All things "Victory"

richbum

There is just something about a man in a tux......*sigh*. Mrs. Cigar Dude is a lucky gal.

Well thank you. I'll make sure Mrs. Cigar Dude knows that! :D

Here we are with the captain of Glory last September:

FormalnightwithCaptain.jpg

You proved my point. :) A man in a tux is the best accessory that a well-dressed woman can have on her arm. She looks spectacular, and you are the finishing touch.

How about four gentlemen on a woman's arm?

CanivalVictoryFormal.jpg

Cigar Dude,

I love reading your posts. DH and I will be on the Victory November 1st for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Please post a review when you get back!! :)

Thank you! :o

I'll be happy to post a review and plenty of pics! :)

dz63, I would love to hear more about Spencer's tour. West Coast Delight is the Tour I will be doing and I can't wait. Did you spend extra time at Jalousie? If so, were you able to see all the sites or did you have to eliminate anything?

Hi froggy4

I have completed a detailed review with photo's on Spencer's West Coast Delight Tour. You can read all about it in the St. Lucia forum by clicking on these links:

(It begins on the bottom of page 8 and continues on page 9)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=20467493&postcount=160

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=718495&page=9

I hope this answers all of your questions.

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them for you.

cz

Edited by dz63

Hi Folks,

Sorry to butt in here, but we just booked a cruise yesterday on Victory that leaves in less than two weeks. We have not flown since the airlines instituted their new luggage limits and I am fretting about how much my bags will weigh. Could someone elaborate on the laundry facilities on board? How convenient? How much $? Are there ironing boards? etc... I would like to not have to pack two outfits for each day if I can help it.

Also, if we do not pack formal wear and a jacket for my husband, will we be in the minority? I don't want to feel under-dressed. We do not like to eat our evening meals at the buffet. Someone on these boards said there are no more formal nights. Is that correct?

Thanks so much for any help. Between figuring out what to take and researching excursions, I'm a bit stressed and that's not what a cruise is all about. I know the cruise will be relaxing, but the 2 weeks leading up to it are not!

Thanks again.

Laurie

Hi Laurie

We cruised in March and noticed lots of casual dressers in the dining

room, even on elegant nite. Saw many men dressed in docker pants

with dressier short sleeved shirts, some with ties. Did see a few tuxes,

cocktail dresses and some suits and ties. Did not see and jeans or

elegant nite though. I think if your husband skips the jacket, he will

be fine and not out of place.

Enjoy your cruise. We loved it.!!:)

I'll write a full-blown review later, but this cruise just blew me away!:D My bunch sailed the 7/12 thru 7/19 cruise and we loved every second of it. Met some great people (hey Lori, Pam, and the gang), saw seven distinctly different, yet all beautiful islands, took some wonderful tours, and loved our balcony room. This cruise just set the standard by which all future cruises will be judged for my family.

I wondered if 7 islands would wear us out...it did.

But I wouldn't have wanted to miss any of them. I didn't miss At-Sea days at all. I wouldn't have traded one island for anything.

Quick thoughts...Dream Catamaran to snorkel at St John was just unworldly...got off ship at Dominica and took a $10 a person tour to Trafalgar Falls, Sulphur Springs, Morne Bruce, etc...Swimming with turtles at Barbados just cannot be missed...Spencer Ambrose tour to Jalousie and the Pitons I cannot recommend any higher...Darkwood Beach at Antigua is the PERFECT Caribbean beach...Cockleshell Beach in St Kitts is a trip (monkeys, giant pig, goats on picnic tables, good snorkeling, great beach bar and facilities).

Everyone out there with this cruise coming up...congratulations. You are going to love it!:):):)

I am sure I will get a varied response...but we are going on Victory.in a few months. I have already booked Cosul in St. Lucia. I am looking for two more tours (we only want to do three tours total...believe it or not, we are going to try to relax on this trip). I wanted the tours to be different in their own way. We cannot do ziplining due to back surgery back in January.

Can you provide me with your number 1 favorite tour and why. I only want to know one...hopefully, some one will say something in their post that will give me that "that's it" thought.

Thanks.

And this is such a great thread. Love the pics and I have learned so much.

