All things "Victory"

richbum

I love this thread! I have pages and pages of notes... and we won't even be on the Victory for a year and a half! :)

I DO have one quick question. Are there any free/inexpensive things you'd suggest doing? We have seven families going, and only two of us are really financially stable. (My husband's parents, and my little family - because we're the oldest!) One family is in the middle of building their dream house, another just bought a house and is completely renovating it... and both families have young children! The other three couples are still poor college students. Anyways! Because it's a Christmas cruise the cruise + airfare for each of them is going to be $1200-1300 per person, so I'm trying to find ways to NOT spend a lot of money in port.

Thanks in advance! :)

I suggest going to the "Ports of call" part of the website and browsing through each port and finding things that look enjoyable, and most posts will allude you to a price, or you can just ask.

A few of the days (St. Thomas/St. Kitts/Antigua) we went to the local shops right off the pier and then found a resonably priced cab to a local beach $5-15/person. Also, there are smaller excurrsions that can cost $20-30. We went on an Island tour of Dominica and had a great time!

I love this thread! I have pages and pages of notes... and we won't even be on the Victory for a year and a half! :)

I DO have one quick question. Are there any free/inexpensive things you'd suggest doing? We have seven families going, and only two of us are really financially stable. (My husband's parents, and my little family - because we're the oldest!) One family is in the middle of building their dream house, another just bought a house and is completely renovating it... and both families have young children! The other three couples are still poor college students. Anyways! Because it's a Christmas cruise the cruise + airfare for each of them is going to be $1200-1300 per person, so I'm trying to find ways to NOT spend a lot of money in port.

Well first off, since you are leaving from San Juan you can save alot of money by buying your own liquor (if you drink) duty-free and bringing in your carry-on. Shhhhh!!! They don't check for it!

Cheap cabs to the beach are the way to go.

Thanks guys! I'm all over the ports of call boards (and I read the reviews for both the Victory itnerary AND the ports of call) but I'm gathering information from wherever I can! I'm a planner who married into the world's most spontaneous family, they're still not sure what to do with me.

We're not big drinkers, but I'll make sure my husband knows to pick up a bottle or two in San Juan!

Hey guys, People keep talking about ports being overcrowded with multiple ships. Is there a website to check how many ships, from each cruise company, will be in port on a certain day??

Thank in advance!

Hey guys, People keep talking about ports being overcrowded with multiple ships. Is there a website to check how many ships, from each cruise company, will be in port on a certain day??

Thank in advance!

That I can answer! Cruise tt dot com has schedules!

For the families with young children, if you check the Special Interest area of these boards, there is a Family section. I am sure there is info there about saving money....these days I don't know many people that AREN'T on a budget! Good luck with your plans!

Rob, thanks for posting the pics of Champagne Reef, now I see the bubbles everyone is talking about. How would you rate the snorkeling there? Is it worth asking for the extra time there?

I would rate it good to excellent. Swim around the rocky point for a thicker reef. I would put it down as a don't miss attraction!

We have just been assigned our cabin! We booked an 8A GTY and have been upgraded to 8D! WooHoo!! Has anyone stayed in cabin #8362? Does anyone have pics? What time do the restaurants overhead open and close?? Will there be a problem with noise?

My mom found a great deal on the Victory sailing out of barbados for 4 days. We get to see Antigua again but 2 new islands will be St kitts and St lucia I'm pretty excited and am really glad this thread was here as I didn't know that there was a big screen on the victory.

I'll try to get pics our cabin is 7408. I've never stayed in a cabin that was right under the bridge . Will we be happy with it.

Which decks can you walk straight through from one end of the ship to the other? What time does the dining areas open for breakfast if we choose this over going to the buffet on the Lido deck?

On the Destiny, it was deck 5. Victory is in the same class, so I would think it would be 5.

My mom found a great deal on the Victory sailing out of barbados for 4 days. We get to see Antigua again but 2 new islands will be St kitts and St lucia I'm pretty excited and am really glad this thread was here as I didn't know that there was a big screen on the victory.

I'll try to get pics our cabin is 7408. I've never stayed in a cabin that was right under the bridge . Will we be happy with it.

Here's a picture of a messy 7408 on the Victory.

1144441781055395529S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by beentravelin

My mom found a great deal on the Victory....

I'll try to get pics our cabin is 7408.

I've never stayed in a cabin that was right under the bridge . Will we be happy with it.

If your cabin is indeed 7408

you should have little problem with the bridge obstructing your view.

