tour and will be able to answer your questions better.

Does Victory have a deck with deck chairs other than the pool deck? The RCCL ships that we have been on all had a deck lower down on the ship where you could sit to read and watch the sea without the noise and hot sun on the pool deck. When I sailed on a Norwegian ship last year I was disappointed that it did not have such a deck.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Does Victory have a deck with deck chairs other than the pool deck? The RCCL ships that we have been on all had a deck lower down on the ship where you could sit to read and watch the sea without the noise and hot sun on the pool deck. When I sailed on a Norwegian ship last year I was disappointed that it did not have such a deck.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

The Panorama Deck, which is one deck above the pool deck has deck chairs. Also the Sun Deck (Deck 12) and the Sky Deck (Deck 14) have deck chairs. If you want a place that is more quiet, covered from the hot sun and lower down on the ship, then head to deck 3 and exit through the doors in the Atrium Lobby and you will find deck chairs there.

Who's room was that, Rob? The suit doesn't look right with you eye color:) Maybe you can wear your heart necklace:D You know I love you!!!!

Ohhh, your friggin hilarious Michelle! I love you too!!!!

Been travelin - I noticed that the bedspread was not the nice white duvets that are on other Carnival ships. Did you have these? I will be disappointed if they aren't there as they are very comfortable!

No, I'm glad to say this was not my "messy" room. I found it online somewhere. I think it is from 2003. All rooms have the upgraded bedding now.

So this is where everyone is!! :D

Great memories guys!

Michelle, I think Rob would look stunning in that suit! ;)

Hey Deb! How's things?

Hugs and Smooches my friends!

I'm a pic postin freak MaryAnn and Deb. You never know where I'll show up! LOL

CruisinJazz: Did you find it yet?

Hi Folks,

Sorry to butt in here, but we just booked a cruise yesterday on Victory that leaves in less than two weeks. We have not flown since the airlines instituted their new luggage limits and I am fretting about how much my bags will weigh. Could someone elaborate on the laundry facilities on board? How convenient? How much $? Are there ironing boards? etc... I would like to not have to pack two outfits for each day if I can help it.

Also, if we do not pack formal wear and a jacket for my husband, will we be in the minority? I don't want to feel under-dressed. We do not like to eat our evening meals at the buffet. Someone on these boards said there are no more formal nights. Is that correct?

Thanks so much for any help. Between figuring out what to take and researching excursions, I'm a bit stressed and that's not what a cruise is all about. I know the cruise will be relaxing, but the 2 weeks leading up to it are not!

Thanks again.

Laurie

Hi Folks,

Sorry to butt in here, but we just booked a cruise yesterday on Victory that leaves in less than two weeks. We have not flown since the airlines instituted their new luggage limits and I am fretting about how much my bags will weigh. Could someone elaborate on the laundry facilities on board? How convenient? How much $? Are there ironing boards? etc... I would like to not have to pack two outfits for each day if I can help it.

Also, if we do not pack formal wear and a jacket for my husband, will we be in the minority? I don't want to feel under-dressed. We do not like to eat our evening meals at the buffet. Someone on these boards said there are no more formal nights. Is that correct?

Thanks so much for any help. Between figuring out what to take and researching excursions, I'm a bit stressed and that's not what a cruise is all about. I know the cruise will be relaxing, but the 2 weeks leading up to it are not!

Thanks again.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I have not used the laundry facilities on the Victory so I do not know how much it would cost to use the machines. I am not sure how many laundry rooms they have but I did pass by one on the main deck--so they do exist.

Another laundry option is to take advantage of Carnival's special laundry promotion. Twice during the week we received a notice with our capers advertising this promotion. For $15.00 you can fill up a Carnival logo bag with all your dirty wash and give it to your room steward . Your steward will pick up your laundry by 10:00 am and by 7:00 pm you will get your wash back cleaned, dryed and folded.

The "Formal Nights" are now called "Cruise Elegant Nights". The suggested dining attire for men is slacks, a dress shirt and sport coat. Although formal wear (suits, ties and tuxedos) is not required I noticed that on our cruise the majority of the men did dress up in formal wear.

Hope this information helps and try not to get too stressed out before your cruise!

Thanks so much for the tip about the laundry promotion. That's great. How large is a Carnival logo bag?:o

Pretty good size. Like an oversize hotel plastic laundry bag. Careful though, they turned some of my white t-shirts pink!

Another laundry option is to take advantage of Carnival's special laundry promotion. Twice during the week we received a notice with our capers advertising this promotion. For $15.00 you can fill up a Carnival logo bag with all your dirty wash and give it to your room steward . Your steward will pick up your laundry by 10:00 am and by 7:00 pm you will get your wash back cleaned, dryed and folded.

Great idea! We do this and it's fantastic!!!

The "Formal Nights" are now called "Cruise Elegant Nights". The suggested dining attire for men is slacks, a dress shirt and sport coat. Although formal wear (suits, ties and tuxedos) is not required I noticed that on our cruise the majority of the men did dress up in formal wear.

Cool! I'll have my black tux on both nights! :)