Edited by madeth313
To add additional information.

Anyone stayed in this cabin on Victory before? It is forward and looks like it is almost under the bridge wing. I'm especially interested in what the view from the balcony looks like with the bridge overhead. Any pics would be appreciated.

Edited by s&m_go_cruisin

...got off ship at Dominica and took a $10 a person tour to Trafalgar Falls, Sulphur Springs, Morne Bruce, etc...

Grand Kman, where did you find a $10 per person tour? Please share! :D Also, can anyone answer how early can you get on the ship since it leaves so late?

Per the Carnival website: 2:30pm

Embarkation Hours:

Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Mobile, Galveston, Tampa, Port Canaveral, New Orleans and San Diego - 12:30 P.M.

Vancouver, Rome (Civitavechia) and Whittier – 12:30 P.M.

New York - 1:00 P.M.

Los Angeles (Long Beach) - 1:30 P.M.

Baltimore - 2:00 P.M.

San Juan - 2:30 P.M.

London (Dover) - Noon

Honolulu - 1:00 P.M.

Ensenada - 6:00 P.M.

You must check in at least one hour prior to departure.

Grand Kman, where did you find a $10 per person tour? Please share! :D Also, can anyone answer how early can you get on the ship since it leaves so late?

We got on around 12:30, give or take a few.

I am sure I will get a varied response...but we are going on Victory.in a few months. I have already booked Cosul in St. Lucia. I am looking for two more tours (we only want to do three tours total...believe it or not, we are going to try to relax on this trip). I wanted the tours to be different in their own way. We cannot do ziplining due to back surgery back in January.

Can you provide me with your number 1 favorite tour and why. I only want to know one...hopefully, some one will say something in their post that will give me that "that's it" thought.

Thanks.

And this is such a great thread. Love the pics and I have learned so much.

Tough choice!!!

I'd go with See Antigua by Sea.

The boat. (Excellence)

P5150004.jpg

Nelson's Dockyard

100_2704.jpg

Hercules Pillars

100_2688.jpg

Lunch cooking

100_2615.jpg

and a stop at Green Island

100_2619.jpg

If you don't mind my asking, what did this cost and how long was the excursion.

Tough choice!!!

I'd go with See Antigua by Sea.

The boat. (Excellence)

P5150004.jpg

Nelson's Dockyard

100_2704.jpg

Hercules Pillars

100_2688.jpg

Lunch cooking

100_2615.jpg

and a stop at Green Island

100_2619.jpg

Anyone stayed in this cabin on Victory before?

It is forward and looks like it is almost under the bridge wing.

I'm especially interested in what the view from the balcony looks like with the bridge overhead.

Any pics would be appreciated.

These pics from vantage points nearby

..on the other side of the ship from where your cabin number is

CV-151.jpg

CV-152.jpg

If you don't mind my asking, what did this cost and how long was the excursion.

I don't recall exactly. It is listed in Canival's excursions though.

I think around $90pp and lasts 5-6 hrs.

Be careful, the overproof rum punch is some of the strongest I've ever had. Several people from our cruise don't remember making it back to their room!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I see it there now.

I don't recall exactly. It is listed in Canival's excursions though.

I think around $90pp and lasts 5-6 hrs.

Be careful, the overproof rum punch is some of the strongest I've ever had. Several people from our cruise don't remember making it back to their room!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get $20/per person tours (2-3 hrs) from hundreds of guides just off the ship in Dominica...just walk a few streets away from the pier and haggle a bit. It was easy. Great tour too.

Favorite tour...Dream Catamarans to St John and the Barrier Islands. Private tour through St Thomas Excursions. Leave from the Wyndam Hotel (6-7 hrs). 3 fantastic Snorkel stops, wonderful lunch, and the most beautiful scenery you will ever see. About $130 each. Worth every penny.

You can get $20/per person tours (2-3 hrs) from hundreds of guides just off the ship in Dominica...just walk a few streets away from the pier and haggle a bit. It was easy. Great tour too.

quote]

Thats what we did in Dominica, just keep walking, the farther you walk, the lower the prices get and we got a wonderful driver named Henry.