After consulting Victory deck plans at URL..

http://www.carnival4me.com/carnival-victory-empress-deck.htm

I notice that Cabin 7408 is on the Port side almost at the very stern end of the ship.

From where you'll be, any obstruction of your overall view by the bridge

will look like so...

DOM-350.jpg

except you'll be on the other side of the ship.

Which decks can you walk straight through from one end of the ship to the other? What time does the dining areas open for breakfast if we choose this over going to the buffet on the Lido deck?

Just returned from the Carnival Victory. I think I can answer these questions for you.

Decks 1 (Riviera), 2 (Main), 7 (Empress) and 8 (Verandah) you can walk along the stateroom corridor from the aft to front of the ship.

Deck 5 you can walk from the Adriatic Lounge (aft) all the way up to the Caribbean Lounge (front).

The Lido Deck (Deck 9) allows you to walk from the Sirens Pool (aft of the ship) through the Mediterranean Restaurant, past Triton's Bar and pool, through the sliding glass doors, around the Atrium opening and along the stateroom corridor to get to the front of the ship.

The Panorama Deck is one deck up overlooking the Lido Deck Pool. You can start from the forward staterooms, than exit the door up near the King of the Sea Pool and waterslide exit that will take you either port or starboard all the way to the back of the ship.

Open Seating Breakfast is offered in the Pacific Dining Room from 7:30 am - 9:30 am.

Thank you so much dz63!! Did you enjoy the cruise? What excursions did you do? Are you going to write a report and/or post pics! Would love to see your pics!

What time does the buffet open for breakfast each morning?

Yes, we really enjoyed the cruise. I also liked the way the Carnival Victory was decorated with the Seven Seas Marine Theme. I thought it had nicer decor than the Carnival Triumph.

I am working on writing a review. Right now I am trying to figure out how to post large photos instead of the thumbnail size, so that I can add these to the review. Eventually I will put our photo's and videos into a media presentation that I will also post.

These are the excursions which we did.

St. Thomas--Sightseeing and Sapphire Beach with Airforce 1 Papa Bear.

Dominica--Emerald Pool and River Tubing with Antours

Barbados--Harrison's Cave, East Coast, St. John's Church and Accra/Rockley Beach with Scenic Barbados Tours.

St. Lucia--West Coast Delight Island Tour and Jalouise Beach with Spencer Ambrose--awesome tour with the best tour guide ever!

Antigua--Best of Paradise Island Tour and Long Bay Beach with Gordan

St. Kitts--Zipline Safari with St. Kitts Tour Store

Breakfast on the Lido Deck for early risers begins at 6:00 am in the Mediterranean Restaurant. Coffee and danishes are served.

Buffet Breakfast on the Lido Deck is from 7:00-10:30 am in the Mediterranean Restaurant and from 7:00-11:00 am by the Main Pool.

Yes, we really enjoyed the cruise. I also liked the way the Carnival Victory was decorated with the Seven Seas Marine Theme. I thought it had nicer decor than the Carnival Triumph.

I am working on writing a review. Right now I am trying to figure out how to post large photos instead of the thumbnail size, so that I can add these to the review. Eventually I will put our photo's and videos into a media presentation that I will also post.

These are the excursions which we did.

St. Thomas--Sightseeing and Sapphire Beach with Airforce 1 Papa Bear.

Dominica--Emerald Pool and River Tubing with Antours

Barbados--Harrison's Cave, East Coast, St. John's Church and Accra/Rockley Beach with Scenic Barbados Tours.

St. Lucia--West Coast Delight Island Tour and Jalouise Beach with Spencer Ambrose--awesome tour with the best tour guide ever!

Antigua--Best of Paradise Island Tour and Long Bay Beach with Gordan

St. Kitts--Zipline Safari with St. Kitts Tour Store

Breakfast on the Lido Deck for early risers begins at 6:00 am in the Mediterranean Restaurant. Coffee and danishes are served.

Buffet Breakfast on the Lido Deck is from 7:00-10:30 am in the Mediterranean Restaurant and from 7:00-11:00 am by the Main Pool.

dz63, if you have your pics uploaded to a photo site, such as photobucket you can just copy and paste the pics from there.

If I am not mistaken, and someone please correct me if I am, that Verandah is the same deck as the bridge. So, in the aft picture, it would be (bottom to top) Upper, Empress, and Verandah on top, with the Lido deck at the top of all of them. The view of the front of the ship, it is Upper, Empress, Verandah (with the bridge) , Lido, and Spa decks.