All things "Victory"

richbum

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great thread!!! I'm still reading through all of it and it's taking me several days.

I have a few questions:

Does anyone know when the Victory is scheduled for dry dock?

Is there a chocolate buffet on any of the days?

Is there a midnight buffet?

Thanks!!! :)

This is a great thread!!! I'm still reading through all of it and it's taking me several days.

I have a few questions:

Does anyone know when the Victory is scheduled for dry dock?

Is there a chocolate buffet on any of the days?

Is there a midnight buffet?

Thanks!!! :)

I dont know about Drydock but I was just on the Victory out of San Juan in June. The chocolate buffet was while in St. Maarten, the last day frrom 12 - 3:30 pm. There is "late night snacks" nightly between 11:30 pm and 1 am on Deck 9 Aft.

Connie

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

...three new shots to see if my Photobucket links still work..and stay

Victory-775.jpg

The lights of San Juan PR in the background..

Victory-801.jpg

Lido pool amidships..

Victory-810.jpg

Lido pool aft..

let me ask you, I have a fish eye lens but all my photos come out round and black around the edges. Is there a different kind of lens you took these with? These kind of pics are why I bought one and now I am very disappointed with it.

Thanks

Connie

PAST CRUISES:

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

Okay all you folks with Victory Experience. We will be on the December 9th sailing. This will be our 8th Carnival cruise. Looking forward to this one as I visited a lot of these ports while in submarines with the US Navy, but that was a "few" years ago. DW and I are from Florida and have booked a balcony on the Panorama Deck (1031 - nose bleed section). Have never been on one of the "bigger" Carnivial ships, however, we will complete a cruise on the Glory in September. Anyone with any experience on the Panorama Deck?

Here is what we have scheduled so far, and a lot is based on what I have read from the reviews on CC.

We will probably arrive in San Juan two days prior to the cruise (Dec 7th). Any suggestions for a hotel during that time. Will probably try and fly out the day the ship returns.

Based on CC recommendations have booked the following excursions so far:

St Lucia - COSOL Island Tour

St Kitts - Royston Island Tour

If you have any info on SR 1031 or the Panorama deck would appreciate it. Also, Any good suggestions regarding St. Thomas, Barbados, or St Maarten excusions would be great. Not into a lot of "water sports" - mostly just sightseeing and shopping. Age has a way of slowing you down!

Also - feel free to share anything you have learned that will be a help to us and others that read this board. Thanks in advance.

Okay all you folks with Victory Experience. We will be on the December 9th sailing. This will be our 8th Carnival cruise. Looking forward to this one as I visited a lot of these ports while in submarines with the US Navy, but that was a "few" years ago. DW and I are from Florida and have booked a balcony on the Panorama Deck (1031 - nose bleed section). Have never been on one of the "bigger" Carnivial ships, however, we will complete a cruise on the Glory in September. Anyone with any experience on the Panorama Deck?

Here is what we have scheduled so far, and a lot is based on what I have read from the reviews on CC.

We will probably arrive in San Juan two days prior to the cruise (Dec 7th). Any suggestions for a hotel during that time. Will probably try and fly out the day the ship returns.

If you have any info on SR 1031 or the Panorama deck would appreciate it. Also, Any good suggestions regarding St. Thomas, Barbados, or St Maarten excusions would be great. Not into a lot of "water sports" - mostly just sightseeing and shopping. Age has a way of slowing you down!

Also - feel free to share anything you have learned that will be a help to us and others that read this board. Thanks in advance.

Awesome..... we are getting on the Victory as you are getting off (we board the 16th of Dec) This will be our 2nd time on the Victory. If you can get the Old town Sheraton or the El Caribe Hilton before you will be happy. My review is in my signature. You will have a great time.

Also, Any good suggestions regarding St. Thomas, Barbados, or St Maarten excusions would be great. Not into a lot of "water sports" - mostly just sightseeing and shopping. Age has a way of slowing you down!

We had a great Segway tour in Barbados with Jason at Segway Barbados. Beautiful scenery and top notch company. We had ages from my DS who is 12 to my Mom who is 78. Every one had a great time.

My review is in my signature, we just did this itinerary in June.

Connie

PAST CRUISES:

let me ask you, I have a fish eye lens but all my photos come out round and black around the edges. Is there a different kind of lens you took these with? These kind of pics are why I bought one and now I am very disappointed with it.

Thanks

Connie

PAST CRUISES:

I am wondering the same thing. I have been looking and there are just attachments for your normal lens already or there are fish eye lenses. The attachments look like they have the black around the pictures, but maybe the just the fish eye lens itself doesn't do that? Would love some input in this as it's just a guess in the air.

Thanks!!

St. Kitts - the 6 hr Catamaran tour was great! Highly recommend.

• 2 months later...
Anybody has any ideas how I can do both Harrison Caves and turtle swim in Barbados? The port boards was no help. I figure I'll take a shot here. On Victory October 28th sailing.:confused:

Try looking into the Best of Paradise Tour with Glory Tours. This excursion includes Harrison Cave, Wildlife Reserve and a boat trip to swim with the turtles.

http://www.glorytours.org/beachsh.html

we are boarding on sunday looking forward to a great week!

We'll see you there!

2846309520097654989S425x425Q85.jpg

can you take lots of pictures of the ship please :D We are boarding when the Victory moves to Miami, oh and if possible the secret deck on the lido :D We have one of the 4J's there.